View Poll Results: SK Should Try Him? Sign Him? Ignore Him?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Try Him?

8 21.62%
  • Sign Him?

1 2.70%
  • Ignore Him?

28 75.68%
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaepernick

Who`s bringing up politics?,,,he is a horrid QB
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock

Quote Originally Posted by Peterson21 View Post
    Can we not bring in politics for a reason to sign or not sign someone.
    This is a sport
    Totally agree. I can bring up a reason why we should consider him as well as why we shouldn't consider him.......and both are for football reasons. Meanwhile the article makes a valid argument when you compare his stats and experience to some of the free agent QB's who have been selected.
    Last edited by Redhammer; 03-19-2017 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peterson21 View Post
    Can we not bring in politics for a reason to sign or not sign someone.
    This is a sport
    Don't know why we shouldn't. He's the one who had to bring HIS politics into the arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiac Card View Post
    Don't know why we shouldn't. He's the one who had to bring HIS politics into the arena.
    Two wrongs don't make a right. And part of the problem I had with the link I posted is that while I think the article makes a valid observation, it also should have acknowledged too that if Kap is being blackballed then he brought it in part upon himself and bears some responsibility for it. Yes he exercised his freedom but freedom has it's consequences. I wish he had expressed his concern a different way, but it nevertheless shouldn't be used to judge his play as a QB or detract from what he's accomplished. Just compare his record to some of the other QB's taken in free agency and it bears the point of the article.

No one wants to sign him because of how he conducted himself last year mostly. If he didn't start all that controversy last year the perhaps someone would of gave him a chance. But because he chose to do what he did he is at where he is at. Shouldn't blame the nfl or teams for not signing him..

Kaepernick is a controversial QB now. He can change that perception in one day if he chose to do so. He still might do that, and then he can take advantage of his 2016 stats, perhaps with the 49ers or another team. The League's trade deadline is a long way off so Kaepernick and his agent have plenty of time to ponder image and the possibilities.

BASK will pass on Kaepernick for now.

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    Who`s bringing up politics?,,,he is a horrid QB
    Actually Redhammer did with the link. And that site and writer need to be evaluated on their stance as well.

Blackballed?! Or is it rather inconsistency and injury coupled with not having the right HC to fit pieces around the declining QB in question that All teams are considering?

JosEPh

The problem with Kap is the on/off the field issues. Will he be motivated enough is my question because he has awesome talent. Plus, the distraction would be a PR nightmare with the whole Tillman thing here. Never happen in a million years as long as the Cards do what they do. Certain players can't sign here or they get removed from here.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LuisRoc View Post
    No one wants to sign him because of how he conducted himself last year mostly. If he didn't start all that controversy last year the perhaps someone would of gave him a chance. But because he chose to do what he did he is at where he is at. Shouldn't blame the nfl or teams for not signing him..

This is why I posted the link in an attempt to argue both sides of the issue. Kap put himself in a position to over shadow his accomplishments in the league by bringing politics onto the playing field. Not that he was wrong to express himself, I just think he could have been smarter about it. Jim Brown went through a worse period and saw a lot more than anything Kap has when it comes to social issues but on the field he let his game do the talking. Tom Brady didn't take his support for Trump onto the playing field as some sort of political stance. So IMO Kap very much brought the situation on himself not because of what he stood for, but because of the way he went about it. However I think it's just as wrong for the league to also further perpetuate something that has nothing to do with football. They've gone softer and been more forgiving on players who have behaved far worse than sitting during the national anthem. This guy has shown he can be a good quarterback. It's a matter of record regardless of whether somebody personally likes him or not. The question is can he build on what he's accomplished. Based on what other players have shown during a decline, I would like to see the Cardinals give him a shot and if it doesn't workout then simply cut him. He's more accomplished than anyone we have now behind Palmer and even put up better stats last season than CP despite coming off the bench on a team that has fallen apart. Heck just think what might have been if we had had someone like him instead of someone like Lindley or Thomas when we still managed to make postseason. I can't imagine at this point in Kap's career that he would be any more of a risk than someone in the draft. Now I have been wrong before, but I've been right also and my gut feeling is that somebody is gonna get a good QB cheap. I'd like to see the Cards take first crack at that.

First let me say, I would not sign him for many of the reasons already stated. Both political and physical talent. It's probably not worth the aggravation.

However, I find it puzzling that some found it OK to forgive and even sign Michael Vick. He basically tortured and even killed dogs for his own amusement.

All Kaepernick did was protest something he did not like. Maybe he could have done it in a better way, but it was just a protest. He had to know that his protest could literally cost him millions.....and it probably did. Whether you agree with him or not, you have to have at least some respect for that.

If I had to chose between the two...talent and/or morals, I would pick Kaepernick hands down.
    C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg