Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Watford, Catanzaro and Fells moving on......

Default Watford, Catanzaro and Fells moving on......

Watford going to the Jags
    Fells going to the Lions
    Catanzaro going to the Jets

Sorry to see two of them go and one of them stayed around too long.

Head scratcher of a FA session for us so far.

We don't have a lot of money to spend this year. None of those guys were critical. We will sign another oline soon. I hear we have interest in fluker.

We won't miss either of them

Earl was serviceable

Cat man I wish had left a long time ago...hated him

Fells- who cares
    Owner

Watford never took that next step. Doubt he would have ever been anything but a swiss army knife. Decent back up for a game or two but never a starter. Think Wetzel will turn out to be better than him.

Fells just got to late a start in football. Should have got into it when he got out of college instead of going to Europe to play basketball. Kid had the measurable and some talent, but he was just to far behind. Maybe never a star TE but he could have been more than serviceable.

Cat man....kickers are a dime a dozen.

Quote Originally Posted by boomer719 View Post
    Watford going to the Jags
    Fells going to the Lions
    Catanzaro going to the Jets

Sorry to see two of them go and one of them stayed around too long.

Head scratcher of a FA session for us so far.
    I think the Master Plan was for the Cards to win the SB in 2015 (or 2016) and then the big money contracts dedicated to Palmer and Fitz would have come off the books as both retired (or moved on in the case of Fitz). In that scenario, SK would have been able to juggle the roster and pursue some of the FA we lost---probably would have kept TJ and maybe even CC. Instead, both CP and Fitz are coming back and their two contracts (plus PP and HB) ate up way too much of our cap so we lose a bunch familiar faces. With a SB title to his credit, I think BA would have retired as well. Then SK could bring in a different coach and find a fit at QB for the new HC/game plan.

Have to think that SK had a new coach and one of the QBs floating around to match the new HC and now signed as a target for this off-season had the Master Plan worked. Now, a couple of the vet QBs who might have been available are on other teams.

Even with our remaining talent, I think we can compete within our division. Seattle is showing signs of decline while the Rams and 49ers are still in rebuild mode. With some luck and good health, we can make the playoffs. . . and hope the old dudes rise to the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    Watford never took that next step. Doubt he would have ever been anything but a swiss army knife. Decent back up for a game or two but never a starter. Think Wetzel will turn out to be better than him.

Fells just got to late a start in football. Should have got into it when he got out of college instead of going to Europe to play basketball. Kid had the measurable and some talent, but he was just to far behind. Maybe never a star TE but he could have been more than serviceable.

Cat man....kickers are a dime a dozen.
    Yeah I think the staff are happy with Ulrich John, Wetzel and toner as the backups. I'm I think we will sign a vet right gaurd and draft an olineman.

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonram View Post
    I think the Master Plan was for the Cards to win the SB in 2015 (or 2016) and then the big money contracts dedicated to Palmer and Fitz would have come off the books as both retired (or moved on in the case of Fitz). In that scenario, SK would have been able to juggle the roster and pursue some of the FA we lost---probably would have kept TJ and maybe even CC. Instead, both CP and Fitz are coming back and their two contracts (plus PP and HB) ate up way too much of our cap so we lose a bunch familiar faces. With a SB title to his credit, I think BA would have retired as well. Then SK could bring in a different coach and find a fit at QB for the new HC/game plan.

Have to think that SK had a new coach and one of the QBs floating around to match the new HC and now signed as a target for this off-season had the Master Plan worked. Now, a couple of the vet QBs who might have been available are on other teams.

Even with our remaining talent, I think we can compete within our division. Seattle is showing signs of decline while the Rams and 49ers are still in rebuild mode. With some luck and good health, we can make the playoffs. . . and hope the old dudes rise to the challenge.
    I think the Keim Master Plan is to have a Long Term Plan to remain consistently competitive, focusing big money at critical positions such as QB, LT and OLB and on player group leaders like PP21 and Honey Badger. The rest of the players are replaceable. The draft is used to plan ahead and draft for the future...see Humphries and Nkemdiche. Then, in the short term, the holes are addressed in the consistently competitive team with short term contract veterans. That is what we've witnessed 3 years in a row now since the total overhaul of the roster when BASK came in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    I think the Keim Master Plan is to have a Long Term Plan to remain consistently competitive, focusing big money at critical positions such as QB, LT and OLB and on player group leaders like PP21 and Honey Badger. The rest of the players are replaceable. The draft is used to plan ahead and draft for the future...see Humphries and Nkemdiche. Then, in the short term, the holes are addressed in the consistently competitive team with short term contract veterans. That is what we've witnessed 3 years in a row now since the total overhaul of the roster when BASK came in.
    Stop being so logical.

There is no room for a reasonable post on this board during FA.

In before someone crying about cooper going to Chicago