View Poll Results: SK Should Try Him? Sign Him? Ignore Him?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Try Him?

    8 21.62%
  • Sign Him?

    1 2.70%
  • Ignore Him?

    28 75.68%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 160

Thread: Kaepernick

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,168

    Default

    Don't like him. Have no respect for him. I think that stunt he pulled all last year shows he has bad decision making skills. This is football, its not a place for politics, and his poor decision leads me to believe he will make poor decisions elsewhere, like on the field. So no thanks. Let someone else deal with his ** drama.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganCards View Post
    This...this is a joke right?
    I'm one of those people on here who have argued consistently about bringing Glennon in because I for one think he's going to be the next Osweiler, but I'd rather have him than Kap. Next people will be telling me we should trade for RG3

    If you're going to try and characterize something as a joke I would say it's readily dismissing a proven QB who led a team to the Superbowl to the ones you mentioned......especially a bust like RG3. To me this is the kind of thinking that would have prevented bringing in someone like Kurt Warner.
    Last edited by Redhammer; 03-05-2017 at 09:26 PM.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redhammer View Post
    If you're going to try and characterize something as a joke I would say it's readily dismissing a proven QB who led a team to the Superbowl to the ones you mentioned......especially a bust like RG3. To me this is the kind of thinking that would have prevented bringing in someone like Kurt Warner.
    Have you seen Kap play? He got benched last year for Blaine Gabbert. A guy that the Jags didn't even want. The Jags. And not the Jags today where they have potential but a god awful 1980's cardinals kind of Jags. They didn't even want the guy who Kap was benched for. And you say Kap would be fine here? My answer to your 2 points are:
    1) Kap didn't lead a team to a Super Bowl. Jim Harbaugh did. An outstanding defense did. And it would be a lot more likely that the 9ers would have won if they kept Alex smith. Thank god they didn't.
    2) Kap is no Kurt warner. If you think he is you need to get your head examined

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamcardsfan View Post
    Quality QB? I think that is a stretch. He's 29, and all he is done is get worse over the last couple of years. Plus..you add in the selfish, me first, attention seeking attitude he displayed with his anthem stunts...and I would say NO WAY.

    People have the right to think and say what they wish, but his sitting during the anthem was an attention grabing stunt. He doesn't have any real concern for anyone but himself...and because he sucks...he wanted the attention, but not for his terrible on field performance. If you have ANY thoughts that his "cause" actually mattered to him, just look at the fact that now he is looking for a new team/paycheck...and surprise surprise, the stunt is over.
    He's a good QB when he has a good defense and a RB thats how Harbuagh used him. Cardinals have a good RB and a good defense..

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,390

    Default

    Odds are that if Kap is brought in you most likely would see a "long in the tooth" Logan Thomas 2.0. Also with added problems of coming off a season from recovering from injuries. You all really want that?

    JosEPh

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    Odds are that if Kap is brought in you most likely would see a "long in the tooth" Logan Thomas 2.0. Also with added problems of coming off a season from recovering from injuries. You all really want that?

    JosEPh
    I dont want him just because he isnt a good fit in Arians system but man Harbaugh was able to take him to championship games with a powerful defense and pretty decent RB..

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganCards View Post
    Have you seen Kap play? He got benched last year for Blaine Gabbert. A guy that the Jags didn't even want. The Jags. And not the Jags today where they have potential but a god awful 1980's cardinals kind of Jags. They didn't even want the guy who Kap was benched for. And you say Kap would be fine here? My answer to your 2 points are:
    1) Kap didn't lead a team to a Super Bowl. Jim Harbaugh did. An outstanding defense did. And it would be a lot more likely that the 9ers would have won if they kept Alex smith. Thank god they didn't.
    2) Kap is no Kurt warner. If you think he is you need to get your head examined

    Kap is not the QB he was under Harbaugh.......and he's certainly not on a Hall of Famers level like Kurt. That's true but you are blowing things out of proportion in the process where my argument is concerned. Kurt Warner reached a point where he was working in a grocery store yet the Cardinals brought him in. He wasn't the QB he was at the time either and prior he bombed with the Giants who got rid of him. Meanwhile Kap did in fact play a leading role in getting the 49ers to a Superbowl and to try and argue he had nothing to do with it while quarterbacking that team is a dishonest argument to try and justify your opinion of the man. Coaches coach players play. Just as Warner capitalized on another chance whose to say at this point if kap can't also, and somebody is going to give him that shot by taking into account what he has managed to accomplish in this league which you are clearly choosing to ignore. Doesn't sound like I'm the one who needs their head examined.
    Last edited by Redhammer; 03-06-2017 at 08:43 PM.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redhammer View Post
    Kap is not the QB he was under Harbaugh.......and he's certainly not on a Hall of Famers level like Kurt. That's true but you are blowing things out of proportion in the process where my argument is concerned. Kurt Warner reached a point where he was working in a grocery store yet the Cardinals brought him in. He wasn't the QB he was at the time either and prior he bombed with the Giants who got rid of him. Meanwhile Kap did in fact play a leading role in getting the 49ers to a Superbowl and to try and argue he had nothing to do with it while quarterbacking that team is a dishonest argument to try and justify your opinion of the man. Coaches coach players play. Just as Warner capitalized on another chance whose to say at this point if kap can't also, and somebody is going to give him that shot by taking into account what he has managed to accomplish in this league which you are clearly choosing to ignore. Doesn't sound like I'm the one who needs their head examined.
    All I know is that I'd rather have Glennon over Kap, and I'd rather bring Derek Anderson back to start than have Glennon start for us.
    And the day that Kap pulls a Kurt Warner and leads a team to a super bowl I'll eat my hat. I would not be surprised to see Kap as a backup next year and faze out after by doing something stupid again like, I don't know, disrespecting America. If Kap proves me wrong fine. But I for one do NOT want to see him here.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganCards View Post
    All I know is that I'd rather have Glennon over Kap, and I'd rather bring Derek Anderson back to start than have Glennon start for us.
    And the day that Kap pulls a Kurt Warner and leads a team to a super bowl I'll eat my hat. I would not be surprised to see Kap as a backup next year and faze out after by doing something stupid again like, I don't know, disrespecting America. If Kap proves me wrong fine. But I for one do NOT want to see him here.


    It sounds like deep down your opinion is rooted in politics whereas I'm prospecting purely from a football perspective based on a combination of past performance, circumstances, and weighing possible potential that hasn't played out yet. Teams are gonna take a look at Kap for those three reasons and probably because of the 49ers deterioration as an organization more so than his. That's the team we use to fear most on this board. Meanwhile I don't see why the Cardinals shouldn't give him some thought as well while they're looking for prospective successors. Too many examples in the league of guys suddenly coming to life via a change than to have such a short sighted emotional view like yours. Otherwise I can objectively understand ones reservations about taking on Kap but based on his declining play......not his political protest. The latter has nothing to do with the ability to execute on the field.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redhammer View Post
    It sounds like deep down your opinion is rooted in politics whereas I'm prospecting purely from a football perspective based on a combination of past performance, circumstances, and weighing possible potential that hasn't played out yet. Teams are gonna take a look at Kap for those three reasons and probably because of the 49ers deterioration as an organization more so than his. That's the team we use to fear most on this board. Meanwhile I don't see why the Cardinals shouldn't give him some thought as well while they're looking for prospective successors. Too many examples in the league of guys suddenly coming to life via a change than to have such a short sighted emotional view like yours. Otherwise I can objectively understand ones reservations about taking on Kap but based on his declining play......not his political protest. The latter has nothing to do with the ability to execute on the field.
    I'm not basing everything off of politics or emotions like you say. I've seen Kap play many many times and he is not good. He's not. I'm sorry you're a Kap fan. I'm sorry because I don't know how that's even possible at this point. I'm sure some team somewhere will bring him in but I can't even name a team he'd realistically start for. Maybe the Jets but I'd like to think Bowles is smarter than that. By the way, since we're talking about "used to's" like how we used to hate the 9ers, no **** by the way. (I've been a fan since about 6 months before you started on this board)Bowles used to be our D.C. All I'm saying is I don't think Kap is any good. Think about this, last year the 9ers played the Bears and I watched it on NFL redzone and if I recall Kap had like 3 passes caught all game. And now he's gone from the worst team in the NFL, outside of Cleveland, because he's so bad they don't even want him. What he does well is run and fine he's fast. But thats about it. And being fast does not a qb make. I'm sure there will be teams to take a look at him and I'm sure he'll be signed somewhere. But I don't want him here. If it comes down to ability and Palmer retires and we have Stanton and Kap I'd pick Stanton every time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •