Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ty Branch reportedly takes 50% pay cut

Default Ty Branch reportedly takes 50% pay cut

ROTB reporting Branch has agreed to reduce his pay for 2017 from $4 million to $2 million in order to stay with the team. Gives us $2 million more cap space. I had pegged him as a possible cut along with Bethel due to production vs cap savings w/o much dead money, but after losing Jefferson figured we would just bite the bullet. This helps. Maybe Bethel will do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    ROTB reporting Branch has agreed to reduce his pay for 2017 from $4 million to $2 million in order to stay with the team. Gives us $2 million more cap space. I had pegged him as a possible cut along with Bethel due to production vs cap savings w/o much dead money, but after losing Jefferson figured we would just bite the bullet. This helps. Maybe Bethel will do the same?
    Would have been nice for him to let us know a day or two ago. Oh well, better late than never. Maybe this gives us enough to grab a decent CB2. Bears just added Prince so there goes one possibility.
    Last edited by rwatson1; 03-10-2017 at 10:44 AM.

If only Fitz and Palmer would be willing to do the same as some of the little guys. (Gresham gave up more to be with us in the past)

That's funny I was thinking Fitz and palmer should take 5 mil pay cut each!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    If only Fitz and Palmer would be willing to do the same as some of the little guys. (Gresham gave up more to be with us in the past)
    Sometimes guys sign for a home team discount, if they like their situation and where they live. A lot of time a wife or kids have something to do with that. But you don't see guys take less money when under contract unless they realistically think they will be cut otherwise, and unable to do better on the free market. Fitz has done plenty of readjustment to contracts to help the team with cap, but never lost a dollar financially in doing so.

Not a hometown discount. Wolf explained it as take a cut or we are cutting you. Standard business in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    Not a hometown discount. Wolf explained it as take a cut or we are cutting you. Standard business in the NFL
    Agreed. Branch has a lot to prove this year. The injuries set him back and jeopardized his time here.

JosEPh

Smile yeah

Quote Originally Posted by bigcardsfan View Post
    That's funny I was thinking Fitz and palmer should take 5 mil pay cut each!!!!
    and Peterson and Honey Badger milions for what? I like those guys, actually I love those guys, but I mean really how much money do you need??
    Do you really need a huge mansion and bunch of ferarri's? sorry I don't know what he/they spends his/their money on..
    I'm just saying it would be cool for everyone to come together and work it out for the betterment of all and let's create the best team ever!
    Yeah I'm a dreamer)

Quote Originally Posted by Skipper1111 View Post
    and Peterson and Honey Badger milions for what? I like those guys, actually I love those guys, but I mean really how much money do you need??
    Do you really need a huge mansion and bunch of ferarri's? sorry I don't know what he/they spends his/their money on..
    I'm just saying it would be cool for everyone to come together and work it out for the betterment of all and let's create the best team ever!
    Yeah I'm a dreamer)
    Bernie Sanders welcome to the board!

Ian Whetstone‏
    @IanWhetstone
    Looks like Arizona CB Justin Bethel took a straight reduction in pay from $4.5M to $2M this year, and had his 2018 contract year deleted