Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jefferson and Campbell Gone?

I think CC is gone. He'll be a hired gun somewhere else to close out his career but he'll always be a Cardinal. We have a ton of DL on this team someone should pick it up.
    TJ was a solid player last year he'll be a tough loss. The guy came as a nondraftee I hope for his sake a team with a ton of cap space overlays like mad for him cause he earned it
    chirp chirp!!

Quote Originally Posted by Belac44 View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall seeing anyone wanting to let him go. I love CC, he is staple and it isn't right thinking of him in another uniform, but they can't pay everyone.

I would keep CC over Tony if I had to choose. I personally would pay him as he is great for team and community. A lot of money gets freed up next year with Fitz and Palmer leaving. I just think Cards know he is moving on.
    Not this thread, but over the course of months plenty of people were willing to let him walk

Is Kent Somers the Cards beat writer or just a columnist? My experience has been that beat writers typically know what they're talking about and columnists all too often engage in click bait schenanigans. Anyway the blogs up here picked up this article from Somers today.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sport...ency/98777718/

I hope they at least resign Campbell. The division is more interesting when we're both good, Calais goes a long way to making that happen.
    You mean soccer? The sport for 4th graders that foreigners take seriously?

Ugh..

Nobody wants CC gone, but some of us who watch the cap and think beyond one season realize a huge contract at age 31 it would be a huge risk to our long term success. 31 is exactly when most DTs and DEs usually begin to decline, and the decline is most often sharp once it begins. Many of us, myself included, think CC definitely has a few good years left in him. I'd be happy with a three year contract, or a longer contract that was easier to get out of towards the end, or one built with plenty of incentive and benchmark pay. But some teams are likely to offer longer contracts, huge guarantees, etc...the type of contract that can screw you long term. Better to do the big contracts with young LTs or OLBs.

I still hope CC stays, he will be missed big time in 2017. Gunter and Nkemdiche or any FA or rookie won't replace what he does...at least not yet. We can even "overpay" if going all in for 2017. But even overpay has limits, and money not spent on CC can be spent where we are truly needy like RG or CB2, or to keep many of our other in house FAs.

Jefferson they are now talking about getting $7-10 million. Love him, but not worth it, especially if we keep Swearinger reasonably. Spend that money where we need money spent.

Good luck to both guys if they find someone to throw life changing contracts their way.

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    TJM = 6'2" and 220lb. The guy can run and hit with power -- when healthy. He's missed a few games in 2015-16.

TJM is under contract thru 2017. He'll test the market and his agent will probably ask for a new Rams deal comparable to other 4-5 year Safeties, e.g., $50+M w/ $10-12M guaranteed cash on the table, or he walks.

I predict that TJM will get paid by the Rams. That team can't lose anymore of its better defenders.
    http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2017/3/...in-free-agency

Looks like he's likely to leave the rams

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    We have more than enough $$$ to be active in FA and we can easily create more CAP space if needed.
    I agree. There should be $40 million more when Fitz and Palmer's contracts are up next year. It is my understanding that this money could be used to sign our key free agents and other teams free agents, RG, IB, CB or a WR, guarenteed less money this year making up the difference the following year(s) when the money is made available still staying under the salary cap. With this in mind the Cards could draft a QB in the first round if a player they want is their when they pick. The player would sit for a year and learn under Palmer. Thoughts!

IT's not about your cap space you have NOW when it comes to signing a guy like CC. It's what happens to your cap down the road when he declines. It will happen soon and probably quick.

People actually think CC could or should sign some sort of cap friendly or home town contract. All these guys want to be PAID. Yes exceptions exist like Fitz but he already took home the brinks truck multiple times in his career.

CC is gone like I've stated many times in the past. He will get a big contract 4 plus years and will be a detriment to the teams cap a few short years from now.
    season ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    IT's not about your cap space you have NOW when it comes to signing a guy like CC. It's what happens to your cap down the road when he declines. It will happen soon and probably quick.

People actually think CC could or should sign some sort of cap friendly or home town contract. All these guys want to be PAID. Yes exceptions exist like Fitz but he already took home the brinks truck multiple times in his career.

CC is gone like I've stated many times in the past. He will get a big contract 4 plus years and will be a detriment to the teams cap a few short years from now.
    The money could be used to sign other key free agents. If CC leaves to another team, so be it. It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Oregonredbird View Post
    The money could be used to sign other key free agents. If CC leaves to another team, so be it. It is what it is.
    It sucks is what it is ...LOL