Thread: Jefferson and Campbell Gone?

Hybrid View

Default Jefferson and Campbell Gone?

A few years ago the Cards had both Dansby and Rolle leave in FA. I see it happening again next week. The Cards only have 22 Million in cap space. Both Campbell and Jefferson will get money whipped. I have heard there might be a surprise cut or some restucturing coming. If they can not free up any more money they will be best served to find a Free Agent. If they look at the first round in the Draft they must figure what position they will not take, For instance, if they do not like the CB's in the 1st than pick up a FA CB.

Another thing I was wondering about. I read that CIN will take a second round pick for QB AJ McCarron. I don't know if the Cards like him but I would much rather gave up a second round pick for him. If they wait to pick up a QB until the 3rd or 4th round he will be a project and potential bust.

I think the Cards are preparing fans for their departures and honestly I am okay with it.

Would like to have both, but you can't pay everyone. #90 really needs to step up big time if Calais leaves. They have been drafting preparing for this.

I think we will be fine at safety if Jefferson leaves. I am a big fan, but I just think these guys are gone.

Use this money and go sign one of the top Guards.

Unfortunately i see them both gone with the Cards not having a lot of money to spend this year. Would love to see them both stay as they both have played good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardsfan81 View Post
    Unfortunately i see them both gone with the Cards not having a lot of money to spend this year. Would love to see them both stay as they both have played good.
    We have more than enough $$$ to be active in FA and we can easily create more CAP space if needed.
    Last edited by Crazy-Canuck; 03-04-2017 at 05:48 PM.

I'd think very hard on a 2nd rounder for McCarron. He is more ready than any of these guys coming out this year. Matter of fact he might be the best one of the bunch if he was coming out this year. He is ahead of the curve because you don't have to teach him how to command a huddle and take a snap from center. He is also used to running a pro style offense. Not some gimmikey spread formation.

In 40 starts he threw 77 TD's with only 15 INT's. He also had a 66.7 completion percentage for his career. I know the TD's aren't great in 40 starts, but you have to remember he came from Bama where a lot of times he was done by half way through the 3rd quarter.

He was a 3 year starter. A captain his senior year, and won 2 national championships. he isn't afraid of the spotlight or playing in big games. He is also only 26 years old so he would be your QB for the next 8 to 10 years.

Cards could do a lot worse than this kid. He would be a better back up than Stanton the minute he walked on the field. Then next year he could take over for Palmer and the Cards wouldn't miss a beat.

Easy pass on McCarron

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    We have more than enough $$$ to be active in FA and we can easily create more CAP space if needed.
    I agree. There should be $40 million more when Fitz and Palmer's contracts are up next year. It is my understanding that this money could be used to sign our key free agents and other teams free agents, RG, IB, CB or a WR, guarenteed less money this year making up the difference the following year(s) when the money is made available still staying under the salary cap. With this in mind the Cards could draft a QB in the first round if a player they want is their when they pick. The player would sit for a year and learn under Palmer. Thoughts!

IT's not about your cap space you have NOW when it comes to signing a guy like CC. It's what happens to your cap down the road when he declines. It will happen soon and probably quick.

People actually think CC could or should sign some sort of cap friendly or home town contract. All these guys want to be PAID. Yes exceptions exist like Fitz but he already took home the brinks truck multiple times in his career.

CC is gone like I've stated many times in the past. He will get a big contract 4 plus years and will be a detriment to the teams cap a few short years from now.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.