Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaepernick

Default Kaepernick

AZ Cards on 247 sports saying Kaepernick favored by the Cards. All I gotta say is what are you thinking ? Imagine the huge slap in the face to Tillman alone on this move....... Come On Man !

Quote Originally Posted by Red Cards View Post
    AZ Cards on 247 sports saying Kaepernick favored by the Cards. All I gotta say is what are you thinking ? Imagine the huge slap in the face to Tillman alone on this move....... Come On Man !
    He's a quality QB worth a look. Has nothing to do with Tillman.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhammer View Post
    He's a quality QB worth a look. Has nothing to do with Tillman.
    Quality QB? I think that is a stretch. He's 29, and all he is done is get worse over the last couple of years. Plus..you add in the selfish, me first, attention seeking attitude he displayed with his anthem stunts...and I would say NO WAY.

People have the right to think and say what they wish, but his sitting during the anthem was an attention grabing stunt. He doesn't have any real concern for anyone but himself...and because he sucks...he wanted the attention, but not for his terrible on field performance. If you have ANY thoughts that his "cause" actually mattered to him, just look at the fact that now he is looking for a new team/paycheck...and surprise surprise, the stunt is over.

Quote Originally Posted by adamcardsfan View Post
    Quality QB? I think that is a stretch. He's 29, and all he is done is get worse over the last couple of years. Plus..you add in the selfish, me first, attention seeking attitude he displayed with his anthem stunts...and I would say NO WAY.

People have the right to think and say what they wish, but his sitting during the anthem was an attention grabing stunt. He doesn't have any real concern for anyone but himself...and because he sucks...he wanted the attention, but not for his terrible on field performance. If you have ANY thoughts that his "cause" actually mattered to him, just look at the fact that now he is looking for a new team/paycheck...and surprise surprise, the stunt is over.

I didn't offer any comment as to what I thought mattered to him. Because as far as I am concerned he's entitled to his views just as you are here, politics or otherwise, and I don't characterize his play according to his politics and whatever they are. Meanwhile his performance as a QB is a matter of record regardless as to how you try to characterize it, and given his record......other teams will be considering him to lead their team. I'm saying I think the Cardinals should consider him as well, and that's "my" opinion.
    Last edited by Redhammer; 03-03-2017 at 11:27 PM.

Not interested. His skills don't match up with BA's offense. And his off-field agenda is an un-needed distraction for an image-consious franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by adamcardsfan View Post

To be fare to Kap the team got worse around him plus injuries to key players. Then the defection in one season. So i really don't think people are judging him right as a football player but his political views are clouding peoples judgement. People have the right to think what they want what we need to judge him on is purely football.

First like someone said it's a slap at Tillman. Then Kap has never won anything. The team around him won. They had Gore in his prime and a very good defense. Kap was no more than a game manager, and he really isn't as good as the guy they got rid of, Smith. Want no part of Kap !

That would put me at odds with liking my Red Birds. Cards need to stay away from this dunder head.
    Last edited by native az; 03-04-2017 at 07:51 AM.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

No doubt better than Stanton. If Keim and Co. feel he makes the team better, do it. Surprised he walked away from his option.

Has nothing to do with the folk lore of Tillman.
    No more Snyder.

I wouldn't touch him if he played for nothing. He wasn't any good without Harbaugh (sp); his head is everywhere but on the field and apparently is influenced by his current girlfriend's social and political views. He didn't win much fan support with his kneeling during the national anthem last year; note, he has NOW announced he will now stand because of the "strides made by the country to fix the problem". What? He now sees the writing on the wall, and is scrambling to find a team, any team, willing to take him on. He wasn't a positive leader in the locker room. At this point, I would rather Patrick Peterson as our #2 QB...at least he can get a ball into a barrel occasionally.

I can't see Bidwill, Keim or Arians even looking his way. The management has been pretty upfront about wanting stand up men (no pun intended) who are smart, physical and willing to put in the time and effort to make the team better. Kapernick only seems interested in himself.