Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: Drc

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Does he really say he wants to come back? Hadn't seen that.

    With signing Fluker the Giants have the lowest amount of cap in the NFL and DRC is an expensive luxury for them under contract until next year at $9 million per year. He plays out of slot there and they have other options, and more importantly bigger needs for $9 million. He was listed as one of the most likely QB cuts by overthecap in January.

    Giants would try to trade him first so it would mean a draft pick (prob not high) and then the money unless a new contract could be worked out. He's been a big contributor everywhere he's been since we traded him. Look at some recent Giants pics of him..he's grown up and looks like an NFL cb instead of a baby giraffe.

    I'd want to know if he can still play outside as a CB2, still has speed and instincts, and is more capable of a tackler than we remember. He's 30, so he's got years left.

    Wouldn't want a trade but if that's what it took and they felt he was a legit #2 opposite PP21, I'd try a trade with new contract. We still have decent cap space now, believe it or not, with Bethel and Branch taking reductions, DWash likely coming off the board, and cap friendly deals by Chandler Jones and the new FAs listed so far.
    Doesn't take genius to figure out Keim is up to SOMETHING. Just WHAT that is, is the $70 Million question.

    When DWash gets put on the exempt list, Keim will have about $30 Million this year, with another $40M freeing up next year when Palmer and Fitz come off.

    The only contract that needs work anywhere in the even distant horizon is David Johnson after NEXT year.

    HMMMMM.... something is up.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,763

    Default

    DRC has matured as a player and would have no problems welcoming him back as an FA. Opposite PP21 he probably would be pretty good.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Doesn't take genius to figure out Keim is up to SOMETHING. Just WHAT that is, is the $70 Million question.

    When DWash gets put on the exempt list, Keim will have about $30 Million this year, with another $40M freeing up next year when Palmer and Fitz come off.

    The only contract that needs work anywhere in the even distant horizon is David Johnson after NEXT year.

    HMMMMM.... something is up.
    Luck?
    Still searching for our QBOF.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    Luck?
    This team can always use a little of that...

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Tempe
    Posts
    6,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Doesn't take genius to figure out Keim is up to SOMETHING. Just WHAT that is, is the $70 Million question.

    When DWash gets put on the exempt list, Keim will have about $30 Million this year, with another $40M freeing up next year when Palmer and Fitz come off.

    The only contract that needs work anywhere in the even distant horizon is David Johnson after NEXT year.

    HMMMMM.... something is up.
    WV I'm curious how you get to $30 million for Keim to use this year? Using Sportrac and Overthecap best I can figure is we are currently at $19 million inncap space, but that includes a bit over $7 million towards DWash and doesn't include Bethea, Jarvis Jones or Ellington. I'd estimate those three contracts about wash if DWash's cap gets exempted again in 2017.

    So $19 million to spend but you still have rookie contracts to account for. There are a couple contracts that could open space with restructuring or extending, like Veldheer or Iupati, but I wouldn't count that unless it happened. I don't see many more cuts that should happen to clear space.

    How do you get to $30 million?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    WV I'm curious how you get to $30 million for Keim to use this year? Using Sportrac and Overthecap best I can figure is we are currently at $19 million inncap space, but that includes a bit over $7 million towards DWash and doesn't include Bethea, Jarvis Jones or Ellington. I'd estimate those three contracts about wash if DWash's cap gets exempted again in 2017.

    So $19 million to spend but you still have rookie contracts to account for. There are a couple contracts that could open space with restructuring or extending, like Veldheer or Iupati, but I wouldn't count that unless it happened. I don't see many more cuts that should happen to clear space.

    How do you get to $30 million?
    $21M and change. But OTC is erroneous in their listing for Washington (Spotrac is accurate.) For all intents and purposes, Washington is a $7M cap hit, until the league officially places him on exempt list (or reinstates him if he applies and is granted.) They also have not updated the Bethel re-do.

    I added $7M to get to the (ballpark) $30M.

    However, I did not realize Bethea has not been included yet, nor did I realize that OTC had an (incorrect) # for Washington of $1.8M (that's just his SB proration.)

    So if we want to be truly on the number, let's say the savings from Bethel is a wash with Bethea, and assign $3M and change in '17 for Ellington and Jones.

    Now we have $21M and change - $3M and change + $5.2M (diff in Washington).... so about $23.2M

    Still a TON of money, especially with two monster numbers coming off next year, and also notable that ZERO contracts need to be addressed until AFTER the 2018 season.
    Last edited by WVcardsFan; 03-15-2017 at 03:34 PM.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Tempe
    Posts
    6,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    $21M and change. But OTC is erroneous in their listing for Washington (Spotrac is accurate.) For all intents and purposes, Washington is a $7M cap hit, until the league officially places him on exempt list (or reinstates him if he applies and is granted.) They also have not updated the Bethel re-do.

    I added $7M to get to the (ballpark) $30M.

    However, I did not realize Bethea has not been included yet, nor did I realize that OTC had an (incorrect) # for Washington of $1.8M (that's just his SB proration.)

    So if we want to be truly on the number, let's say the savings from Bethel is a wash with Bethea, and assign $3M and change in '17 for Ellington and Jones.

    Now we have $21M and change - $3M and change + $5.2M (diff in Washington).... so about $23.2M

    Still a TON of money, especially with two monster numbers coming off next year, and also notable that ZERO contracts need to be addressed until AFTER the 2018 season.
    Ok more in line with where I am at. I think you may be $2 million high still as Sportrac had updated their Bethel number to reflect his reduction.

    So say $20 million to spend. Agree about the cap money available and great contract situations next year (unless Palmer surprises us all and plays out the last year of his contract). We still have rookies to sign...several million. We still have a relatively small roster, much of it that will be filled by rookies and min cap vets. The holes at starter I see for this year that I think should be addressed by vets with experience are right guard and CB2. Dansby or Bethea type signings for 2017 or a younger solid starter player for long term. I don't see many young ones left available for longer contracts...more older one year guys or prove it deal younger guys with red flags.

    Then I think we could use depth at some positions that would be good to have vets at. Jarvis Jones type signings.

    More depth and building for the future through the draft. And the always present QBOF issue.

    I think we go after a vet CB and vet guard with the money, and that money could be for guys not currently out there on the free agent market.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Have you watched him the last few years? I think he was an immature kid when we drafted him and matured slowly, but I think he did mature and became more complete. He's done well...much better than Kolb ever did for us. That plus the opportunity cost of Kolb's contract and the lost second rounder was the biggest blunder the Cards have made with personnel since they've been in AZ IMO. Set us back five years.


    The Kolb deal was god awful and I was against it from the beginning. I wanted to give up a lower pick and less money and take Orton from the Broncos(I believe).
    Last edited by KerryRhodes26; 03-15-2017 at 04:07 PM.
    I was gonna post a pic, but honey badger don't give a dang.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    We still have rookies to sign...several million.
    A bit overblown.

    Guys taken after Round 3 (if they make the team) would replace guys down at the bottom of the top-53 who make the same amount.

    So, really, you only need to allocate enough to cover the first 3 picks. Pick 13 last year in the first 3 rounds added up to $4.8M, so maybe $5M this year.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KerryRhodes26 View Post
    The Kolb deal was god awful and I was against it from the beginning. I wanted to give up a lower pick and less money and take Orton from the Broncos(I believe).
    In fairness to Kolb, with Kenny's unique ability to ruin QBs I think they could have brought in Joey Baloney to play QB and it wouldn't have been much different. Kolb was "one of those guys" who kept getting his bell rung and couldn't stay on the field. But he was tough, anyone doubting that should go back and watch the Rams Thursday night game from early season 2012, frankly I'm surprised Kolb survived intact that night behind Grimm's joke of an offensive line.

    Disclaimer: All of the above is just my opinion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •