Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is RGIII an upgrade over Stanton?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Let's be clear.

As long as CP is the starting QB, Stanton will remain his primary backup. BA is comfortable with him... end of story.

Additionally, he's the ideal mentor for any QBOF. (imo).
    Stanton has a live arm, a little too live. The safeties just wait back for his overthrows to the middle of the field and pick him off. If he calmed down a bit, he might be more fluid and complete more passes.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

This is worse than my Mark Sanchez qbof thread. RG3? Um yeah. Let's pretend that he's so bad Cleveland doesn't want him

Quote Originally Posted by azkeith View Post
    I know he has looked mediocre since his rookie season, but I just don't see Stanton as our post CP guy. Not sure that RGIII is either, but would it make sense to sign him as the back-up and at least take a look? Seems like he could be an upgrade, but if not we can cut him as easily as Stanton will be cut, eventually.
    Stanton isn't the post CP guy. He's the backup who can step in if CP gets hurt and manage a game. He's ideal for the role he has.

Quote Originally Posted by mverile View Post
    Stanton isn't the post CP guy. He's the backup who can step in if CP gets hurt and manage a game. He's ideal for the role he has.
    Agreed. He's also in position to mentor Dysert and any other QB we might get this offseason. Lot's of posters on this board can't see this. So they bash him.

JosEPh

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogsCards View Post
    As risky as it sounds, the Cards have a starting qb who might play for a couple more seasons. I would use a comp pick on qb like Joshua Dobbs out of Tennessee. He could sit and learn for a year or two and you wouldn't have to reach for a Deshaun Watson. Also, another crazy idea for the future backup qb. Could Case Keenum do something in this offense? He showed flashes but would have a much better group of offensive skill guys and awesome coaches.
    Thats why this team is in the shape with the mentality that we dont need to spend a 1 2 3 pick on a qb. Get any qb in the late rounds who are likely 2nd string career qbs. Dobbs is not a starter
    "It's OUR Time"

NO NO NO.

The guy is done physically and mentally.
    season ticket holder

I rather have Colin Kaepernick than RGIII

I can't imagine Arians ever considering RGIII over Stanton given the confidence he has expressed in Drew more times than I can remember. And if the Cards do bring in a veteran QB then my guess is that it would be someone they would consider a potential starter rather than a potential back up.......in which case you'd be talking someone like a Kap, Osweiller, Cousins, Glennon, etc. . Someone whose put up decent numbers worth the chance. I can't see RGIII but as I've argued before, some players have done the unexpected in comebacks.

Sillysoft your right but it makes me shudder to think about having either of those two guys. Neither are any good. I guess the best of the two would be Kap tough. Better yet I don't want either one.....lol

Theres very few who wouldnt be an upgrade Stanton