View Poll Results: SK Should Try Him? Sign Him? Ignore Him?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Try Him?

8 21.62%
  • Sign Him?

1 2.70%
  • Ignore Him?

28 75.68%
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaepernick

Oh yeah i would like him on the team as much as i would like Romo....Not
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Red Cards View Post
    AZ Cards on 247 sports saying Kaepernick favored by the Cards. All I gotta say is what are you thinking ? Imagine the huge slap in the face to Tillman alone on this move....... Come On Man !
    What a CROCK. Please don't believe everything you hear. Kap has worn red, but he'll never be in CARDINAL red.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    What a CROCK. Please don't believe everything you hear. Kap has worn red, but he'll never be in CARDINAL red.

I don't believe he would wind up in Arizona either but when in search of a Qb sometimes strange things happen. I do believe the kid can manage a game he proved it when the niners were a good team. He showed that he needs a good team around him though. The kid needs to mature for sure and keep his political views out of the game.

Only if he gets a haircut and puts back on all the weight he lost. Going vegan and playing in the NFL doesn't match up well.

Carrot sticks and celery with hummus every night for dinner probably led to a change in his mental ability to think properly anyway.

The York owned 49ers have been a complete dumpster fire since Baalke ran Harbaugh out of town. There isn't a player on that team that showed any consistency during the Tomsula/Kelly era and I think you'd have to look at CK's body of work prior to those clowns to decide what kind of player he can be. I think he can be good again...just not in our system.

I always thought his kneeling to demonstrate against oppression was kind of a head scratcher because if anything, he was a shining example of what a talented and motivated person of color could accomplish with hard work and good decision making. Kind of hard to say you live in a country that oppresses race when the USA has more doctors, lawyers, business owners, educators, peace offers and even a president that comes from a minority background.

If the Cards are bringing Kaepernick in as a backup than its a good move. I think he would be a good backup to Palmer. As a starter this would be a horrible move. To me he's past his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by adamcardsfan View Post
    Quality QB? I think that is a stretch. He's 29, and all he is done is get worse over the last couple of years. Plus..you add in the selfish, me first, attention seeking attitude he displayed with his anthem stunts...and I would say NO WAY.

People have the right to think and say what they wish, but his sitting during the anthem was an attention grabing stunt. He doesn't have any real concern for anyone but himself...and because he sucks...he wanted the attention, but not for his terrible on field performance. If you have ANY thoughts that his "cause" actually mattered to him, just look at the fact that now he is looking for a new team/paycheck...and surprise surprise, the stunt is over.
    Funny how no one had a problem with him when he was the starter on a 49er team that went to the Superbowl and was in the NFC championship the year prior.

He has been a great QB on a team depleted of talent both in terms of players and coaches. He made the best of a horrible situation.

I would love to have him. He has a great arm, great mobility and with a supporting cast and good coaches, he will succeed.

Regarding his stance on the anthem, he was not being unpatriotic. He was using his stance to bring attention to an issue that was being overlooked and to help the little guy ( people of color who were the victims of police brutality). Personally, I don't agree with how he went about it. I would never not stand for the national anthem because it goes beyond his cause and shows deference to people who fought for this country. Plus, it's a huge distraction to your team and is unfair to your teammates. Nonetheless, he is not un-American and does not dislike this country like some suggest.

Some say he was just being selfish and wanted to bring attention to himself. I don't see it that way. I think immature is a better word to describe him. I think he has grown up and realized that stance was a distraction and hurt his team. I think he realizes there are better ways to bring attention to a cause.
    Last edited by cardinalsDO; 03-05-2017 at 12:44 AM.
    Go Cardinals!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardsfan81 View Post
    If the Cards are bringing Kaepernick in as a backup than its a good move. I think he would be a good backup to Palmer. As a starter this would be a horrible move. To me he's past his prime.
    Plus, I would love Kaepernick to learn from Palmer. I think Palmer is a great role model as a person and a quarterback. I think Palmer would help Kaepernick a lot.
    Go Cardinals!

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    Not interested. His skills don't match up with BA's offense. And his off-field agenda is an un-needed distraction for an image-consious franchise.
    I don't know why people say this. I don't think at all this is the QB but if we can get a good QB change the system and get him. The QB is hard to find not the system.
    Last edited by Bill11; 03-05-2017 at 01:25 AM.

Kap went to the super bowl because of Harbaugh and the team around him. Not because of anything he did. Want NO part of Kap. Let some other team find out he isn't the answer at QB. He isn't as good as Alex Smith. He was just the shiny new toy when they traded Smith.