Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is Keim going after in (Cheaper) Round Two of FA?

Default Who is Keim going after in (Cheaper) Round Two of FA?

The big splashes are getting gobbled up and overpaid. As usual, Keim is patiently waiting it all out. Some guys are falling through the cracks.

Guys I have my eyes on for "Keim specials":

CB Morris Claiborne (just stock up on LSU secondary guys, why not?)
    LB DeAndre Levy (cut as cap casualty so would not count in comp pick equation. Injury concern but if healthy he's very, very good.)
    Swing Tackle Kelvin Beachum (struggled in '16 recovering from '15 ACL, but only 28. Played RT his rookie year, Swing Tackle in Year 2, then LT since.)
    WR/Returner Cordarrelle Patterson. (Anything you get out of him as a WR3 would be a bonus. But he's a great return guy. Instant Special Teams talent injection)

Who do you guys want to see brought in?

I've mentioned Claiborne but also like Akumura as a CB2. Both had/have CB1 potential and could excel against lesser WRs.

I've also mentioned Patterson at WR/returner. As a more traditional WR weapon maybe Garçon.

The Olinemen I liked are basically gone but I've read rumors of Mangold as a guard option?? I'd still like a run at him and let him, Shipley and Boehm (and others) fight over starting C and RG and let the chips fall where they may. Packers G TJ Lang is still available.

How about Blount as a mean, hammer up the middle type RB counterpoint to David Johnson's smiling, humble, flexible game? Would take wear and tear off DJ in short yardage and goal line appearances, bring aggression. I've been calling for a true short yardage RB for years. AP and Charles are still out there dealing with the reality of being old RBs as well.

Still thinking on Minter.

One of QBOF, one of the top two safeties, Foster or a top ILB, or a Dlineman to replace Calais seem to be where we will go in the first round or two. CBs and WRs should be available later.

Pierre is a 9er now.

Claiborne would also be one of my first options. We probably need to sign a vet dline for the rotation. And a gourd at some point. Boldin might be a fun option

Warner tweets about his ability to still play. I wonder what Dockett is up to these days?

/sarc off

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Warner tweets about his ability to still play. I wonder what Dockett is up to these days?

/sarc off
    What would we do with those youngsters ...think older,,,Montana/rice maybe?
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    The big splashes are getting gobbled up and overpaid. As usual, Keim is patiently waiting it all out. Some guys are falling through the cracks.

Guys I have my eyes on for "Keim specials":

CB Morris Claiborne (just stock up on LSU secondary guys, why not?)
    LB DeAndre Levy (cut as cap casualty so would not count in comp pick equation. Injury concern but if healthy he's very, very good.)
    Swing Tackle Kelvin Beachum (struggled in '16 recovering from '15 ACL, but only 28. Played RT his rookie year, Swing Tackle in Year 2, then LT since.)
    WR/Returner Cordarrelle Patterson. (Anything you get out of him as a WR3 would be a bonus. But he's a great return guy. Instant Special Teams talent injection)

Who do you guys want to see brought in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    I've mentioned Claiborne but also like Akumura as a CB2. Both had/have CB1 potential and could excel against lesser WRs.

I've also mentioned Patterson at WR/returner. As a more traditional WR weapon maybe Garçon.

The Olinemen I liked are basically gone but I've read rumors of Mangold as a guard option?? I'd still like a run at him and let him, Shipley and Boehm (and others) fight over starting C and RG and let the chips fall where they may. Packers G TJ Lang is still available.

How about Blount as a mean, hammer up the middle type RB counterpoint to David Johnson's smiling, humble, flexible game? Would take wear and tear off DJ in short yardage and goal line appearances, bring aggression. I've been calling for a true short yardage RB for years. AP and Charles are still out there dealing with the reality of being old RBs as well.

Still thinking on Minter.

One of QBOF, one of the top two safeties, Foster or a top ILB, or a Dlineman to replace Calais seem to be where we will go in the first round or two. CBs and WRs should be available later.
    We all seem to be of a mind with Patterson, the only WR target I am interested this Free agency.

Claiborne is the kind of player I would like to see the Cards go after, but fear the pursuit of Cooper, will mean missing out on him as they missed out on Prince A., although the Prince A. contract should bode well for the numbers in a potential Cooper deal. Lotta good corners in a very deep draft though. Last year really raised Mo's price tag at least in his mind.

Cannot say I know much about Beachum however there is certainly room in the oline room for a multiple position player.

Would have loved Levy or Hightower as a splash signing but there are several intriguing ILB prospects in the first couple rounds of the draft.

As far as further targets I hope they pursue, I actually hope we take a step back. Sign either a corner ( Cooper or Mo Claiborne ) or Patterson to a 3 year deal. Then wait a bit. Players will soon start looking for the 1 year deals.

Dream scenario use a portion of the remaining available money ( gotta save some for the Rooks) on Patterson then sign Revis to a Cromartie type deal, when he starts to get frustrated. Revis doesnt need the money, and 1 cheap year here could lead to a big payday a la Cromartie. He saw it work for Cro first hand so...
    Last edited by CARdizzles; 03-10-2017 at 05:34 PM.

Patterson is the only FA WR I want, and I'd love him as a returner. However, in my dark moments, Satan keeps whispering to me about giving Josh Gordon a one year redemption shot, with mentoring from Fitz as role model and Honey Badger as guy who's "been there" and succeeded with a second chance. Imagine Gordon, Fitz, Brown/Brown, Nelson, DJ and Gresham as weapons for Palmer.

Then get DJ an old backup RB who still has a year in him and wants a ring. Charles or CJ back again.

Then protect Palmer so he can use all those weapons. The guards I wanted are gone but Lang is still available, Mangold could upgrade center as another old dependable seeking a ring (and could he play RG?). Also, Carolina's Norwell is still a RFA.

I think we are out of money by now, so I won't get to the defense. Draft for that...ILB, CB, S, DL.

Hoping for Claiborne . I've wanted him a couple of years now. Just got a gut feeling he'd do well here. Wouldn't mind Flowers either. Since my favorite player is gone to Jacksonville maybe look into big man Hankins of the Giants .

Cordarrelle Patterson is the WR I want .. 6'2 220 and is still only 25 years old. He's stupid fast and a TD waiting to happen