Thread: Brock Osweiler gets traded to Browns...will be cut

Default Brock Osweiler gets traded to Browns...will be cut

So Cleveland took Osweiler's contract and got a 2nd round pick out of it. They are going to cut him.

He was absolutley horrible last year in Houston. He should have never been paid that much money, but the past is the past.

I know people are going to vomit in their mouths.....BUT....if he gets cut, and he is available for next to nothing....do we kick the tires? He is 26. He would be coming home to AZ....and he would get to sit for an entire year learning BA's system before he would even be considered to start.

IF....and its a big IF since he has already been paid....IF he has a chip on his shoulder and wants to rebuild his career, I can't think of a much better situation.

No never liked him. Never should have been drafted in the 2nd round.

The good thing about Osweiler is he's so inaccurate when he faces teams with good CB's who are in the area of the WR there's little danger of an INT.

No, please.

He sucks. No

Brilliant move by the Browns to get that 2nd round pick, for money they need to spend, otherwise hand it to the other 31 owners.
    Credit where its due, not something directed at Cleveland in this millennium. Maybe Hue is beginning to turn that franchise towards the sun?
    Keep Washington get rid of Keim and Arians

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
    Brilliant move by the Browns to get that 2nd round pick, for money they need to spend, otherwise hand it to the other 31 owners.
    Credit where its due, not something directed at Cleveland in this millennium. Maybe Hue is beginning to turn that franchise towards the sun?
    I hate to say this but the Browns may be scary good in a few years. The amount of picks they've stockpiled makes them the leading candidate to land Darnold in 2019, even if they aren't the worst team in football next year. I'm not sure if the 'salary dump' trade is exactly legal, but it's a great move.

If we keep acquiring aging vets in FA for a one and one season, I hope Keim does a lot of trading back this year. We will have a ton of holes to fill next year.
    Last edited by rwatson1; 03-10-2017 at 02:11 AM.