View Poll Results: SK Should Try Him? Sign Him? Ignore Him?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Try Him?

6 24.00%
  • Sign Him?

1 4.00%
  • Ignore Him?

18 72.00%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaepernick

This...this is a joke right?
    I'm one of those people on here who have argued consistently about bringing Glennon in because I for one think he's going to be the next Osweiler, but I'd rather have him than Kap. Next people will be telling me we should trade for RG3

Quote Originally Posted by Bill11 View Post
    I don't know why people say this. I don't think at all this is the QB but if we can get a good QB change the system and get him. The QB is hard to find not the system.
    It's easy for me to say that, B. More franchises find a QB that fits the HC's offense than franchises that build the offense around a QB. INDY & Luck may fall into the the latter group. Moreover, IMV, the situation for Kaepernick @ the 49ers is about his declining passing skills and the team needing leadership, not his personality and rump politics.

The build-the-offense-around-a-QB model looks simple--after all, what's so hard about finding a good QB compared to building the ideal 1st and 2nd team offenses, right? IMV, the QB Comes First model is clearly is the most risky. Look around the League. What happens on the day the #1 QB gets concussed, blows an MCL, busts his index finger knuckle, etc. Then what? The not-so-prime-time #2 QB steps in and, boom, he's usually pancaked or throws an INT right away. The team's season is likely in the gutter if the #2 has to play for more than a weekend. I know, there are exceptions to that sorry scenario in NFL history.

Either way, I agree that in general its hard to find and then keep upright a great QB.

Kaepernick is not right for Arians' offense. Though I'd love to have his motor. Since 2011: rush attempts per game 5.4; average yards gained per rush: 6.1.

Don't like him. Have no respect for him. I think that stunt he pulled all last year shows he has bad decision making skills. This is football, its not a place for politics, and his poor decision leads me to believe he will make poor decisions elsewhere, like on the field. So no thanks. Let someone else deal with his ** drama.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganCards View Post
    This...this is a joke right?
    I'm one of those people on here who have argued consistently about bringing Glennon in because I for one think he's going to be the next Osweiler, but I'd rather have him than Kap. Next people will be telling me we should trade for RG3

If you're going to try and characterize something as a joke I would say it's readily dismissing a proven QB who led a team to the Superbowl to the ones you mentioned......especially a bust like RG3. To me this is the kind of thinking that would have prevented bringing in someone like Kurt Warner.
    Last edited by Redhammer; 03-05-2017 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhammer View Post
    If you're going to try and characterize something as a joke I would say it's readily dismissing a proven QB who led a team to the Superbowl to the ones you mentioned......especially a bust like RG3. To me this is the kind of thinking that would have prevented bringing in someone like Kurt Warner.
    Have you seen Kap play? He got benched last year for Blaine Gabbert. A guy that the Jags didn't even want. The Jags. And not the Jags today where they have potential but a god awful 1980's cardinals kind of Jags. They didn't even want the guy who Kap was benched for. And you say Kap would be fine here? My answer to your 2 points are:
    1) Kap didn't lead a team to a Super Bowl. Jim Harbaugh did. An outstanding defense did. And it would be a lot more likely that the 9ers would have won if they kept Alex smith. Thank god they didn't.
    2) Kap is no Kurt warner. If you think he is you need to get your head examined

Quote Originally Posted by adamcardsfan View Post
    Quality QB? I think that is a stretch. He's 29, and all he is done is get worse over the last couple of years. Plus..you add in the selfish, me first, attention seeking attitude he displayed with his anthem stunts...and I would say NO WAY.

People have the right to think and say what they wish, but his sitting during the anthem was an attention grabing stunt. He doesn't have any real concern for anyone but himself...and because he sucks...he wanted the attention, but not for his terrible on field performance. If you have ANY thoughts that his "cause" actually mattered to him, just look at the fact that now he is looking for a new team/paycheck...and surprise surprise, the stunt is over.
    He's a good QB when he has a good defense and a RB thats how Harbuagh used him. Cardinals have a good RB and a good defense..

Odds are that if Kap is brought in you most likely would see a "long in the tooth" Logan Thomas 2.0. Also with added problems of coming off a season from recovering from injuries. You all really want that?

JosEPh

Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    Odds are that if Kap is brought in you most likely would see a "long in the tooth" Logan Thomas 2.0. Also with added problems of coming off a season from recovering from injuries. You all really want that?

JosEPh
    I dont want him just because he isnt a good fit in Arians system but man Harbaugh was able to take him to championship games with a powerful defense and pretty decent RB..

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganCards View Post
    Have you seen Kap play? He got benched last year for Blaine Gabbert. A guy that the Jags didn't even want. The Jags. And not the Jags today where they have potential but a god awful 1980's cardinals kind of Jags. They didn't even want the guy who Kap was benched for. And you say Kap would be fine here? My answer to your 2 points are:
    1) Kap didn't lead a team to a Super Bowl. Jim Harbaugh did. An outstanding defense did. And it would be a lot more likely that the 9ers would have won if they kept Alex smith. Thank god they didn't.
    2) Kap is no Kurt warner. If you think he is you need to get your head examined

Kap is not the QB he was under Harbaugh.......and he's certainly not on a Hall of Famers level like Kurt. That's true but you are blowing things out of proportion in the process where my argument is concerned. Kurt Warner reached a point where he was working in a grocery store yet the Cardinals brought him in. He wasn't the QB he was at the time either and prior he bombed with the Giants who got rid of him. Meanwhile Kap did in fact play a leading role in getting the 49ers to a Superbowl and to try and argue he had nothing to do with it while quarterbacking that team is a dishonest argument to try and justify your opinion of the man. Coaches coach players play. Just as Warner capitalized on another chance whose to say at this point if kap can't also, and somebody is going to give him that shot by taking into account what he has managed to accomplish in this league which you are clearly choosing to ignore. Doesn't sound like I'm the one who needs their head examined.
    Last edited by Redhammer; 03-06-2017 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhammer View Post
    Kap is not the QB he was under Harbaugh.......and he's certainly not on a Hall of Famers level like Kurt. That's true but you are blowing things out of proportion in the process where my argument is concerned. Kurt Warner reached a point where he was working in a grocery store yet the Cardinals brought him in. He wasn't the QB he was at the time either and prior he bombed with the Giants who got rid of him. Meanwhile Kap did in fact play a leading role in getting the 49ers to a Superbowl and to try and argue he had nothing to do with it while quarterbacking that team is a dishonest argument to try and justify your opinion of the man. Coaches coach players play. Just as Warner capitalized on another chance whose to say at this point if kap can't also, and somebody is going to give him that shot by taking into account what he has managed to accomplish in this league which you are clearly choosing to ignore. Doesn't sound like I'm the one who needs their head examined.
    All I know is that I'd rather have Glennon over Kap, and I'd rather bring Derek Anderson back to start than have Glennon start for us.
    And the day that Kap pulls a Kurt Warner and leads a team to a super bowl I'll eat my hat. I would not be surprised to see Kap as a backup next year and faze out after by doing something stupid again like, I don't know, disrespecting America. If Kap proves me wrong fine. But I for one do NOT want to see him here.