Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Am i the only one?

Quote Originally Posted by Sillysoft View Post
    Here is a quick article talking about Campbell and his decision. Looks like Broncos were pushing late to try and get him to sign with them... Campbell claims he didnt sign for money, but Im sure a team that just signed you to a bunch of money doesnt want to hear you saying "Yeah this team sucks but hey, money money money!". So its expected for him to talk up the Jags. Which is fine, you only have so long in the NFL, getting paid is nothing to be ashamed of.

Calais Campbell: I felt I could add more value to Jaguars
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ue-to-jaguars/
    Ditto. I'm guessing DEN played the hometown discount card first to get into CC's head. CC didn't bite.

I can't blame CC for taking the JAGs money. Nice payday. Money always wins, never losses, in the sports business. And malarkey always walks, even at SB winners.

Quote Originally Posted by KerryRhodes26 View Post
    Who isn't worried about the free agents we're losing?

You have to make decisions on whether or not the guy is worth the money he wants and I've felt that in every case, the guy got more money somewhere else than he's worth.

Calais Campbell = People know my feelings about him. I think he's a very good player, but he ain't $15 million good. He ain't even $12 million good.

Tony Jefferson = I was early on liking this guy as an UDFA. Wish we could've kept him, but at $9 million, hahaha

Cooper = Good pickup, would've potentially like to kept him but again, not at his value. Same with Swearinger.

I'm actually a little annoyed that we re-signed Ellington. As Burns stated on their show yesterday, "yes there's no risk, but there's also no reward." I've put Ellington in the same mold that I put Rob Housler=time to move on. Maybe a change of scenery would've been good for Ellington. Unless they're going to revamp his workload, I see him just taking up a roster spot for the entire season.

I'm not saying that we're automatically going to find players better than each of the players listed above, but in this day and age, you have to make sacrifices and I think the best teams in the NFL are teams that know when it's best to move on from a player.
    No, you aren't the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    What effect? It's hard to believe we can be anymore mediocre than we were last year. This team was out of contention early and padded the stats late. Our division was awful and we faced Wilson once when he was clearly incapable of moving. We have a decent draft, get a decent No. 2 CB and Mathieu comes back our D could be better. Getting rid of Floyd should help our O. How many first downs were left on the field early in the season by that **** pile? If both Browns are healthy and the OL comes back healthy we are a much better team.
    my friend something will always be broken or injured on a team. That's why you have to have a head coach who is going at every detail with a 24/7 commitment. You think BB would allow our special teams coach to maintain his job. You think any good organization would not step in and say "I get he's your drinking buddy but he's gone".
    Super Bruce is a fine coach in many aspects but what you are witnessing is his undoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    No doubt, as you are such a fine purveyor of truth, you'll recycle my posts showing that I suggested overpaying either of these two. I thought the Bennett deal (3 yrs - $30m) was in the range for CC and the Cards final offer (3 years, $34m, $17m guaranteed) shows that the people who actually have skin in this game were in general agreement. I had no real opinion on what to do with Jefferson beyond hopefully keeping him. I saw Swearinger as a good fall back but for reasons unknown, they decided to pass.
    You went on and on about "we have the cap space to sign him". He was gone. You should just listen to me instead of wasting so much time with those mediocre opinions.
    season ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    my friend something will always be broken or injured on a team. That's why you have to have a head coach who is going at every detail with a 24/7 commitment. You think BB would allow our special teams coach to maintain his job. You think any good organization would not step in and say "I get he's your drinking buddy but he's gone".
    Super Bruce is a fine coach in many aspects but what you are witnessing is his undoing.

Again with the BB comparisons. He's the best HC in the modern history of the game. He has coaches taken from his staff every year, it doesn't matter. I think the Cardinals are a good organization. I think Arians wasn't healthy last year and was off his game. I think we didn't adequately replace our long snapper last year. I think Floyd was a drug addict last year and his backup went out with a season ending injury. I think John Brown was hurt most of last year. I think our OL was decimated last year. I think Mathieu was hurt last year. I think our No. 2 CB position wasn't adequately maned last year. I think our punter sucked last year and the coverage team was thin and made up of way to many second rate players who did the best they could.

Ppl Please stop quoting Ari ++S.

Makes a reader wanna puke to see that drivel quoted all the time. Otherwise some good discussion until "what's his face" get quoted and I can see the bull splatter again. Do we have a vomit smilie??? Nope we don't, dang it.

JosEPh

Again with the BB comparisons. He's the best HC in the modern history of the game. He has coaches taken from his staff every year, it doesn't matter. I think the Cardinals are a good organization. I think Arians wasn't healthy last year and was off his game. I think we didn't adequately replace our long snapper last year. I think Floyd was a drug addict last year and his backup went out with a season ending injury. I think John Brown was hurt most of last year. I think our OL was decimated last year. I think Mathieu was hurt last year. I think our No. 2 CB position wasn't adequately maned last year. I think our punter sucked last year and the coverage team was thin and made up of way to many second rate players who did the best they could.
    NE didn't have their QB for first 4 games. The lost gronk for the playoffs.

Every team in the NFL faces adversity. A long list of injuries are part of football. What separates the winners and losers is attention to detail and of course talent.

Do you really think Super Bruce can overcome anything significant? He has the most assistants in the league I believe. The lack of accountability with this turnaround we've seen will be their undoing.

We don't need to be NE. But we can learn from their approach.
    season ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Sillysoft View Post
    Here is a quick article talking about Campbell and his decision. Looks like Broncos were pushing late to try and get him to sign with them... Campbell claims he didnt sign for money, but Im sure a team that just signed you to a bunch of money doesnt want to hear you saying "Yeah this team sucks but hey, money money money!". So its expected for him to talk up the Jags. Which is fine, you only have so long in the NFL, getting paid is nothing to be ashamed of.

Calais Campbell: I felt I could add more value to Jaguars
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ue-to-jaguars/
    Yep, I remember watching an interview when Jeff Blake was signed in 2003, he was asked about why he chose the Cardinals he said "the organization". Yep, the Cardinals organization was known around the league for its awesomeness in 2003.

And despite all of that we still won 7 games. Imagine what'll happen when all of that is fixed again. It's gonna be a good year this year

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    Yep, I remember watching an interview when Jeff Blake was signed in 2003, he was asked about why he chose the Cardinals he said "the organization". Yep, the Cardinals organization was known around the league for its awesomeness in 2003.
    Somehow I don't feel a lot of sincerity here.
    season ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post

You went on and on about "we have the cap space to sign him". He was gone. You should just listen to me instead of wasting so much time with those mediocre opinions.
    And we did have the space to make the offer I suggested given that it mirrors the Card's final offer.

Where does this drinking buddy crap come from?
    Last edited by Crazy-Canuck; 03-16-2017 at 08:07 AM.