Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jarvis Jones signed

Quote Originally Posted by rohinaz View Post
    who did you want at OLB considering we have Chandler Jones and Markus Golden starting?
    Jarvis was a 1st round pick a couple years ago, so he has talent.
    98.7 stated Jones was a LB that Steelers wanted to return to them and allegedly Jones was heading to Baltimore when Okafor signed so SK closed the deal. Now in the draft I had many a post where I stated that a guy who runs over a 4.8 as a rush LB won't get sacks in the NFL -- many on this forum argued with me. He was very productive at Georgia and apparently Okafor wanted more snaps with the Cards -- if Jarvis Jones hustles, works hard and fits in the rotation, this is a "push" between losing Okafor and gaining him.

Again -- I am still incredulous as to why BASK didn't sign Warford @ $8M APY to solidify the RG position for the next 4-5 yrs as the Cards have $19M under the cap. BASK is going to need to hit a home run in the 2017 draft as we still have all the major holes to fill .. will Jahri Evans sign a SK 1-yr deal SK special ?????

P.S. Lacy weighed in at 267 lbs -- good luck Seahawks.

Steeler fans according to Twitter are perfectly happy about this.

For a guy who set records recording 28 sacks over his last two years in college it's strange he can hardly muster one a year in the pros. That said, the Steelers boards say he busted as the sack monster they wanted but is solid sealing the edge and as a run stuffer, and should be a very solid rotational guy. He ranked higher at OLB as a FA than Okafor in every list I was able to find. Will be interesting to see how we use him and how he responds. He certainly has an amazing pedigree...

2 time All American
    2 time first team SEC
    2012 SEC def player of year
    2012 Jack Lambert trophy
    2012 10th place heisman voting

His contract will likely void one of our comp picks unless Minter comes out similar.

I lived in Georgia while Jarvis was coming through UGA and I watched him play a lot. The dude was THE star on that UGA team. I thought for sure he was gonna be a monster in the NFL.

I know that the odds are against it but I just still hold out hope that our team can get something out of him. I'm telling you, he took over games in college he's GOTTA be able to at least be decent in the NFL.

Maybe, maybe not, we'll see. But I'm glad we signed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac247 View Post
    I lived in Georgia while Jarvis was coming through UGA and I watched him play a lot. The dude was THE star on that UGA team. I thought for sure he was gonna be a monster in the NFL.

I know that the odds are against it but I just still hold out hope that our team can get something out of him. I'm telling you, he took over games in college he's GOTTA be able to at least be decent in the NFL.

Maybe, maybe not, we'll see. But I'm glad we signed him.
    If he replaces Okafor 's 3.5 sacks, I won't complain.

Change of scenery, new scheme and the possiblities are endless. With C. Jones and Golden roaming the outside, it will open up opportunities for him to flourish here.

Quote Originally Posted by AZCards View Post
    Change of scenery, new scheme and the possiblities are endless. With C. Jones and Golden roaming the outside, it will open up opportunities for him to flourish here.
    True!
    "It's OUR Time"

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Beavers View Post
    Steeler fans according to Twitter are perfectly happy about this.
    Their whole D was trash. A few bright spots. Scapegoat
    "It's OUR Time"

Quote Originally Posted by JagNCard225 View Post
    Their whole D was trash. A few bright spots. Scapegoat
    Gotta root for him from here on out!

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    98.7 stated Jones was a LB that Steelers wanted to return to them and allegedly Jones was heading to Baltimore when Okafor signed so SK closed the deal. Now in the draft I had many a post where I stated that a guy who runs over a 4.8 as a rush LB won't get sacks in the NFL -- many on this forum argued with me. He was very productive at Georgia and apparently Okafor wanted more snaps with the Cards -- if Jarvis Jones hustles, works hard and fits in the rotation, this is a "push" between losing Okafor and gaining him.

Again -- I am still incredulous as to why BASK didn't sign Warford @ $8M APY to solidify the RG position for the next 4-5 yrs as the Cards have $19M under the cap. BASK is going to need to hit a home run in the 2017 draft as we still have all the major holes to fill .. will Jahri Evans sign a SK 1-yr deal SK special ?????

P.S. Lacy weighed in at 267 lbs -- good luck Seahawks.
    Eddie "The Sea Hog" Lacy: That's one fat RB @ 267lbs and one that Jarvis Jones won't have any trouble catching. Jones is a good signing by SK. He's again showing incredible FA patience.