Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Jefferson and Campbell Gone?

Like I said numerous times on here. CC will sign a 4 year deal with huge money. I even said "probably a dumb organization like the jaguars".

All this wasted energy talking about CC taking a three year deal here.

The ring never wins out over money with these guys. And I'm not saying that in a negative way. It's hard to say no to millions of dollars.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

Jags are putting together a decent defense---they added a couple of key guys including CC this FA. They'll be able to add one of the premier RB to balance their O with this draft. I wouldn't necessarily say that CC just took the money with no thought of competing for a ring. Even if he went to the worst team in the league----$60 million with $30 mil in guaranteed money is hard to say no to. CC put in his time trying to get the Cards a SB---no problems with him or TJ (or any other athlete) making a decision to secure the future by taking the large contract. I've changed jobs for a whole lot less. LOL.

With Tom Coughlin now running the show the Jags are making some great moves

Yep. They just snagged Earl Watford from us also.

Dang it. 2 years 6 mil. I wish you well Earl!
    Last edited by CardCore; 03-11-2017 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    Yep. They just snagged Earl Watford from us also.

Dang it. 2 years 6 mil. I wish you well Earl!
    Report I saw is for 2-years $8m...

One really big assumption that Card fans are making is that the Cards are on the cusp of playing/winning the SB. More likely, our window has closed on the current roster and the reason guys like CC and TJ are leaving is that they know that our opportunity has come and gone. Might as well grab the big contract since the chances of competing are just as good with the Jags/Ravens. If the Cards don't (or can't) solve the QB dilemma, we will have a team of a few decent players with no one to lead them. We saw what happened when KW retired and the Cards floundered and flopped like a hooked fish on dry land.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Report I saw is for 2-years $8m...
    PFT is quoting Ian Rapoport... who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonram View Post
    One really big assumption that Card fans are making is that the Cards are on the cusp of playing/winning the SB. More likely, our window has closed on the current roster and the reason guys like CC and TJ are leaving is that they know that our opportunity has come and gone. Might as well grab the big contract since the chances of competing are just as good with the Jags/Ravens. If the Cards don't (or can't) solve the QB dilemma, we will have a team of a few decent players with no one to lead them. We saw what happened when KW retired and the Cards floundered and flopped like a hooked fish on dry land.
    That's the thing. The Jags are trending up and Baltimore is consistent

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonram View Post
    Sounds about right.

Whether you all grasped it or not when Earl could not hold the RG position and Wertzell, Boggs, and finally Boehm played there the writing was "on the wall" as to Watford staying here.

Good back up for a game or 2 but just not enough consistency to stay put.

JosEPh
    Last edited by JosEPh_II; 03-11-2017 at 12:54 PM.