Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is RGIII an upgrade over Stanton?

Default Is RGIII an upgrade over Stanton?

I know he has looked mediocre since his rookie season, but I just don't see Stanton as our post CP guy. Not sure that RGIII is either, but would it make sense to sign him as the back-up and at least take a look? Seems like he could be an upgrade, but if not we can cut him as easily as Stanton will be cut, eventually.

While it is not a terrible idea to look at him I just don't know if he can ever be that guy he used to be. His confidence is shot and so is his knee. Probably worth bringing him in as a camp body but would have to be on a real cheap deal.
    Big thanks to DUSK884 for the sweet avatars!

When it comes to character RGIII is head and shoulders above other FA QBs. I think the League's GMs know enough about RGIII's physical skills now to decide if he can contribute F/T on the field again. I just don't see RGIII as a starter. But sure, bring him in for a #2 tryout. No risk.

Keep RG3 away from this team. Any moves we do at the quarterback position need to be serious. We are at the mercy of a nearly 40 year old mans busted knee. Stanton is so mind numbingly mediocre and has looked like absolute garbage the last few times he took the field. I thought we would've picked up Glennon but I was wrong. We are desperate for an answer but rg3 is definitely not it. Not even a back up.
    In the league of the TRUE die hard Arizona Cardinals fans!

RG is a huge talent and ego who has had both destroyed. Sit him on the bench and let him heal up and I think he could be a monster with Arians. Plunket took the same professional path and ended up winning 2 rings.

I don't see why not. Sit him, draft a QB if we can this year and see what happens.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

RGIII is one season away from the CFL. (!MO).

(Vince Young just signed with the Sask. Roughriders)
    Last edited by Crazy-Canuck; 03-12-2017 at 08:59 AM.

As risky as it sounds, the Cards have a starting qb who might play for a couple more seasons. I would use a comp pick on qb like Joshua Dobbs out of Tennessee. He could sit and learn for a year or two and you wouldn't have to reach for a Deshaun Watson. Also, another crazy idea for the future backup qb. Could Case Keenum do something in this offense? He showed flashes but would have a much better group of offensive skill guys and awesome coaches.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogsCards View Post
    As risky as it sounds, the Cards have a starting qb who might play for a couple more seasons. I would use a comp pick on qb like Joshua Dobbs out of Tennessee. He could sit and learn for a year or two and you wouldn't have to reach for a Deshaun Watson. Also, another crazy idea for the future backup qb. Could Case Keenum do something in this offense? He showed flashes but would have a much better group of offensive skill guys and awesome coaches.
    Case Keenum has one of the weakest arm in the nfl. Would be a horrible fit in BA vertical offense.

Let's be clear.

As long as CP is the starting QB, Stanton will remain his primary backup. BA is comfortable with him... end of story.

Additionally, he's the ideal mentor for any QBOF. (imo).