Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Swearinger to redskins

Looks like the rats are deserting a sinking ship. We lost our best D lineman, and both our starting safties. Now they want to bring Dansby back.
    Roster is sure getting older. Not better.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    Looks like the rats are deserting a sinking ship. We lost our best D lineman, and both our starting safties. Now they want to bring Dansby back.
    Evidently, you are one of the rats.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    Keim is bringing in old proven vets with football IQ, passion for the game, ability to mentor younger players and little risk to the long term cap situation for a final run at a playoff and Super Bowl opportunity. And then next year we will have all sorts of options with cap space and comp picks...important things to have with uncertainty about who our QB and possibly even coach will be.

Not what I was expecting, but I'm seeing the strategyand it makes sense IF these old guys have a year's worth of tread left. We shall see.

Gambo - 3
    WVSKINSFAN - 0

Gambo called it correct on CC, DJ, and TJ. That 7.5 on TJ would have been better money spent than the 6 on Gresham. I see how the Patriots made a smooth move on Dwayne Allen (better player than Gresham)

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    Gambo - 3
    WVSKINSFAN - 0

Gambo called it correct on CC, DJ, and TJ. That 7.5 on TJ would have been better money spent than the 6 on Gresham. I see how the Patriots made a smooth move on Dwayne Allen (better player than Gresham)
    Um. What?

I assume you mean me, although not sure why you are so butt hurt that everyone knows you are a Dallas fan. Just own it.

But, what do you mean 3-0? Makes no sense.

I made no "call" on what would happen. I only gave my opinion on what those players were worth.

I would say if anything, I am 3-0, because the only guy who matters (Keim) apparently agreed with me.

To recap:

I felt Jefferson wasn't worth more than $5M per year. Right after that we heard "reports" saying that the market for Jefferson could be at $7M, followed by reports that Arizona and Jefferson were just "a couple million apart." Looks like I nailed that one in regards to value judgment. 1-0

I felt Bennett's deal was an accurate comp for 30-year-old Campbell. A week later, it was reported that Keim was offering 3yr/$33.5M (almost identical to the Bennett deal.) 2-0

I felt like Swearinger would be a fine Plan B should some other team money whip Jefferson, but that I wouldn't go higher than $3-$4M. Washington offered a whopping $6M, and Keim (rightfully) passed on overpaying. 3-0

I for one really hate seeing him go. He seemed to improve with every game he played. I grant you, we have many needs and only so much money. Was his price too expensive....I'll let others debate that.

I just hope this is not deja vu.

Back in the day, we let a young DB Pat Fischer go to the Redskins and he became a star.

I hope letting Swearinger go to the Redskins isn't a repeat.

Only time will tell....
    C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by thomas cat View Post
    I for one really hate seeing him go. He seemed to improve with every game he played. I grant you, we have many needs and only so much money. Was his price too expensive....I'll let others debate that.

I just hope this is not deja vu.

Back in the day, we let a young DB Pat Fischer go to the Redskins and he became a star.

I hope letting Swearinger go to the Redskins isn't a repeat.

Only time will tell....
    Pat Fischer was an OG HB. You must be one old dude to remember PF. I think Pat Fischer was a great player even before he went to Washington---he got his publicity by being a key on George Allen's 'Over-the-Hill Gang' when Washington was competitive.

I thought Swear finally got his act together---after being labeled a knucklehead on his previous teams. Finally applied himself to learning the game and the playbook. Best of luck to him and thanks for playing hard for the Cards.

Default Honestly

Hate to hear this.
    Swearinger (Jungle Boi) brought an intensity and edge to a defense that needed it.
    Will miss his presence.

I like DJ a lot but let's not forget he was basically done in the NFL when we brought him on. There wil be more opportunities down the road to find other guys who suck for other teams that can shine here for cheap. Redskins paid him more then I would have wanted us to pay him. Especially with the Roster reset we have coming next year.
    I don't care how you do it, JUST WIN!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Main Event~ View Post
    Calais is the only big loss on that list, let's not start overrating guys because they're gone now. Half this board hated Minter and Cat especially. Despite the age we got better at kicker and MLB today and I don't think anyone is worried about Safety when Ty is back
    I mean Ty isn't good & is injury prone.