Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    Two moves that made me finally question SK's decision making. Signing Stanton to that contract,and the crazy contract he gave to the badger. Terrible decisions in my opinion.

I would cut stanton and take the hit and work a trade with someone over the badger there is someone bound to trade for the badger.
    if tyrann doesnt get through the whole season. He need a pay cut
    "It's OUR Time"

Two moves that made me finally question SK's decision making. Signing Stanton to that contract,and the crazy contract he gave to the badger. Terrible decisions in my opinion.

I would cut stanton and take the hit and work a trade with someone over the badger there is someone bound to trade for the badger.
    Those of us who watch contracts and cap space appreciate that we currently have only $466k in dead cap for 2017, compared to the millions upon millions in previous years handed down from bad decisions and contracts from the Graves years. A big contract to Honey Badger was a bit of a gamble but I celebrated locking him down. I've been as outspoken as any about a desire to move on from Stanton, but his contract isn't hampering us too much in the big picture. Overall, the work Keim has done to clear bad contracts should start paying benefits now. The clearing up is the reason we may be able to franchise Jones plus keep many critical FAs coming up this year. In past years, the money wouldn't have been there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Those of us who watch contracts and cap space appreciate that we currently have only $466k in dead cap for 2017, compared to the millions upon millions in previous years handed down from bad decisions and contracts from the Graves years. A big contract to Honey Badger was a bit of a gamble but I celebrated locking him down. I've been as outspoken as any about a desire to move on from Stanton, but his contract isn't hampering us too much in the big picture. Overall, the work Keim has done to clear bad contracts should start paying benefits now. The clearing up is the reason we may be able to franchise Jones plus keep many critical FAs coming up this year. In past years, the money wouldn't have been there.
    I am very pleased about being able to keep key players but those two decisions bothered me. Two playoff seasons the badger missed,this would have been the third in a row well if we would have won games we should have. The other injuries didn't help either. I hope that fitz and Palmer return for one more go round I think this team can be special still. I really liked how our pass rush improved I hope we can get help for PP in that backfield. I do love the badger but three consecutive seasons being injured has to be a major concern. I am curious who out their might be interested in a trade for him and what we could get. The player is thought of highly out there. I think patriot Bill would have dealt him and got something in return.

Default Cardinals draft spots in 2017 draft

Does anyone know which picks we have in each round? I know it can vary if we need to rotate with another team with same record. Not sure if that is the case this year.

When doing a mock draft simulator it keeps giving Cards two picks in the 5th round?? I do not recall us having that, am I forgetting something?

Quote Originally Posted by Belac44 View Post
    Does anyone know which picks we have in each round? I know it can vary if we need to rotate with another team with same record. Not sure if that is the case this year.

When doing a mock draft simulator it keeps giving Cards two picks in the 5th round?? I do not recall us having that, am I forgetting something?
    I can't say as to rotating picks I haven't heard anything on that. But we got a compensatory draft pick do to players lost over players gained. It's the 170th pick overall. So one pick in the first 4 rounds. Two in the 5th. One in the 6th and zero in the 7th do to trading for Barkley.
    Last edited by Bill11; 01-15-2017 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill11 View Post
    I can't say as to rotating picks I haven't heard anything on that. But we got a compensatory draft pick do to players lost over players gained. It's the 170th pick overall. So one pick in the first 4 rounds. Two in the 5th. One in the 6th and zero in the 7th do to trading for Barkley.
    I thought we gave up that Barkley pick last year?? I didn't know they awarded comp picks already, thanks for info.

It did have us picking 13 each round so maybe we do not have to rotate with anyone this year.

I am very pleased about being able to keep key players but those two decisions bothered me. Two playoff seasons the badger missed,this would have been the third in a row well if we would have won games we should have. The other injuries didn't help either. I hope that fitz and Palmer return for one more go round I think this team can be special still. I really liked how our pass rush improved I hope we can get help for PP in that backfield. I do love the badger but three consecutive seasons being injured has to be a major concern. I am curious who out their might be interested in a trade for him and what we could get. The player is thought of highly out there. I think patriot Bill would have dealt him and got something in return.
    The top 5 2017 Cards cap hits account for $75 million of our approx $172 million cap. Those five include older vets Palmer, Fitz, and Iupati. Those will be cleared in a year or two, sooner with retirements. Veldheer and PP21 are the other two. DWash is the 7th highest cap hit, Honey Badger 6th. Signing CC and/or Jones will move Badger down more. Badger and Stanton together count for $12 million of the $172 million cap.

Next year the top 5 are $70 million of an estimated $178 million cap. Fitz falls off, Palmer at the top spot may or may not retire, Badger slides up to the third spot, as mentioned Jones and/or CC move up. Stanton is not under contract. BTW, J Bethel is the number 7th or 8th highest cap hit (ignoring DWash) in both 2017 and 2018 and I expect will be cut or redone.

We are in pretty good cap shape long term, which is why I think we will be able to work contracts for Jones, CC, Jefferson, etc if we want to.

It will be tough to do much in FA this year if we want to keep in house guys. We have a ton of FAs. In contrast, Seattles biggest name FA this year is their kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Belac44 View Post
    I thought we gave up that Barkley pick last year?? I didn't know they awarded comp picks already, thanks for info.

It did have us picking 13 each round so maybe we do not have to rotate with anyone this year.
    Hold on that was last year? I better look that up I think I'm wrong.

The compensatory picks aren't final yet but the Cardinals are projected to receive a fifth round pick for Bobby Massey.

http://cardswire.usatoday.com/2017/0...ensatory-pick/

Forget everything I said before that was all last year. I can't find any information besides the projected compensatory 5th round pick. However looking at overall records we are not tied with anyone so I don't see us having to swap picks. Sorry about the misinformation I thought I'd nailed that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    The top 5 2017 Cards cap hits account for $75 million of our approx $172 million cap. Those five include older vets Palmer, Fitz, and Iupati. Those will be cleared in a year or two, sooner with retirements. Veldheer and PP21 are the other two. DWash is the 7th highest cap hit, Honey Badger 6th. Signing CC and/or Jones will move Badger down more. Badger and Stanton together count for $12 million of the $172 million cap.

Next year the top 5 are $70 million of an estimated $178 million cap. Fitz falls off, Palmer at the top spot may or may not retire, Badger slides up to the third spot, as mentioned Jones and/or CC move up. Stanton is not under contract. BTW, J Bethel is the number 7th or 8th highest cap hit (ignoring DWash) in both 2017 and 2018 and I expect will be cut or redone.

We are in pretty good cap shape long term, which is why I think we will be able to work contracts for Jones, CC, Jefferson, etc if we want to.

It will be tough to do much in FA this year if we want to keep in house guys. We have a ton of FAs. In contrast, Seattles biggest name FA this year is their kicker.
    I think Baldwin is.