Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Drc

Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    One of the best if not the Best QB the Cardinals ever fielded since the move to AZ. Maybe even well into the St.Louis era as well.

Joseph
    If he wouldn't have thrown that interception to Harrison we would have won that Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    kolb never had a chance here. I was pretty close to the field watching the games and it was clear Kolb had zero time to do anything. He actually did a pretty good job before his first injury here. I think it's easy to go back in hindsight now and say it wasn't a good deal. We really needed a QB and the deal made sense at the time.

But he was also a guy who get injured stepping on popcorn at the end.

Kolb never had a chance period. I still remember the red and white practice in Flag where they gave him 5 or 6 chances to get a TD and we saw interception city. Or another time at practice when Adub had to tell the qb's the defense is going to blitz after they had already seen the same look multiple times.

Do wonder how fortunes would have changed if Russ Grimm wasn't the guy coaching up the line. I still can't believe Whiz brought him back during his time with the Titans. How stupid can someone be.

Back to the topic at hand. We need a proven guy at corner I'll take Drc over Bethel to start any day of the week.
    Last edited by Genken; 03-16-2017 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiac Card View Post
    If he wouldn't have thrown that interception to Harrison we would have won that Super Bowl.
    But the team overcame that mistake. Fitz's romp down the middle of the field should've won the game too. But DRC for what ever reason was out of place on the game winning play. His man his side of the field and he had no idea were Holmes was. Yet he did have the physical skills to overcome that. He could've overcome it too if he had spotted the ball. His leaping ability then was 2nd to none on the team. Francesco was playing center field and just did not have the speed to cover DRC's game losing mistake.

JosEPh

Quote Originally Posted by Genken View Post
    Kolb never had a chance period. I still remember the red and white practice in Flag where they gave him 5 or 6 chances to get a TD and we saw interception city. Or another time at practice when Adub had to tell the qb's the defense is going to blitz after they had already seen the same look multiple times.

Do wonder how fortunes would have changed if Russ Grimm wasn't the guy coaching up the line. I still can't believe Whiz brought him back during his time with the Titans. How stupid can someone be.

Back to the topic at hand. We need a proven guy at corner I'll take Drc over Bethel to start any day of the week.
    Whiz did not bring Grimm back to the Titans. He returned to the league after Whiz left Tenn.

Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    But the team overcame that mistake. Fitz's romp down the middle of the field should've won the game too. But DRC for what ever reason was out of place on the game winning play. His man his side of the field and he had no idea were Holmes was. Yet he did have the physical skills to overcome that. He could've overcome it too if he had spotted the ball. His leaping ability then was 2nd to none on the team. Francesco was playing center field and just did not have the speed to cover DRC's game losing mistake.

JosEPh
    You're confusing or conflating the touchdown play and the big play just prior.
    Last edited by Crazy-Canuck; 03-17-2017 at 08:15 AM.

kolb never had a chance here. I was pretty close to the field watching the games and it was clear Kolb had zero time to do anything. He actually did a pretty good job before his first injury here. I think it's easy to go back in hindsight now and say it wasn't a good deal. We really needed a QB and the deal made sense at the time.

So let me understand this, you rail on CP, but you defend Kolb. Got it...

Thanks, AriS. That's one of your better insights. Kolb was flash fried by the Whiz's boyz. Plug any other QB into that year's crummy offense and the result is probably the same. Concussed, busted, and over-done QB in one day.

I would love for DRC to come back. I saw him make an incredible int 2009 old giant stadium vs the Giants . I had great seats row 1 30-40 yard line. I never understood the trade. At this point in his career #2 would be a perfect scenario. He still has playmaking ability

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    Thanks, AriS. That's one of your better insights. Kolb was flash fried by the Whiz's boyz. Plug any other QB into that year's crummy offense and the result is probably the same. Concussed, busted, and over-done QB in one day.
    Absolutely. Kolb's grade is incomplete, simply unable to grade his time here since he was behind a non-NFL caliber offensive line coached up by the "best ever" OL coach Russ "I'd rather watch Springsteen than do my job" Grimm.

Disclaimer: All of the above is just my opinion.