Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloom off the rose?

Default Bloom off the rose?

Does it seem a little different this year with free agency or is it just about setting us up with more compensatory picks and not going crazy with the salary cap. After the way B.A. reacted and things that were said publicly about the players last year it just seems like the image of him has changed from the cool uncle you want to have a drink with to the crazy uncle that nobody wants to invite over. It used to be that the guys would gush about his coaching style and how much they loved him, but now it seems like it has worn thin and players are avoiding visits and getting out of town. I do like the idea of getting younger in areas with a strong draft but something just seems different with the established players and the lack of visits that are not happening. I wonder if word got around about how he handled adversity and it is affecting free agency.
    Just looking for different options or thoughts on this. Hope i'm wrong and the rest of the draft and are free agency picks up.

Go Cards!!

I think BA's comment earlier in the off-season about "...they'll be wearing pads..." set the new tone. Uncle Bruce is no longer. Uncle Buck now. Full accountability for players.

not sure anyone expected much splash from the cards, and why so? I have liked our approach so far. Lets fill the rest of our needs through the draft.

Thumbs up I hear ya

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    I think BA's comment earlier in the off-season about "...they'll be wearing pads..." set the new tone. Uncle Bruce is no longer. Uncle Buck now. Full accountability for players.

Yes it is time for a new tone, I agree...
    And yes the more draft picks the better.

Winning solves everything. And nothing turns a crowd opinion faster than losing when they've come to expect wins.

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    Full accountability eh?

uncle An-us is still coaching special teams.

That is simply an injustice to an organization that claims it wants to win.

This kind of blind loyalty to "his boys" is what will be the undoing of Super Bruce.
    season ticket holder

BA is considered a players coach. Nothing over the past few months has been done to change that. Imo

Going into year five this is really the first year BA or Keim have a large number of players they brought in for the initial revamping of the team that are up for new contracts. Guys they drafted or brought in. There have been guys like Logan Thomas and Cooper who they moved on from, but it's understandably a different feel this year. And BA has talked about a new tone at training camp. Keim has talked about needing maturity and football IQ.

They have already made moves at punter and kicker. Made it clear special teams will be addressed. Some people won't be satisfied unless Amos is fired...so won't be satisfied. Sorry. I put blame on him and BA and Keim for not having special teams ready for what could have been a great season last year. But personnel is being addressed.

As for "going crazy with the cap", that's just the type of year it was going to be this year. Lots of players with ending contracts, not a ton of cap so long as Fitz and Palmer played, and they did. Next year will be crazy, this year will be plugging holes with bandaids...plus locking down a young stud OLB.

Quote Originally Posted by azbmxican View Post
    not sure anyone expected much splash from the cards, and why so? I have liked our approach so far. Lets fill the rest of our needs through the draft.
    I didn't expect them to do much. I think they overpaid Gresham but I like the Jones and Dansby deals. Campbell and Jefferson were going to get money whipped and it seems like Sweringer may have been a locker room cancer.

Last year this team didn't prepare seriously enough. I think everyone not named Carson, Larry, or David dopped the ball. The front office glossed over the depth at CB for too long and the coaching staff didnt push the players. I feel like they have identified this and will be correcting this going forward.

As for our holes I think our young D lineman will be ready to step up. We run a rotation anyway and are now in a position to use OLB blitzes. Our young corners should be ready to take a step forward and Honey Badger should be 100% again. Add in a couple of late SK specials and I think we are setting up nicely.
    Big thanks to DUSK884 for the sweet avatars!

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark17 View Post
    it seems like Sweringer may have been a locker room cancer.
    Why does it seem like that? What did I miss? Or is this just the only explanation we can think of for losing 1 of our best young defenders?