Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: 2017 Draft Needs - Opinions

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    I really hope the cards DONT draft mike Williams.

    Considering the losses on defense a cb makes a lot of sense. It's a deep draft for them.

    I still think they would consider Foster. Have Dansby tutor him is ideal.

    although the cards need a quarter of the future there is no point in reaching for one. It's a waste of a pick and it's a very weak draft for QB's.
    Call me crazy, but I prefer Zach Cunningham than Foster

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Tempe
    Posts
    6,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinals2005 View Post
    Call me crazy, but I prefer Zach Cunningham than Foster
    Cunningham to my knowledge doesn't have the red flags the other two top ILBs bring, so not too crazy if ILB is the need we want to address first. But if we are cool with another ILB with issues, draft a S or CB or QBOF and hope DWash gets reinstated.

    Good night. Runs for cover.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,950

    Default

    Not against Cunningham, but I think 13 is to high for him. Now if we could trade down to say 20 and pick up an extra 3rd rounder I'd be all for it. With the losses the Cards have had in free agency we need extra draft picks to restock the roster. You might not find a gem in the 3rd round but you can find someone who can contribute. A solid starter or someone who is a rotational player.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    Not against Cunningham, but I think 13 is to high for him. Now if we could trade down to say 20 and pick up an extra 3rd rounder I'd be all for it. With the losses the Cards have had in free agency we need extra draft picks to restock the roster. You might not find a gem in the 3rd round but you can find someone who can contribute. A solid starter or someone who is a rotational player.
    Cunningham is a drag down tackler. Watch tape of him and you will see him throwing/dragging guys down from behind 90% of the time. Even in his "highlight" film, I dont think I saw one solid wrap-up tackle, and certainly not the pop that someone like Foster brings.

    As much as I think trading down sounds like a good idea, I don't see it happening unless Williams, Davis, Foster, Both Safetys, our top rated CB, at least 2 QBs, and our top rated d-Lineman are all off the board. Now that is possible...but there are always surprises. My point is, I think we want to try to get a blue chipper with #13, and if one is there we will make the pick...even if it is not who we were expecting.

    To me, a trade down this year would only bring rotational guys...not starters (unless we trade down and then draft an O-Lineman...there will be starters there in the 20's).
    Last edited by adamcardsfan; 03-14-2017 at 11:41 AM.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,485

    Default

    Take a good talent like Golden. It took him a year before he got his feet under him.

    Most guys take time to develop. We have too many holes that will hurt us for a guy not to step in and make a contribution immediately. That is why the pick at 13 is paramount. It's also why the last couple of "momentum" wins that fans talked about at the end of last season is just laughable.

    I still think 13 we can get a guy. After that it' s mostly about getting guys who will contribute in a couple of years.

    We do have last seasons picks. Guys like Brandon Williams. I'm sure he can step right into that corner spot.
    season ticket holder

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,324

    Default

    Now that we have Dansby, I am comfortable not taking any ILB, and I think thats what Keim is thinking as well.


    Theres a good ILB in every draft, it can wait a year. Dansby is the easy choice for starter at ILB and also vocal team leader on D.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Now that we have Dansby, I am comfortable not taking any ILB, and I think thats what Keim is thinking as well.


    Theres a good ILB in every draft, it can wait a year. Dansby is the easy choice for starter at ILB and also vocal team leader on D.

    Or better yet you have Dansby mentor the ILB we take. I honestly hope we go all defense this draft with maybe a TE in rds 5-6. This is too strong of a defensive draft to not. Take our QB and WR next year when Palmer/Fitz hang it up.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdgang95 View Post
    Or better yet you have Dansby mentor the ILB we take. I honestly hope we go all defense this draft with maybe a TE in rds 5-6. This is too strong of a defensive draft to not. Take our QB and WR next year when Palmer/Fitz hang it up.
    You got 2 ILBs. Buc can mentor the rookie ILB next year.


    This year, with all our FA losses, we need an immediate starter. A CB above all.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    You got 2 ILBs. Buc can mentor the rookie ILB next year.


    This year, with all our FA losses, we need an immediate starter. A CB above all.
    You do know that CBs tend to struggle their first year, right? The LB class is so shallow.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,674

    Default

    I really like Reddick the more I hear this kid and hear his story. He seems hungry. We need those David Johnson types here. Will go all out, won't take anything for granted. Good guy, model citizen.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •