Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ty Branch reportedly takes 50% pay cut

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Hightower is staying with the Pats, and I don't think Claiborne would be that expensive though is reportedly likely going to Baltimore. They let Cooper go and looked to be serious about letting Bethel go unless he agreed to a pay cut. Those were the top two CB2 possibilities already with the team, and we all know we still needed a CB2 upgrade anyway. I doubt they think we are now good with only Bethel and Williams as CB2, or BA comfortable with an unknown rookie CB.

There is another thread about DRC, who overthecap targeted as a top CB most likely to be cut for cap reasons. A more recent Giants writer listed trading or cutting DRC as a way to free some cap room, as they are currently using him in the slot, have other options (drafted Eli Apple), only have him under contract until next year, and owe him $8.5 million each year. Now, with the signing of Fluker, the Giants have the least cap room of any team, and some holes to work on. They are another team that's close and trying to do all they can this year.

Possible we trade a late pick and take on an $8.5 million contract for a CB2? I don't think so. But maybe for a 30 yr old CB with a lot of talent who supposedly would like to come back to the team that drafted him, they could work a trade with DRC agreeing to a new contract that is more reasonable, instead of being traded to anyone or cut.

Any other CB trades anyone can see happening? Right guard? Anything else? QBOF??

It's hard to get a handle on our current cap situation, but my scribbles estimate $15-17 million available. We haven't done any huge cap hit FA deals except Jones...but even that one was structured to shift cap hits to later years...why, if there wasn't a plan for the cap money this year? There's enough there it seems to go after someone big, and there isn't much big left in the remaining pool of FAs.
    3rd or 4th rd pick for Sheldon Richardson who is FA in 2018 when Cards have plenty of cap room -- http://nypost.com/2017/02/28/what-je...n-richardson/; $8M against the cap in 2017 -- connection to make deal with Bowles ?? 2 yrs ago this guy was unbelievable but 2016 was very underwhelming -- does he need new scenery ?

NOTE: I am just trying to connect dots as I just feel like something is up -- I have no contacts with team and so the above is 100% speculation but it feels like a trade is coming. After all this is a sports forum and it is fun to sometimes speculate --- as I did that M. Floyd's alcohol issue might be a problem 7 weeks PRIOR to his DUI.

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    3rd or 4th rd pick for Sheldon Richardson who is FA in 2018 when Cards have plenty of cap room -- http://nypost.com/2017/02/28/what-je...n-richardson/; $8M against the cap in 2017 -- connection to make deal with Bowles ?? 2 yrs ago this guy was unbelievable but 2016 was very underwhelming -- does he need new scenery ?

NOTE: I am just trying to connect dots as I just feel like something is up -- I have no contacts with team and so the above is 100% speculation but it feels like a trade is coming. After all this is a sports forum and it is fun to sometimes speculate --- as I did that M. Floyd's alcohol issue might be a problem 7 weeks PRIOR to his DUI.
    Yep we are all just speculating and yep it's fun and the right place for it.

Revis was just cleared of all charges in his legal thing...

As for Richardson...he came out great but last two years has regressed, been suspended for weed 4 games, then was busted racing a car 140 miles an hour with 2 guys and a 12 year old all smelling of weed in his car, and this last season disciplined for stupid social media. Not sure if that's what we're looking for, no matter the talent.
    Last edited by Dry Heat; 03-15-2017 at 02:05 PM.