Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next Years Cap??

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Not saying I want him, but we'd be in a very strong position to outbid everybody for Kirk Cousins.

I wouldnt be surprised if we did.
    I'd rather see us go after Stafford. To me he is much better than Cousins and Stafford can consistently make all the throws & fit in to BA's system.
    Opinions are like armpits everyone has a couple & they usually stink.

Quote Originally Posted by vwvectors View Post
    I'd rather see us go after Stafford. To me he is much better than Cousins and Stafford can consistently make all the throws & fit in to BA's system.
    I'm afraid that ship has sailed. We needed Detroit's record in 2016 to more accurately reflect their talent-level.

They were losing in the 4th quarter of 16 of their 17 games. They were pretty much a 4-12 team that just got super lucky and vastly outperformed their Pythagorean Win Expectancy.

The hope was that Ford would realize they are never going anywhere with Stafford, so it would make more sense to let him and his $100M+ contract go, and draft a cheap QB they could control for 5 years while spending that money elsewhere.

They could have drafted a QB in the top-5 this year, and had him learn the system for one year before letting Stafford walk.

But with an out-of-the-blue 9-7 record and a playoff appearance, Ford won't be able to sell that plan to the fan base. Stafford will get re-upped, for a BUNCH of money (like 5/$150M)

A much more likely scenario is Sam Bradford, if Teddy Bridgewater checks out medically and gets back to 100% for 2018.

I'd like Bortles and Robinson to come to Arizona. Much prefer Bortles to Bradford.

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    A much more likely scenario is Sam Bradford, if Teddy Bridgewater checks out medically and gets back to 100% for 2018.
    Puke, Sam Bradford. Doesn't matter though, Bridgewater is done. Man I wish we had drafted him though.
    No more Snyder.