Thread: Chargers clean house, drop CB Brandon Flowers and G/RT DJ Fluker

Default Chargers clean house, drop CB Brandon Flowers and G/RT DJ Fluker

Hey, aren't some of us saying we need a young RG and a CB2?

Flowers I've liked in the past but last year he had concussion issues. That scares me in the modern NFL. Flukes was a first round draft pick a few years ago that many of us liked, and can play guard or right tackle. A RG grooming to take over for Veldheer, perhaps? If no money is spent on CC or Jefferson the money may be there for these two. At the very least, it adds to the options available and helps with negotiation in two FA positions we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Hey, aren't some of us saying we need a young RG and a CB2?

Flowers I've liked in the past but last year he had concussion issues. That scares me in the modern NFL. Flukes was a first round draft pick a few years ago that many of us liked, and can play guard or right tackle. A RG grooming to take over for Veldheer, perhaps? If no money is spent on CC or Jefferson the money may be there for these two. At the very least, it adds to the options available and helps with negotiation in two FA positions we need.
    Id take them both.
    Or mangold, revis,

Fluker probably going to Seattle

I wouldn't mind the Cards taking a shot at Fluker. Problem is he is another road grader like Iupiti. Just ok in pass blocking. Now if they really want to become a power running team I could see it working. Stick Boehm at center and you would have gaping holes up the middle for DJ. Have to go with a short quick passing game though. Couldn't have all those long developing pass plays. Palmer would get killed. But DJ might run for 1500 yards behind those guys. Could really shorten the games and keep the D off the field and fresher into the 2nd half of games.