Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Draft

Default 2017 Draft

I went BPA at positions of need except for round 2. Christian was too good of value to pass up since he can be our number two RB, 5th WR and kick returner. We'd never be lucky enough to land these top 4 but this would be a dream draft IMO. I don't know anything about the last two kids selected but i know we need depth.

1: R1P13
    LB REUBEN FOSTER
    ALABAMA

2: R2P13
    RB CHRISTIAN MCCAFFREY
    STANFORD

3: R3P13
    WR DEDE WESTBROOK
    OKLAHOMA

4: R4P13
    CB MARQUEZ WHITE
    FSU

5: R5P13
    QB CHAD KELLY
    OLE MISS

6: R5P33
    C KYLE FULLER
    BAYLOR

7: R6P13
    G SEAN HARLOW

Round 1 trade down into the top 20's. Pick up an additional 3rd rounder. Then select Cunningham from Vandy at ILB. Round 2 take Mahornes if he is still there. Round 3 pick up a guard and WR. After that it's purely a crap shoot so take the BPA.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    Round 1 trade down into the top 20's. Pick up an additional 3rd rounder. Then select Cunningham from Vandy at ILB. Round 2 take Mahornes if he is still there. Round 3 pick up a guard and WR. After that it's purely a crap shoot so take the BPA.
    Plan B if the Bills take Cunningham? A few sites are reporting their interest in him. (Probably a load of nonsense, but hey ho.)
    Logan Woodside is not a day three pick, he is the best QB in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post

Do this but maybe take the best available CB/WR in this loaded draft in the 3rd.

There is more, a lot more depth at CB/WR in this draft than ILB.
    Last edited by Birdgang95; 01-13-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdgang95 View Post
    Do this but maybe take the best available CB/WR in this loaded draft in the 3rd.

There is more, a lot more depth at CB/WR in this draft than ILB.
    To the best of my knowledge you can't trade down on the Fanspeak simulator. I'm all for trading down, but the list I pulled above was ideal if you can't trade down.

I only went 4 rounds -- would have tried to trade down in Rd #1 after Mike Williams was taken at #10.

13: R1P13
    LB REUBEN FOSTER
    ALABAMA
    45: R2P13
    CB QUINCY WILSON
    FLORIDA
    77: R3P13
    WR COURTLAND SUTTON
    SMU
    118: R4P13
    C ETHAN POCIC (Can Play either Center or Guard -- way too much value here in 4th round)
    LSU

I would be very happy with this draft as all of the above would make team and contribute.
    Last edited by SurpriseCardFan; 01-13-2017 at 01:07 PM.

13: R1P13
    S JAMAL ADAMS
    LSU
    45: R2P13
    LB ZACH CUNNINGHAM
    VANDERBILT
    77: R3P13
    WR ISAIAH FORD
    VIRGINIA TECH
    118: R4P13
    QB DAVIS WEBB
    CALIFORNIA
    158: R5P13
    WR CHRIS GODWIN
    PENN STATE
    178: R5P33
    LB BEN BOULWARE
    CALMEST

No way some of these guys are in these spots but that was a decent simulated draft. I saw Cunningham and got excited in the 2nd but I think there was a QB there I would have taken.

So much will change between now and then and maybe these simulators will adjust as well. Godwin really impressed me in the Rose Bowl.

If we don't take a Qb with the 13th pick and that is a good possibility these are the guys I think could be the cardinals pick in the first round.

1. Marlon Humphrey CB
    2.Mike Williams WR
    3. Quincy Wilson CB
    4. JuJu Smith WR

Would not touch Tabor unless he fell to the 2nd or even 3rd round. He was caught with weed in 2014 and in 2015 was suspended for saying football is like slavery. I am not sure I would even want the guy but the kid is good. No the two LB's from Alabama won't make it to us in my opinion.
    Last edited by Redbirdfan62; 01-14-2017 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    If we don't take a Qb with the 13th pick and that is a good possibility these are the guys I think could be the cardinals pick in the first round.

1. Marlon Humphrey CB
    2.Mike Williams WR
    3. Quincy Wilson CB
    4. JuJu Smith WR

Would not touch Tabor unless he fell to the 2nd or even 3rd round. He was caught with weed in 2014 and in 2015 was suspended for saying football is like slavery. I am not sure I would even want the guy but the kid is good. No the two LB's from Alabama won't make it to us in my opinion.
    Marlon Humphrey sucks, he's more of a late 1st to early 2nd certainly not worth #13 overall. Take CB Marshon Lattimore from Ohio State. Mike Williams will be gone. Quincy Wilson is a possibilty. JuJu Smith Schuster is a 2nd round WR at best.
    Last edited by Birdgang95; 01-14-2017 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post

1. Marlon Humphrey CB
    2.Mike Williams WR
    3. Quincy Wilson CB
    4. JuJu Smith WR

JuJu Smith at 13??? Yikes, no way. I like him but that is super high.