The Valley Is The Place
Having seen the great season DJ is building to with him rewriting the franchise record book he has established himself as an elite NFL player. Both O.J. and John David Crow are now in his rearview mirror. He is, also, on the verge of setting an NFL record for consecutive games in a single season of at least 100 yards from scrimmage. And, in next season's kickoff game he could tie the NFL record of 17 straight games now held by Marcus Allen. Well, first off he must slash and dash his will against the Rams. Odds are in his favor.
My point in starting this thread is how the records of the team from its Chicago and St.Louis days are being reset by newer accomplishments since its arrival in the Valley. So, here are a few Valley records established. How many more am I overlooking?
- total victories in the first three years of a new coach's hire? And how BA could sometime next season be the
new standard bearer?
- number of stadium sellouts and consecutive, no less
- total points by a player in a season
- total yards in a season passing by a QB
- TD' thrown in a season by a QB
- WR receptions in a season
- career sacks and INT's by a defender
- maybe a career sack total established against the Rams by Calais?
- consecutive games played with at least one reception
You Valley fans are likely going to see the Cardinal record book rewritten showing all the new standards established after moving to Arizona.