Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Draft

Give me a CB and LB before a WR. Hopefully Keim thinks the same way. We need a captain in the middle of our defense so Zeke doesn't go off on us next year and we need to give PP some help. Need a LB who can also spy on QBs like Mariota, Russ and Cam, etc.
    Last edited by Birdgang95; 03-17-2017 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdgang95 View Post
    Give me a CB and LB before a WR. Hopefully Keim thinks the same way. We need a captain in the middle of our defense so Zeke doesn't go off on us next year and we need to give PP some help. Need a LB who can also spy on QBs like Mariota, Russ and Cam, etc.
    I'd really like SK to get Zach Brown ILB who had 149 tackles and 4 sacks last yr (In the last 4 yrs he played the whole season AVERAGED over 100 tackles) and is age 27 in FA -- want to have maneuverability with the draft and picks to move around and get a QBOF. This lets them concentrate on CB/WR/QBOF
    Last edited by SurpriseCardFan; 03-17-2017 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdgang95 View Post
    I think all 3 would be nice!

And the argument can be made that, while you can find a quality press CB2 (like Rasul Douglas) in Round 3.... the good WR will probably gone by then. And the Bettcher scheme is so specific that very few ILB are natural fits, so if a guy like Foster is there, it makes sense. Once you get past the top guys, anyone you take to play opposite Bucannon is going to have warts.

So essentially, Keim has to make a value judgment about what is likely to bring in the most potential bang (cumulative) over the first 3 rounds.

I'd rather have, for instance, Foster-Kupp-Douglas than Wilson-McMillan-crappy WR or Davis-White-crappy LB

I played first pick this draft game the other day online. You pick a draft for your team and it grades you, plus other players are drafting with you for all 32 teams. Got a B plus drafting this draft:

Foster ILB Alabama
    Jackson CB/KR USC
    Elgin G Ohio State
    Webb QB Cal
    Malone WR Tennessee
    Pumphrey RB San Diego State
    Gonzalez K ASU

The comp pick, not sure where they go with that. Maybe trade if there's a willing participant? They have a couple in 2018 too.
    Last edited by BulldogsCards; 03-18-2017 at 10:33 AM.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

Looks like some prospects the Cardinals have shown some level of interest in are:

QB Alex Torgersen, Penn
    WR Keevan Lucas, Tulsa
    OLB Jimmie Gilbert, Colorado
    OLB Elijah Lee, Kansas State
    CB Jeremy Cutrer, Middle Tennessee State

Buddha Baker reaks to be the next Earl Thomas.. Hopefully he's the Cardinals 2nd round pick

R1P13
    LB REUBEN FOSTER
    ALABAMA

Dynamic linebacker that's makes a lot of plays. Foster would learn a lot from KDansby if the Cardinals do select him there. He's a little short for my liking but you cannot deny his play making ability.

45: R2P13
    S OBI MELIFONWU
    UCONN

He's a athletic freak! He's 6'4 224 lbs, runs a 4.4 flat with a 44 inch vertical. Those numbers are aye popping. However, his hips isn't fluid and is late at times recognizing routes. He's going to improve immensely with NFL coaching per the expert.

77: R3P13
    CB CHIDOBE AWUZIE
    COLORADO

Ideal size for a corner. He's 6ft 202 lbs and has the speed at 4.4 forty. Very physical corner , his downfall is that he quicker than fast and doesn't have the make up speed when he gets behind receiver.

120: R4P13
    C ETHAN POCIC
    LSU
    He played center but will most likely be playing guard in the next level. He's athletic enough to play the middle of the line. At 6'6 310 lbs and being able to pull is a great trait. Also, being able to bench 225lbs 26 times shows that he's strong enough and won't be pushed around. I really like Ethan would be great for the depth.

157: R5P13
    WR JEHU CHESSON
    MICHIGAN

He's a tall (6'3) and fast (4.47 FYD). Suffered an injury back in 2015 and didn't look himself in 2016. As we are aware with the honeybadger, it's takes a year for them to become themselves.

179: R5P35
    QB JOSHUA DOBBS
    TENNESSEE

Another project but he has traits that show he can become something special if he puts in the work. Has a stronger arm than giving credit. His issues is placement of the ball to the WR. It's not so much accuracy but the placement.

197: R6P13
    G GREG PYKE
    GEORGIA
    He's described as a fighter. At 6'6 325, he's a mammoth of a man. He played RG and Georgia loved to have him pull especially on screen plays. Nice depth for the OLine.

231: R7P13
    G SEAN HARLOW
    OREGON ST
    He's also described as a grinder. His biggest weakness is he has short arms for a guard. He's 6'4 303 but shows great technique at the point of attack. Like I said, his short arms is what's keeping him from being drafted early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinals2005 View Post
    R1P13
    LB REUBEN FOSTER
    ALABAMA

Dynamic linebacker that's makes a lot of plays. Foster would learn a lot from KDansby if the Cardinals do select him there. He's a little short for my liking but you cannot deny his play making ability.

45: R2P13
    S OBI MELIFONWU
    UCONN

He's a athletic freak! He's 6'4 224 lbs, runs a 4.4 flat with a 44 inch vertical. Those numbers are aye popping. However, his hips isn't fluid and is late at times recognizing routes. He's going to improve immensely with NFL coaching per the expert.

77: R3P13
    CB CHIDOBE AWUZIE
    COLORADO

Ideal size for a corner. He's 6ft 202 lbs and has the speed at 4.4 forty. Very physical corner , his downfall is that he quicker than fast and doesn't have the make up speed when he gets behind receiver.

120: R4P13
    C ETHAN POCIC
    LSU
    He played center but will most likely be playing guard in the next level. He's athletic enough to play the middle of the line. At 6'6 310 lbs and being able to pull is a great trait. Also, being able to bench 225lbs 26 times shows that he's strong enough and won't be pushed around. I really like Ethan would be great for the depth.

157: R5P13
    WR JEHU CHESSON
    MICHIGAN

He's a tall (6'3) and fast (4.47 FYD). Suffered an injury back in 2015 and didn't look himself in 2016. As we are aware with the honeybadger, it's takes a year for them to become themselves.

179: R5P35
    QB JOSHUA DOBBS
    TENNESSEE

Another project but he has traits that show he can become something special if he puts in the work. Has a stronger arm than giving credit. His issues is placement of the ball to the WR. It's not so much accuracy but the placement.

197: R6P13
    G GREG PYKE
    GEORGIA
    He's described as a fighter. At 6'6 325, he's a mammoth of a man. He played RG and Georgia loved to have him pull especially on screen plays. Nice depth for the OLine.

231: R7P13
    G SEAN HARLOW
    OREGON ST
    He's also described as a grinder. His biggest weakness is he has short arms for a guard. He's 6'4 303 but shows great technique at the point of attack. Like I said, his short arms is what's keeping him from being drafted early on.
    Pocic in the 4th. Interesting. Bring him in, train him up as guard for 1 year, and occasionally as AQ's b/u at C. If Pocic can pull with speed and knock down defenders for DJ, CJ and AE, then all the better.

Toledo TE Michael Roberts will out for the Tampa Bay Bucs, Arizona Cardinals and Philadelphia Eagles in the coming days.
    Roberts' pro day event was Monday, and the tight end coaches of the Detroit Lions and Pittsburgh Steelers were on hand to check him out. He slightly improved upon his NFL Combine 40 showing by running in times that ranged from 4.78s to 4.82s. Roberts (6-foot-4, 270 pounds) is a big TE prospect who broke out for a 43-514-15 line last year. That touchdown total led the nation

Interesting dude. 6'4 270 hes big and heavy. I imagine hes primarily a blocker, but those 15 TDs says hes a good receiver. Hes not fast at all. 4.87 40.

he has hands 11 1/2 inches. Thatll put him in the top 10 biggest hands in the NFL.

37 more days to the draft start. The slog goes on. Ugh.

I watched more film on WR Davis yesterday. He's someone's #1.