Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Andre Ellington Signs With Cardinals

Default Andre Ellington Signs With Cardinals

One year deal. Terms not disclosed.

Maybe they'll use him as a wide receiver.

Interesting move. Guy has some skills, just needs to be used. If they do not find a role for him this Is a wasted move. I thought there was a good chance he went somewhere and was going to be utilized.

Quote Originally Posted by Belac44 View Post
    Interesting move. Guy has some skills, just needs to be used. If they do not find a role for him this Is a wasted move. I thought there was a good chance he went somewhere and was going to be utilized.
    Depth is important. Given DJ a breather is important. Potentially rolling DJ out wide would be unique.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxHallEra View Post
    Depth is important. Given DJ a breather is important. Potentially rolling DJ out wide would be unique.
    I am not sure why you are telling me depth is important? Signing a RB is not odd, resigning a guy you refused to use all year is what is odd. Telling me depth and a breather for DJ is great, but I didn't say anythign to contradict that thought.

They did roll DJ out wide last year so not so unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Belac44 View Post
    I am not sure why you are telling me depth is important? Signing a RB is not odd, resigning a guy you refused to use all year is what is odd. Telling me depth and a breather for DJ is great, but I didn't say anythign to contradict that thought.

They did roll DJ out wide last year so not so unique.
    Belac, I dont think MaxHallEra was really calling you out. I think he was just making an additional point.???

Or maybe he was and I should mind my own business.
    CP3 in AZ baby!!!

I thought for sure the AE era was over. Don't understand this move at all. The guy has proven he isn't a Rb in this league. Stupid move. Two yard and a cloud of dust Ellington.

Amazing how quickly a simple posting regarding resigning of AE turns into a "Yeah---Oh Yeah" squabble. Happens all over this forum. May be a big reason this format for discussing the Cards is dying off. Look at the ever smaller views for each post and the even reduced number of comments.

My grandson (all of 12 at the time) posted a comment here some time ago and was immediately hammered---was it another 12 year-old or one of the old farts who hover over the forum as if it were their private kingdom and that they have the last say?

(1) To rebut someone's opinion, disagree with facts or simply accept that they see things differently than you do.

(2) Give the benefit of the doubt before jumping on someone---it just might be a young fan anxious to join the conversation regarding their Cardinals.

(3) Nothing posted here is life-or-death. The game of football is a diversion and entertainment. If a fan forum gets your shorts in a knot, time to find either a new hobby or a therapist.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    I thought for sure the AE era was over. Don't understand this move at all. The guy has proven he isn't a Rb in this league. Stupid move. Two yard and a cloud of dust Ellington.
    Proven to your satisfaction and that and 2-bucks will buy a cup of coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by lacardsfan View Post
    Belac, I dont think MaxHallEra was really calling you out. I think he was just making an additional point.???

Or maybe he was and I should mind my own business.
    I wasn't concerned, was just trying to understand and I figured best way is to ask.