Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Birdgang95 View Post
    Marlon Humphrey sucks, he's more of a late 1st to early 2nd certainly not worth #13 overall. Take CB Marshon Lattimore from Ohio State. Mike Williams will be gone. Quincy Wilson is a possibilty. JuJu Smith Schuster is a 2nd round WR at best.
    Definitely disagree with you on Humphrey. JUJU could be a near the middle of the first round. I liked what I saw in both of these players.

JuJu is prob like a beginning of the 2nd round type of guy. I'd love him if he's on the board on the 2nd depending on what we do in the 1st

Quote Originally Posted by ~Main Event~ View Post
    JuJu is prob like a beginning of the 2nd round type of guy. I'd love him if he's on the board on the 2nd depending on what we do in the 1st
    I just don't see the 3rd or 4th rated WR dropping out of the first round. Teams will be looking to replace free agents and maybe a retiree. The teams that need Wr not willing to pay free agency price for some quality WR's will draft one. I can't wait for the draft and hope the cards bring their A game.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Main Event~ View Post
    JUJU in second all day long, but no way at #13.

Reuben Foster at 13 would be excellent.

Mike Williams would be great as well.

Foster would round out the LB corps with jones golden and Buchanon giving us an elite LB corps with a run stuffer like Foster.

My pick is Foster at 13. Keep building that defense, defense wins championships.

I disagree with most of the experts who think Trubisky, Watson, etc... are all going to be first round picks. Every single QB coming out of college this year has major flaws. If it's not accuracy related, it lacks of experience or size related.

If you're the 49ers or Bears, and you need a QB now, are you going to roll with an unprepared college kid or give a younger veteran a shot, one that might just need a change of scenery?

Bortles, Glennon, Cutler, Garrapolo, etc... are all on the move and will likely be starting somewhere next year, likely San Fran. Is San Fran really going to pay up for one of those guys then drop a first rounder on a QB? Maybe, but i think unlikely. And if San Fran does invest in a QB in the first round, i don't see them bidding on the other guys. Which means we could probably get someone like Bortles for a cheap draft pick. Papers out of Chicago, etc... say he might be able to be had for a 3rd day pick.

So here are my questions?

1. Would you prefer Bortles (at the cost of a 5th round draft choice) or take a shot at one of these college kids?

2. Can you forsee any situation where we trade someone like Stanton to a QB needy team? I could see a swap like Bortles for Stanton. Stanton could get another crack at starting and the regime he goes to could let him start a year while their new draft pick (say Trubisky) holds a clip board.

I think Stanton's trade value might be higher this year than in year's past. Can anyone really say that any of the kids coming out of college this year, or even someone like Cutler/Bortles is guaranteed to outperform him? He would be a stopgap at best for any team we sent him to, and i don't think we'd get much in return. But i do think this is the best year to deal him.

Stanton is too expensive to be a number 3 guy. And if we convince Glennon/Bortles, etc... to come here, it's only going to be if they are the number 2 guy. And I only think they'd accept that role given they know Carson's injury history and know they may only have to wait a year to start.

Quote Originally Posted by rwatson1 View Post
    I disagree with most of the experts who think Trubisky, Watson, etc... are all going to be first round picks. Every single QB coming out of college this year has major flaws. If it's not accuracy related, it lacks of experience or size related.

If you're the 49ers or Bears, and you need a QB now, are you going to roll with an unprepared college kid or give a younger veteran a shot, one that might just need a change of scenery?

Bortles, Glennon, Cutler, Garrapolo, etc... are all on the move and will likely be starting somewhere next year, likely San Fran. Is San Fran really going to pay up for one of those guys then drop a first rounder on a QB? Maybe, but i think unlikely. And if San Fran does invest in a QB in the first round, i don't see them bidding on the other guys. Which means we could probably get someone like Bortles for a cheap draft pick. Papers out of Chicago, etc... say he might be able to be had for a 3rd day pick.

So here are my questions?

1. Would you prefer Bortles (at the cost of a 5th round draft choice) or take a shot at one of these college kids?

2. Can you forsee any situation where we trade someone like Stanton to a QB needy team? I could see a swap like Bortles for Stanton. Stanton could get another crack at starting and the regime he goes to could let him start a year while their new draft pick (say Trubisky) holds a clip board.

I think Stanton's trade value might be higher this year than in year's past. Can anyone really say that any of the kids coming out of college this year, or even someone like Cutler/Bortles is guaranteed to outperform him? He would be a stopgap at best for any team we sent him to, and i don't think we'd get much in return. But i do think this is the best year to deal him.

Stanton is too expensive to be a number 3 guy. And if we convince Glennon/Bortles, etc... to come here, it's only going to be if they are the number 2 guy. And I only think they'd accept that role given they know Carson's injury history and know they may only have to wait a year to start.
    Ive always liked Bortles. I do not think a 5th rounder secures him.

Saying Stanton has trade value made me laugh.

FWIW,

Drew is signed thru 2017. And, his cap hit is a whopping $4M. He ain't going anywhere.

I don't agree with you on Stanton. I really don't see him having any trade value. He is a career back up. And not a good one at that. I can't see them trading Bortles for Stanton and him starting while a rookie takes a year to learn the system. That team isn't in full rebuild mode. They want to win as much as they can. With Stanton they would be conseeding the whole season from the get go.

Were pretty much stuck with Stanton as our back up. Unless they cut him which I don't see BA doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    I don't agree with you on Stanton. I really don't see him having any trade value. He is a career back up. And not a good one at that. I can't see them trading Bortles for Stanton and him starting while a rookie takes a year to learn the system. That team isn't in full rebuild mode. They want to win as much as they can. With Stanton they would be conseeding the whole season from the get go.

Were pretty much stuck with Stanton as our back up. Unless they cut him which I don't see BA doing.
    Two moves that made me finally question SK's decision making. Signing Stanton to that contract,and the crazy contract he gave to the badger. Terrible decisions in my opinion.

I would cut stanton and take the hit and work a trade with someone over the badger there is someone bound to trade for the badger.
    Last edited by Redbirdfan62; 01-15-2017 at 09:25 AM.