Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Andre Ellington Signs With Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonram View Post
    Amazing how quickly a simple posting regarding resigning of AE turns into a "Yeah---Oh Yeah" squabble. Happens all over this forum. May be a big reason this format for discussing the Cards is dying off. Look at the ever smaller views for each post and the even reduced number of comments.

My grandson (all of 12 at the time) posted a comment here some time ago and was immediately hammered---was it another 12 year-old or one of the old farts who hover over the forum as if it were their private kingdom and that they have the last say?

(1) To rebut someone's opinion, disagree with facts or simply accept that they see things differently than you do.

(2) Give the benefit of the doubt before jumping on someone---it just might be a young fan anxious to join the conversation regarding their Cardinals.

(3) Nothing posted here is life-or-death. The game of football is a diversion and entertainment. If a fan forum gets your shorts in a knot, time to find either a new hobby or a therapist.
    Yep. Everyone has an opinion and it can only be the right answer, no margin for differing viewpoints and if you don't agree, you're wrong and clearly an idiot. Pretty sad state of affairs. But unfortunately, it's even worse in the comment section of all the major news sites. We've become a society of "My way or the Wrong way" people unwilling to see options for compromise or differing views.

Well said Canyon.

And as far as AE...meh. Can take him or leave him. Hard to get too riled one way or the other.
    Last edited by TnTCardFans; 03-13-2017 at 09:31 PM.

AE is avoiding injury by falling to the turf like a grenade went off when he gets approached by the opposition.

He is very limited in what he can do for the team. He's a very very poor man Darren Sproles.

I had much higher hopes for this guy a couple of years ago but he's approaching wasted space.
    season ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by LuisRoc View Post
    He will probably be apart of some sort of trade package in the works maybe. Otherwise he will end up being injured through the whole season. Please don't let em return kicks
    Who would trade for him....you cray!

They're keeping him because he knows the system and they trust him.
    Owner

He has got to be used like a true 3rd down/scat back....he should never be running the ball up the middle.

If you want to put him in two back sets and let him run routes, or the occasional toss sweep or screen pass or draw...then fine. I think he can be effective in that role. If you are going to treat him as DJ's backup, and ask him to do the same types of things, then AE will be hurt by week 3.

they are going to use him as a receiver more often according to kent somers and others

Quote Originally Posted by Switzerland View Post
    they are going to use him as a receiver more often according to kent somers and others
    this free agency has me way "out of sorts".... So Help me... andre ellington is going to be a wide receiver, now? Did they legalize Pot in Arizona? or do Y'all sell Peyote for football teams?

What in the heck?
    Last edited by whythecardinals; 03-14-2017 at 02:01 PM.
    >Victory is SWEET!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinals View Post
    Who would trade for him....you cray!

They're keeping him because he knows the system and they trust him.

It is why I said package deal.lol. no one would trade for him I know but perhaps a deal like we made with new England for chandler jones, no one would trade for Jonathan cooper either and we traded him, anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Switzerland View Post
    If he shifts to WR full time, or 90% of the time, I hope Arian's utilizes more screen plays. Ellington might make a decent slot receiver. But imagine he'd have a limited route tree. No wait, I just figured out Arian's grand plan. He's tired of being called out concerning fade routes to John Brown. Enter Ellington... our new secret fade weapon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...wide-receiver/

Really this should not surprise most Card fans that remember how the coaching staff was pleasantly surprised at how well AE ran routes and by how well he caught the ball. Not just short routes either.

What did surprise me was how little he was utilized last year and too often in the wrong way, trying to make tough runs up the middle with a lack of consistent blocking to create a crease for him to get through.

I wonder if he's back at 100% if he'd look better at K&P returns. Assuming we had somebody on return duty that could block for him....