Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any word on our Young guys?

Default Any word on our Young guys?

Anyone have any insight as to the progress of the young guys on our roster? We’ve lost the middle of our D to FA. Do we have the replacements on the roster?

Will Gunther and/or Nkmd be ready to assume CC’s role?

Will Scobby Wright/Fua be ready to step in at MLB?

Any word on HB rehab from yet another season-ending injuries—has his burst and following speed returned or has his physical ability been permanently damaged?

Is Branch healthy?

Has Bethel’s foot finally healed for him to run pain-free?

Is Mauro ready to be a prime-time starter?

Ditto some players on Offense. Have our WRs all healed? Will JB be able to play through his health issues?

(Add your own questions regarding our young back-ups/soon to be starters?)

Will Harlan Miller develop into a solid back-up and eventually even become a starter at S or CB?

Excellent thread and something I have thought about as well. I truly believe Keim is factoring your Bobs, H Millers, Pennys, Toners into the equation. I love the young talent on this team. I feel like Keim believes in the draft, and the undrafted draft as well.
    Last edited by BulldogsCards; 03-20-2017 at 09:57 AM.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

A little hard to have these answers now, but yeah once OTA's start these are all important questions.

Young guys have to step up, plain and simple.

I am more than okay drafting a RB and I hope we do. I am also okay (assuming they like Penny) going into the season with DJ, KW, Penny and Ellington. I am still so surprised we signed him as he contributes nothing on special teams and we didn't use him on offense. I think they must have a plan for him and I am excited to get him in space with the ball.

As far as LB's Fua was big on special teams and maybe Wright can be as well. I think Sio Moore will have a bigger role on D so I hope we can get him signed.

Miller or Bethel can take on the Safety type role. Bethel was better playing in Badgers spot. We need a corner thank goodness this is such a solid draft for them, just hope we pick the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by Belac44 View Post
    A little hard to have these answers now, but yeah once OTA's start these are all important questions.

Young guys have to step up, plain and simple.

I am more than okay drafting a RB and I hope we do. I am also okay (assuming they like Penny) going into the season with DJ, KW, Penny and Ellington. I am still so surprised we signed him as he contributes nothing on special teams and we didn't use him on offense. I think they must have a plan for him and I am excited to get him in space with the ball.

As far as LB's Fua was big on special teams and maybe Wright can be as well. I think Sio Moore will have a bigger role on D so I hope we can get him signed.

Miller or Bethel can take on the Safety type role. Bethel was better playing in Badgers spot. We need a corner thank goodness this is such a solid draft for them, just hope we pick the right one.
    Why havent we signed the guy??? He looked pretty good when he came in for injured Buc..I mean he was literally another version of Kevin Minter with just a little more speed..

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Beavers View Post
    Why havent we signed the guy??? He looked pretty good when he came in for injured Buc..I mean he was literally another version of Kevin Minter with just a little more speed..
    I am not sure what is going on over there.

Huh? He wasn't playing Minter's position.

Moore was signed as a ST guy and then played $LB when Bucannon went down.

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Huh? He wasn't playing Minter's position.

Moore was signed as a ST guy and then played $LB when Bucannon went down.
    I know he wasnt playing Minters position .. I said " he looked good when he came in for the injured Buc" at no point did I say he played Minters position

I know he wasnt playing Minters position .. I said " he looked good when he came in for the injured Buc" at no point did I say he played Minters position
    Fair enough, but then why post this:

I mean he was literally another version of Kevin Minter with just a little more speed..
    Might as well just say "he's a bigger Patrick Peterson without Patrick's speed." There is no point, in any way, to try to compare the $LB in Bettcher's system to the SILB.

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Fair enough, but then why post this:

Might as well just say "he's a bigger Patrick Peterson without Patrick's speed." There is no point, in any way, to try to compare the $LB in Bettcher's system to the SILB.
    Grumpy today?

Out of all the ignorant stuff splattered around here you are worried about that comment? Moore could play either spot and proved he could play if called upon. He is worth signing. Cards have had to move players around because of injuries, roles are ever evolving.