Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LeGarrette Blount

Wouldn't mind Blount at all... too bad he'll just end up signing with the Pats for cheap again and keep producing. Honesty I think he just loves that team.

I will add I am actually really interesting in seeing how Penny plays this preseason. He impressed me wth what little I saw.
    Last edited by Ditship; 03-18-2017 at 02:37 PM.
    I don't care how you do it, JUST WIN!

How often are the Cards even in a position to use a big dude to blast into the line, pick up a yard or two, and control the clock? That used to be the function of a FB but that position is fading out of use.

Stephen Taylor filled that role to some degree and got his carries when Cards had the lead. But those times were few and far between.

Does BA even have more than a play or two that would utilize that type of player?

In that regard, I'd agree with a RB who could fill that role but also be important on special teams.

Remember when we could have had this guy off waivers. We'll probably keep running Ellington up the middle or maybe Kerwyn Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonram View Post
    How often are the Cards even in a position to use a big dude to blast into the line, pick up a yard or two, and control the clock? That used to be the function of a FB but that position is fading out of use.

Stephen Taylor filled that role to some degree and got his carries when Cards had the lead. But those times were few and far between.

Does BA even have more than a play or two that would utilize that type of player?

In that regard, I'd agree with a RB who could fill that role but also be important on special teams.
    I think we lost one and maybe two games because we didn't have and utilize this type of player last year. That could be on BA or just a fact of the personnel.

With Andre being strictly used as a wide out well more im thinking they sign a fa rb. They want someone identical to DJ. Blount and DJ. Thats cheating lol
    "It's OUR Time"

Great thread DH, I am convinced.

I would doubt we could get him in as cheap as the pats, but I read he might have a diminished role next year with NE so who knows.

Also concerned he put up career highs in a contract year, but again, well thought out by you and I am on board.

...........the ******** hung me in the spring of '25...........

Quote Originally Posted by LuisRoc View Post
    Resign Chris Johnson
    I agree, but I don't think CJ will resign with the Cardinals. They pretty much left him hung out to dry when they let him wilt on the IR last year. And that was after he had given them a big time home team discount year 2.

I would not be surprised if he had a really nice year next season, but Im guessing it won't be with the Cardinals. Although, CJ is such a nice guy that he may sign with them...
    Make a fast friend, Adopt a Greyhound!!!

Finally use Elijah Penny? I hate to say it but I feel like Blount may be asking for more of a number one running back type salary, and we already have us one of those. In fact our number one is better than Blount could be.
    As for worrying about his knee injury, don't. It was the same thing Stanton had in 2014 and it's been 3 months. DJ is fine again

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganCards View Post
    Finally use Elijah Penny? I hate to say it but I feel like Blount may be asking for more of a number one running back type salary, and we already have us one of those. In fact our number one is better than Blount could be.
    As for worrying about his knee injury, don't. It was the same thing Stanton had in 2014 and it's been 3 months. DJ is fine again
    18 FA RBs have been franchised, tendered or signed. No one is signing the older RBs and guys ranked higher who will not likely get number one RB salaries are still out there, like Adrian Peterson and Jamaal Charles. Now Marshawn Lynch is even re-emerging. And the salaries the signed RBs are getting are peanuts. I think Blount most likely signs back with the Pats for cheap, but I think if he is willing to leave he won't be expensive and is worth making a run at.

I'm not worried about DJ's knee recovery, but I am worried about how often RBs get injured and that our depth should he go down again is Penny and Williams, with Ellington apparently a WR now.

He's to big. Doesn't fit the system.
    The system calls for a smaller speedy RB going straight up the middle. DJ is actually to big for the system, but I think nobody expected him to become the superstar he is or they wouldn't have drafted him.