Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LeGarrette Blount

Would love to see a RB. That not just run the ball. But catch it as well. Like Matt Forte!
    December to Remember!

Quote Originally Posted by Passepartout View Post
    Would love to see a RB. That not just run the ball. But catch it as well. Like Matt Forte!
    Well Blount would not be the best choice then...

Started this post two months ago and thought if he could be had cheap would be the between the tackles, mean, short yardage traditional back to compliment nice guy DJ. Sounds like we at least expressed interest and possibly an offer. I think he would have been a great asset, and still think we need a bulldozer RB.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Started this post two months ago and thought if he could be had cheap would be the between the tackles, mean, short yardage traditional back to compliment nice guy DJ. Sounds like we at least expressed interest and possibly an offer. I think he would have been a great asset, and still think we need a bulldozer RB.
    right. If something god forbid happens to dj than we are really sol. Kw is a solid 3 not 2
    "It's OUR Time"

Blount is now in Philly. So you can forget him.

Problem with trying to control the clock with a passing game is you don't. Throw an incompletion and the clock stops. So you used maybe 6 or 7 seconds. With a running play even if the back doesn't gain yards there is another 40 or so seconds taken off the clock. Not much but it could be the difference between winning and loosing. Do that tough 5 or 6 times and get a 1st down and you have taken at least 3 and a half minutes off the clock. And in the 4th quarter with under 7 minutes to go then it becomes a big deal. Especially if it's more than a 1 score difference.

I hope they wait it out until at least the first round of cuts. See if anyone serviceable gets cut like Chris Ivory. Ivory on a one year deal as a backup would be a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by DocCard View Post
    I hope they wait it out until at least the first round of cuts. See if anyone serviceable gets cut like Chris Ivory. Ivory on a one year deal as a backup would be a good fit.
    Wouldnt mind him
    "It's OUR Time"