Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minter to Cincy

Minter wasn't terrible but he never showed his 2nd round pedigree (though trading back and passing on Teo obviously wasn't a terrible idea). No shock he isn't back. Would rather have Dansby this year but hope we have a young stuf ILB after this draft is over (1st-2nd rounder preferred).
    I don't care how you do it, JUST WIN!

Quote Originally Posted by captjack View Post
    Yep, I want Haasan, and move Buc back to safety. I want a killer back there, and I think Buc could fill that role.

Buc is a linebacker and was drafted to be one. It would be interesting to see him as a safety, but I think he's staying at linebacker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    You'd have to go back to Dansby's rookie, non-starting year in 2004 to find a year Dansby had less tackles than Minter had in his "breakout" year of 2016. Minter his never had a INT or TD, Dansby has 19 INTs and 6 TDs. Dansby is old and towards the end of his career but still bested Minter last year by 34 tackles! Dansby is not a long term answer but for 2017 at least is an upgrade on Minter.

Dansby 42 career sacks, Minter 5.

Sounds like they signed him as a starter, so I hope they pay him 2 million so he balances out Dansby's comp pick.
    I'm good with the "trade" - I think we've seen Minter's ceiling and he wasn't going to improve much more in our system. Maybe a change of scenery will do him good. We all know what Dansby could do in his prime, and I doubt he'll be worse than Minter. Hopefully with DBuc chasing plays, Dansby will be free to clean things up (like he did in 2013 with DWash).

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganCards View Post
    Buc is a linebacker and was drafted to be one. It would be interesting to see him as a safety, but I think he's staying at linebacker.
    Did he not play some safety his first year but struggle in coverage so he was moved to ILB?
    Last edited by McCollum,Travis; 03-19-2017 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Sounds like they signed him as a starter, so I hope they pay him 2 million so he balances out Dansby's comp pick.
    Wow, sounds like Minter will count as a $4.5 million, 1 year signing for Cincinnati...great for us!

From Walterfootball -- Colts sign ILB Sean Spence (1 year, $3 million): A Grade
    The Colts have a major need at inside linebacker. They tried to sign Kevin Minter, but weren't successful in those efforts. Minter signed with Cincinnati, so Indianapolis inked Sean Spence instead.

2 ILB's gone today -- starting to wonder if Zach Brown has a physical issue or else he just wants too much $$.

Minter's contract could be up to $4.5M -- http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...nter/99358012/

P.S. I do have some concerns since everyone in our division will be run-heavy Hyde-Gurley-Lacy/Rawls and so our LB's who are quick need to hold up in run defense.
    Last edited by SurpriseCardFan; 03-19-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McCollum,Travis View Post
    Did he not play some safety his first year but struggle in coverage so he was moved to ILB?
    Never played a down at Safety.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganCards View Post
    I'm pretty sure he was drafted to be a safety, visions of the next ADub (whose role was similiar in nickel as Bucs now) The suspension to some LB I don't remember created the need for Buc to move into the front seven. The way I remember it anyway.

I think you are right though, he probably stays at $.

...........the ******** hung me in the spring of '25...........

Quote Originally Posted by Birdgang95 View Post
    Good riddance. Now I'd love Foster or Reddick at 13. Otherwise, Cunningham or Davis round 2 if they are there. Need a young buck for Dansby to mentor.
    Ya, I could see an ILB at 13 too. Foster is just too good to pass up and there should be a cb in round 2 that would be a good fit opposite PP. I don't see Cunningham being there in round 2.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogsCards View Post
    Ya, I could see an ILB at 13 too. Foster is just too good to pass up and there should be a cb in round 2 that would be a good fit opposite PP. I don't see Cunningham being there in round 2.
    Yeah was just on NFL.com and some analysis believe Foster could drop to 13 and that the Cards would pick him in their latest mock drafts. Yes I know, mock drafts. However if he does drop to 13 I really hope Cards pick him up.

https://www.facebook.com/BamaHammerF...0772684357286/