Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bloom off the rose?

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    He's 41-22-1 in 4 regular seasons after inheriting a 5 win team. And that's with losing his starting QB for a chunk of a season to a blown knee (in addition to tons of other crushing injuries).
    I don't know about you but that looks pretty good to me

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    I would imagine the chance of that would be really really small.

What is much more clear is the special teams has sucked for two years.

Can you imagine BB coming to the cardinals and seeing what the special teams have done. He'd have An-us's back side booted out of town very quickly. Why? because BB and winning coach's are accountable to winning. LIke any good organization.
    BB and his mentor Parcells don't carry players who can't perform on special teams. BB's staff is almost irrelevant. He losses top coaches every year and plugs another one in. If players don't buy in and perform they're gone.

It's not about just the coaches. It's top down. The Cardinals don't have an owner like Kraft or a football man like BB. No team in the NFL does. We have a pretty good management team in place. You can't model after the Pats. So many teams try to and fail. The Cardinals organization is a country club compared to the Pats. It's not about the special teams coach.

Quote Originally Posted by KerryRhodes26 View Post
    Fact is, Drew Butler was on this team for WAY too long, and that's someone's fault. Whether it Keim, Arians or Amos, someone needs to be held accountable for Butler being on this team for that long.

I remember everyone on here hating his guts in the first Panthers loss(where we played Lindley). He was just a horrible punter and I can't understand how he lasted two more years here. It's absolutely mind-boggling.

This will be the year that defines Bruce Arians career in Arizona. If it's another under .500 year and more circling the wagons around "his guys", then I will be ready to call for his job(as crazy as it seems). I sat through too many years of Whisenhunt and his, "we have the system, and if the players could just execute the system, we would win" nonsense. I will not sit by and have a coach week after week say, "we like our plan" and it continually result in losses.

Now if we have an under .500 years and Arians talks about making majors changes, i would be okay with giving him 1 more year. I just don't want another year of him trying to protect his guys like whisenhunt did with Russ Grimm.
    But it won't be crazy. If this team goes 7-9 or so again it will be two losing seasons in a row for Arians with still a good regular season record but only one playoff win in five years total. Whisenhunt's regular season numbers will look worse, playoff record WAY better, with one more year. That stuff can be debated forever. Also, comparatively speaking Whisenhunt didn't get anywhere near the goodies Arians did, with Arians getting a much bigger budget for an army of assistants, nicer facilities, etc.. If there's a repeat of 2016 in 2017 a lot of fans will have turned on Arians, especially if it plays out the same way with an atrocious kicking game and Arians yapping his extremely, extremely well nonsense.

All of that said, I don't think Arians ever gets fired. If the 2017 season crashes and burns like 2016 Palmer and Fitzgerald are probably both gone and Arians will probably retire. And none of the above should be construed as an endorsement of Whisenhunt. Just pointing out the numbers.

Disclaimer: All of the above is just my opinion, except for the comments on relative records for each of the coaches mentioned above within the context of the scenario presented above. Those comments are facts.

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    But it won't be crazy. If this team goes 7-9 or so again it will be two losing seasons in a row for Arians with still a good regular season record but only one playoff win in five years total. Whisenhunt's regular season numbers will look worse, playoff record WAY better, with one more year. That stuff can be debated forever. Also, comparatively speaking Whisenhunt didn't get anywhere near the goodies Arians did, with Arians getting a much bigger budget for an army of assistants, nicer facilities, etc.. If there's a repeat of 2016 in 2017 a lot of fans will have turned on Arians, especially if it plays out the same way with an atrocious kicking game and Arians yapping his extremely, extremely well nonsense.

All of that said, I don't think Arians ever gets fired. If the 2017 season crashes and burns like 2016 Palmer and Fitzgerald are probably both gone and Arians will probably retire. And none of the above should be construed as an endorsement of Whisenhunt. Just pointing out the numbers.

Disclaimer: All of the above is just my opinion, except for the comments on relative records for each of the coaches mentioned above within the context of the scenario presented above. Those comments are facts.

As I had stated, if we have a "bad" year, I wouldn't be calling for his head. If we have a bad year and I have another season of Arians trying to protect "his guys" and "his coaches" then I would be okay with letting him go. You can't preach accountability, and then not hold your preferred guys accountable.
    I was gonna post a pic, but honey badger don't give a dang.

Quote Originally Posted by KerryRhodes26 View Post
    As I had stated, if we have a "bad" year, I wouldn't be calling for his head. If we have a bad year and I have another season of Arians trying to protect "his guys" and "his coaches" then I would be okay with letting him go. You can't preach accountability, and then not hold your preferred guys accountable.
    I would be calling for his head also, because it would mean he's not committed to winning. Winners are required to make tough decisions on players and coaches, and a multi-year whistle past the graveyard on the kicking game is prima facie evidence that the top dog doesn't care enough.

Disclaimer: All of the above is just my opinion.

It would appear we went from the golden city glowing in the desert where players wanted to get to even if they have to take a pay cut to the red headed stepchild in the desert that is going to have to overpay for mediocre talent. Last year hurt us in more ways than one.
    And congrats to AriS who managed to derail another thread and turn it into his own personal ***** ****fest.
    On a side note, its almost time for all the snowbirds and students to evacuate the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiac Card View Post
    It would appear we went from the golden city glowing in the desert where players wanted to get to even if they have to take a pay cut to the red headed stepchild in the desert that is going to have to overpay for mediocre talent. Last year hurt us in more ways than one.
    And congrats to AriS who managed to derail another thread and turn it into his own personal ***** ****fest.
    On a side note, its almost time for all the snowbirds and students to evacuate the state.
    No charge for the asterisks. P

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    BB and his mentor Parcells don't carry players who can't perform on special teams. BB's staff is almost irrelevant. He losses top coaches every year and plugs another one in. If players don't buy in and perform they're gone.

It's not about just the coaches. It's top down. The Cardinals don't have an owner like Kraft or a football man like BB. No team in the NFL does. We have a pretty good management team in place. You can't model after the Pats. So many teams try to and fail. The Cardinals organization is a country club compared to the Pats. It's not about the special teams coach.
    you're too good of a poster to believe what you just wrote. All we are talking about is accountability. That's not dependent on having whatever mojo is brewing in NE. It's just simple hard work and accountability to winning. From the top down. I'm not buying accepting mediocrity.
    like KR and onehearbeat mention you start to circle the wagons with the passing of time and facing adversity. YOu cant do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardiac Card View Post
    Derail a thread? You're passing Joseph as the biggest crybaby on this site. Man up.
    season ticket holder

you're too good of a poster to believe what you just wrote. All we are talking about is accountability. That's not dependent on having whatever mojo is brewing in NE. It's just simple hard work and accountability to winning. From the top down. I'm not buying accepting mediocrity.
    like KR and onehearbeat mention you start to circle the wagons with the passing of time and facing adversity. YOu cant do that.

The NFL is designed to promote mediocrity. If you can't accept that you should stop watching. The draft, FA and expansion along with wild card and expanded playoffs is all about rewarding mediocrity and reducing accountability. You couple that with rules that professional refs, coaches, players and fans don't clearly understand and accountability is out the window. One of the reasons I'm giving up my tickets next year is the product is becoming more and more controlled by the league office instead of the players. There is one exception the Pats. Interestingly when the Pats beat the Rams in the SB by aggressively challenging their receivers the league responded by changing the rules trying to take away the Pats strength. Of course they adopted unlike any other team in football.

Derail a thread? You're passing Joseph as the biggest crybaby on this site. Man up.
    Ugh dude I liked you for a second. Stop being a dick to other people on here for disagreeing with you