Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marcus Cooper to the Bears

Default Marcus Cooper to the Bears

Now we definitely need something done at CB2, with Bethel our guy and B Williams the backup. Claiborne and a draft pick?

We continue to be on the right side of the comp pick scale I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Now we definitely need something done at CB2, with Bethel our guy and B Williams the backup. Claiborne and a draft pick?

We continue to be on the right side of the comp pick scale I guess.
    Clairborne or 1 yr deals to Brandon Flowers or Darius Butler ????? .... Sidney Jones with a torn achilles. The pool of available above average CB's on the planet are decreasing by the minute. Did the length of negotiations to free up cap space with CJ create delays in talking $$'s with some of these free agents ??

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    Clairborne or 1 yr deals to Brandon Flowers or Darius Butler ????? .... Sidney Jones with a torn achilles. The pool of available above average CB's on the planet are decreasing by the minute. Did the length of negotiations to free up cap space with CJ create delays in talking $$'s with some of these free agents ??
    No. It's more of players chasing money (which there's nothing wrong with) and getting contracts the Cardinals can't or didn't want to match. Cooper is not a huge loss and my guess is the Cardinals would have taken him back, but he wasn't a priority. Getting Claiborne would more than make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    Flowers on a 1 or 2 year deal makes a lot of sense to me. He is a quality #2

Brandon Carr

Nobody is saying Brandon Williams LOL..

Perhaps the worst selection I have ever seen.

I have never seen a guy get torched as much in the preseason and regular season as Brandon.

You would almost think he was a running back in college.
    season ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    Nobody is saying Brandon Williams LOL..

Perhaps the worst selection I have ever seen.

I have never seen a guy get torched as much in the preseason and regular season as Brandon.

You would almost think he was a running back in college.
    LOL

He is the worst selection I have ever seen. We still don't have a #2 corner. I don't know what SK is thinking.
    Last edited by cardinalsDO; 03-15-2017 at 02:46 AM.
    Go Cardinals!

Quote Originally Posted by Nando View Post
    Brandon Carr
    That's my pick too.

Id be happy with Carr. But also would still like to draft a CB early.

Ive no confidence in Bethel or BWilliams. We need to add good depth in case a starter goes down. PP + Carr. Future #2CB can sit and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Id be happy with Carr. But also would still like to draft a CB early.

Ive no confidence in Bethel or BWilliams. We need to add good depth in case a starter goes down. PP + Carr. Future #2CB can sit and learn.
    Bethel is going to play slot CB in shells where Mathieu is at FS.... so I would imagine an outside CB is someone Keim will certainly target in the remainder if FA or the draft.

My personal favorite continues to be Morris Claiborne, who is ONLY an outside CB, but flashed last year in the games he played.