Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 58 of 58

Thread: Is RGIII an upgrade over Stanton?

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    You could say the same about Kurt Warner on the Jets if going by that stupid "what X player did on another team" logic.

    It doesnt matter what somebody does somewhere else. What matters is what they do here. And Phil Sims was a stud for us and outright won the backup job. Matt Barkley also outplayed Stanton last year.
    Kurt on the Jets?

    Bring in RG3 if he will sign cheap.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal, QC - Canada
    Posts
    7,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    You could say the same about Kurt Warner on the Jets if going by that stupid "what X player did on another team" logic.

    It doesnt matter what somebody does somewhere else. What matters is what they do here. And Phil Sims was a stud for us and outright won the backup job. Matt Barkley also outplayed Stanton last year.
    Ahh, yes.... We all remember Kurt with Gang Green!

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    This is a dumb view. With it, The Jets Kurt Warner would never be a Cardinal. What a player does on your team is what matters. Ted Ginn is star in Carolinas system. A bust elswhere.

    Sims was a stud in his showings here. He played circles around Stanton. He was cut for the same reason BASK havent fired Amos Jones, because BA protects his boys no matter if it hurts the team
    Yknow, Kurt was my second favorite Jet ever. I almost liked him as much as I liked Kolb.
    I'm glad our team sucks because BA protects his guys. Wait a second! Our worst record with BA was 7-8-1 right? And besides that we had 10, 11, and 13? And this year our o-line was devastated, we lost 3 of our 4 best receivers, and our special teams were off? Wow. No wonder we suck. We need to fire BA now before it's too late! Who knows? Maybe he can go back to Baltimore and be the OC again for Big Ben. Or, is it possible? Are you overreacting?

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardiac Card View Post
    I disagree. Doesn't matter if 2017 is a year we can make a serious run or not. Stanton is not the guy that can come in and fill Palmers shoes and continue a run if he goes down.
    Does 2014 ring a bell? Stanton has won more games than he lost for us. And I bet he'll continue to do so if needed. I'm incredibly happy he's here and I'd love to see your evidence that says Stanton can't do what he did in 2014

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Phx
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganCards View Post
    Does 2014 ring a bell? Stanton has won more games than he lost for us. And I bet he'll continue to do so if needed. I'm incredibly happy he's here and I'd love to see your evidence that says Stanton can't do what he did in 2014
    Every time Stanton took a snap on a pass play, even from my nose bleed seats, I could tell where he was throwing the ball. He stares down receiving way too much. We won the games with him on great defense or just barely with some luck. Wasn't one of those wins a 6 to 3 win over a terrible Rams team on TNF? Couldn't score a touchdown, luckily we made a couple FG's to win the most unexciting game of all time.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Macomb, Il. 61455
    Posts
    3,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyOwhy View Post
    Every time Stanton took a snap on a pass play, even from my nose bleed seats, I could tell where he was throwing the ball. He stares down receiving way too much. We won the games with him on great defense or just barely with some luck. Wasn't one of those wins a 6 to 3 win over a terrible Rams team on TNF? Couldn't score a touchdown, luckily we made a couple FG's to win the most unexciting game of all time.

    There is sooooo much wrong in this post it hurts! But I'll only touch on 1 Glaring Wrong.

    That game against the Rams was at St.Louis and we had already notched 10 wins with Stanton as the QB after CP went down a month or so earlier. We were mocked by the media on how the Rams D would tar us apart. And If you think the defensive slobbernocker that happened that night was "unexciting" you don't know jack about football!. It was 6-3 because Stanton was being sacked by Donald with Ogltree coming in a step later. Stanton was still on his feet but going down sideways (much like DJ this year) when eugene Sims Pancakes Drew's legs from the side. Instant knee injury, just like DJ against the Rams in the last game of the season. That was also the game that had the press conference after wards that BA blew up at the Media about the perennial 8-8 rams vs an 11 win Cards team. Lindley finished that game as that sack injury came in the later 3rd Qtr. The D shut down the rams the rest of the game. Your sense of what makes an exciting football game is...........bad.......... real bad.

    JosEPh

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    On a side note: the Eagles cut/released Chase Daniels today. If we needed a QB to challenge Stanton, then imo Daniels would be the one who could.

    JosEPh
    This has merit as the guy's only 30 and could learn the Cards system before he gets his turn.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ogdenutah
    Posts
    1,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Who said it was an open competition for the number 2 spot in the previous preseasons?.
    Wow. Really? Well that sucks. And........it's kinda f stupid.

    ...........the ******** hung me in the spring of '25...........

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •