Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Drc

Quote Originally Posted by Redhammer View Post
    There were obviously things wrong that allowed them to drive down the field the way that they did in the first place leading up to that final play. Don't see how you can pin the loss all on one guy over one play.
    <shrug> we all have our opinions.......

JosEPh

Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    <shrug> we all have our opinions.......

JosEPh

That's true and I hope mine didn't come across as putting yours down because that wasn't the intent. Just offering another perspective from the same frustration. Still eats at me seeing the ultimate victory slipping through our fingers the way it did and here we are still the only ones in the division without a trophy.

That victory did slip through the team's fingers. Not the first nor will it be the last time that does it.
    May Day May Day!

I watched him in a Giants game late in the season and, by golly, it appeared to me that sometime between the last game he played for the Cardinals and the game I watched Cromartie had somehow figured out that tackling was in his job description. So with that in mind, if he works cheap enough and still has it to a decent extent I'm OK with it.

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    I watched him in a Giants game late in the season and, by golly, it appeared to me that sometime between the last game he played for the Cardinals and the game I watched Cromartie had somehow figured out that tackling was in his job description. So with that in mind, if he works cheap enough and still has it to a decent extent I'm OK with it.

His improved tackling and the fact that he still has that speed gives him my vote to come back.

I use to be a fan of DRC, had his jersey.

Constantly got tired of him being a ***** on and off the field. The guy gambled so much, it infuriated me. I always said that if he just played straight up, and then used his athletic ability to capitalize on mistakes, he could've been great. He never had the IQ needed to be an elite CB, relied too much on his talent.

Then I remember there was a running play(against the Rams) and there were some blocks forming and DRC took the most IDIOTIC route to try to make a tackle(hint, he wasn't trying to make a tackle) and that's when I took off his jersey. I think he was off the team the following year.
    I was gonna post a pic, but honey badger don't give a dang.

Quote Originally Posted by KerryRhodes26 View Post
    I use to be a fan of DRC, had his jersey.

Constantly got tired of him being a ***** on and off the field. The guy gambled so much, it infuriated me. I always said that if he just played straight up, and then used his athletic ability to capitalize on mistakes, he could've been great. He never had the IQ needed to be an elite CB, relied too much on his talent.

Then I remember there was a running play(against the Rams) and there were some blocks forming and DRC took the most IDIOTIC route to try to make a tackle(hint, he wasn't trying to make a tackle) and that's when I took off his jersey. I think he was off the team the following year.
    Have you watched him the last few years? I think he was an immature kid when we drafted him and matured slowly, but I think he did mature and became more complete. He's done well...much better than Kolb ever did for us. That plus the opportunity cost of Kolb's contract and the lost second rounder was the biggest blunder the Cards have made with personnel since they've been in AZ IMO. Set us back five years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Have you watched him the last few years? I think he was an immature kid when we drafted him and matured slowly, but I think he did mature and became more complete. He's done well...much better than Kolb ever did for us. That plus the opportunity cost of Kolb's contract and the lost second rounder was the biggest blunder the Cards have made with personnel since they've been in AZ IMO. Set us back five years.
    I was thinking DRC and Anquan are at opposite ends of the FA spectrum....

Dont get me started, DRC talk to his fans still, he said his heart never left AZ and he wants to come back. If he does come back. Thats 3 08 players coming back. One more crack at it like Los said
    "It's OUR Time"

Quote Originally Posted by JagNCard225 View Post
    Dont get me started, DRC talk to his fans still, he said his heart never left AZ and he wants to come back. If he does come back. Thats 3 08 players coming back. One more crack at it like Los said
    Does he really say he wants to come back? Hadn't seen that.

With signing Fluker the Giants have the lowest amount of cap in the NFL and DRC is an expensive luxury for them under contract until next year at $9 million per year. He plays out of slot there and they have other options, and more importantly bigger needs for $9 million. He was listed as one of the most likely QB cuts by overthecap in January.

Giants would try to trade him first so it would mean a draft pick (prob not high) and then the money unless a new contract could be worked out. He's been a big contributor everywhere he's been since we traded him. Look at some recent Giants pics of him..he's grown up and looks like an NFL cb instead of a baby giraffe.

I'd want to know if he can still play outside as a CB2, still has speed and instincts, and is more capable of a tackler than we remember. He's 30, so he's got years left.

Wouldn't want a trade but if that's what it took and they felt he was a legit #2 opposite PP21, I'd try a trade with new contract. We still have decent cap space now, believe it or not, with Bethel and Branch taking reductions, DWash likely coming off the board, and cap friendly deals by Chandler Jones and the new FAs listed so far.