Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Am i the only one?

Default Am i the only one?

Who isn't worried about the free agents we're losing?

You have to make decisions on whether or not the guy is worth the money he wants and I've felt that in every case, the guy got more money somewhere else than he's worth.

Calais Campbell = People know my feelings about him. I think he's a very good player, but he ain't $15 million good. He ain't even $12 million good.

Tony Jefferson = I was early on liking this guy as an UDFA. Wish we could've kept him, but at $9 million, hahaha

Cooper = Good pickup, would've potentially like to kept him but again, not at his value. Same with Swearinger.

I'm actually a little annoyed that we re-signed Ellington. As Burns stated on their show yesterday, "yes there's no risk, but there's also no reward." I've put Ellington in the same mold that I put Rob Housler=time to move on. Maybe a change of scenery would've been good for Ellington. Unless they're going to revamp his workload, I see him just taking up a roster spot for the entire season.

I'm not saying that we're automatically going to find players better than each of the players listed above, but in this day and age, you have to make sacrifices and I think the best teams in the NFL are teams that know when it's best to move on from a player.
    I was gonna post a pic, but honey badger don't give a dang.

Quote Originally Posted by KerryRhodes26 View Post

You have to make decisions on whether or not the guy is worth the money he wants and I've felt that in every case, the guy got more money somewhere else than he's worth.

Calais Campbell = People know my feelings about him. I think he's a very good player, but he ain't $15 million good. He ain't even $12 million good.

Tony Jefferson = I was early on liking this guy as an UDFA. Wish we could've kept him, but at $9 million, hahaha

Cooper = Good pickup, would've potentially like to kept him but again, not at his value. Same with Swearinger.

I'm actually a little annoyed that we re-signed Ellington. As Burns stated on their show yesterday, "yes there's no risk, but there's also no reward." I've put Ellington in the same mold that I put Rob Housler=time to move on. Maybe a change of scenery would've been good for Ellington. Unless they're going to revamp his workload, I see him just taking up a roster spot for the entire season.

I'm not saying that we're automatically going to find players better than each of the players listed above, but in this day and age, you have to make sacrifices and I think the best teams in the NFL are teams that know when it's best to move on from a player.
    I think there are a handful of us that aren't really sweatin' bullets over this FA. I actually had hoped that CC would be able to play here another year or 2 with Larry and Palmer, but that wasn't really feasible. I'll miss him and wish him nothing but the best, and I share that feeling for TJ and others that have left and will leave.

But ahhh heck, ya know, K sarah sarah and all that jazz.

It sounds like BA and Co. have plans for using Ellington as a receiver more this season, so we'll see. They shoulda done that LAST season...

Agree 100%

Campbell was looking for his last pay day

Jefferson was looking for highest bidder

Cooper..meh

I have no problems with this off season so far.

Look what the Patriots do. Today I was listening to the radio and they were talking about how the Pats not only won the Superbowl, but had 60 million in cap space. You don't do that by signing guys on the down side of their careers to huge contracts.

Not concerned at all. I remember how it went being on the other side of FA signing big names. Eagles, called the "Dream Team". Paper champions is all that they ended up being.

I'm not worried about it because it was what I was expecting, i.e. guys grabbing the premium paid by teams looking to fill a hole. As for Ellington, I'm still surprised at how quickly he disappeared. So with him re-signing I hope that says Arians has a plan to get him more involved, otherwise it's a waste and makes no sense. My biggest disappointment in the offseason is zero movement on the coaching staff, no accountability for the 7-8-1 crash and burn.

Disclaimer: All of the above is just my opinion
    Last edited by One_Heartbeat; 03-15-2017 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Add disclaimer

Wouldn't say I am overly worried about it, as noted there is only so much you can do.

Having said that I think we should have / could have retained Calais for this year. The thought to doing that would have been to get the extension done with Chandler first, freeing up our Tag (And overpaying a little) for Calais. We probably wouldn't be in the position we are with Jefferson, had we approached the situation differently last year, but that was last year.

The rest doesn't bug me much. We should be rightfully concerned a little about our Secondary, but we needed to be worried about that anyway.

Let's nail this draft, and we have a killer trio on D going forward as a nucleus. Next year we'll be a team with alot of Cap space to make some of these moves that we may be longing for now.
    No more Snyder.

Thank you, somebody gets it, im not worried at all,
    "It's OUR Time"

Quote Originally Posted by The What? View Post
    Wouldn't say I am overly worried about it, as noted there is only so much you can do.

Having said that I think we should have / could have retained Calais for this year. The thought to doing that would have been to get the extension done with Chandler first, freeing up our Tag (And overpaying a little) for Calais. We probably wouldn't be in the position we are with Jefferson, had we approached the situation differently last year, but that was last year.

The rest doesn't bug me much. We should be rightfully concerned a little about our Secondary, but we needed to be worried about that anyway.

Let's nail this draft, and we have a killer trio on D going forward as a nucleus. Next year we'll be a team with alot of Cap space to make some of these moves that we may be longing for now.
    You can't free up the Tag.

The Card's would have needed a signed deal before Tag day with CJ to even consider tagging CC.

The only thing I'm worried about is....that's 4 guys we lost from our starting defensive unit. Probably going to loose Minter also, so now that's 5 starters we have lost on D. Three of those guys were key cogs on D. CC, Jefferson, and Sweringer. MInter was servicable as was Cooper. Both those guys could have been up graded, but the Cards could have got along just fine with them still as starters. That's a lot of starters to loose from 1 unit, and we really don't know who or how good the back up will be.