Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Draft Needs - Opinions

Default QB at #13 if the one they want is there...if not BPA....

a lot of holes to fill especially at LB and CB, but if their QB is there at 13 that's the pick. Unless, there is a can't refuse trade being made by another team to trade up.

It might be crazy, but i would take Howard at 13 if Mike Williams doesn't run a good 40 time. Him and Fitz underneath/slots with Brown and Nelson running deep.....instant impact!! Also, DJ out the backfield.

That's like my ideal Madden offense, sounds good to me

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogsCards View Post
    What should be the answer at the qb position going into this draft? Is the answer drafting a qb right away? I don't see that slam dunk without reaching for a qb.
    I am pretty sure there are no guarantees with Qb's so until you get your guy you have to keep drafting and kicking the tires until you get one. I think it is crazy how few Qb's the cards have drafted over the years. No matter what anyone says no one knows what this years class will do. I hope the cards like someone and take him where they think they should take him. I am wanting Mahomes in the worst way.

Smile Hmm...

I'm not into any of the QB's in this years draft, None.
    All career back-ups, imo.
    I'd wait and draft one that could hop in and play, the staff can get a guy up to speed in a couple months if good effort on all parties.
    So yeah Darnold let's do this brother! 2018
    Maybe I'm dreaming, but it's an epic dream

Only way your getting Darnold is if your drafting in the top 2 or 3. Then I'm not sold on USC QB. Too many have supposedly been saviors only to fall on their faces. Granted the Cards need a QBOF, and I'm not sold on any of these coming out this year. Better class if they all live up to the hype next year by a long shot. Not sure any of these guys coming out this year would be a 1st round pick if they were coming out with next years class. Really not sure any of these guys coming out this year deserve a 1st round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Skipper1111 View Post
    I'm not into any of the QB's in this years draft, None.
    All career back-ups, imo.
    I'd wait and draft one that could hop in and play, the staff can get a guy up to speed in a couple months if good effort on all parties.
    So yeah Darnold let's do this brother! 2018
    Maybe I'm dreaming, but it's an epic dream
    Your dream is my nightmare where the Cards are picking first.

More realistically, and hopefully, Josh Rosen and Josh Allen are within the Cards grasp. Although if the 2018 class was being picked today, you'd likely need a top 5 pick to get any of those three.
    In draft mode. Hoping for Trubisky, happy with Watson or Rudolph.

CB is by far the #1 need.

Followed by a G
    QB
    WR
    S
    ILB

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    CB is by far the #1 need.

Followed by a G
    QB
    WR
    S
    ILB
    Wrong.

Tier 1: QB, ILB, DL, CB
    Tier 2: WR, S, OG, TE
    Tier 3: RB, K

Raze is offline You cant handle the truth

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    Trade down Rd #1 -- pick Adoree Jackson CB/Returner
    #2 - Zay Jones WR
    #3 - Dion Dawkins G/T - Temple
    #3 (picked up from trade down) - Duke Riley, LSU or Davis Webb QB (Cards will probably work him out and will see if he's bright enough and a hard worker to pickup pro system under CP/Leftwich's tutelege. CP is still under contract including 2018 so it is not a given that he is done after this year so can BASK go 1 more yr until drafting a QB in a better class (2018).

BTW: Many of the ILB's are still available (someone will do a team-friendly 1 yr deal) - other than Hightower, you have Z. Brown - Hodges - Spence - McClain - Minter - Sio Moore.

One other closing thought Jahri Evans G -- if he still wants to play football could be a cheap 1 yr deal if SK can sell him on the Cards making SB. TJ Lang is available but will be too expensive.
    I realize you're just commenting on who the Cards are showing interest in, but why in the heck is Davis Webb under real consideration? He's an average college QB in a Bear Raid O. He has slow footwork, has poor mobility, struggles on the run, has sporadic accuracy, only ran shot gun, makes poor decisions when asked to do more than the O demands, and has only mild accuracy stats in a bloated O. In his biggest game of the year, Washington, he was horrible minus 3 great passes.

I'm baffled by the interest.

Trabisky at least looks like a QB
    Kelly if you can stand the heat
    Peterman if you want a poor man Alex Smith
    Mahomes is the real deal

Don't reach for anyone.
    29R.Nkemdiche 92A.Billings 128D.Prescott 167S.Wright 170R.Higgins 205A.Blythe

I really hope the cards DONT draft mike Williams.

Considering the losses on defense a cb makes a lot of sense. It's a deep draft for them.

I still think they would consider Foster. Have Dansby tutor him is ideal.

although the cards need a quarter of the future there is no point in reaching for one. It's a waste of a pick and it's a very weak draft for QB's.
    season ticket holder