Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any word on our Young guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Belac44 View Post
    Grumpy today?

Out of all the ignorant stuff splattered around here you are worried about that comment? Moore could play either spot and proved he could play if called upon. He is worth signing. Cards have had to move players around because of injuries, roles are ever evolving.
    He'd be a good lawyer dude will literally argue with a shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Fair enough, but then why post this:

Might as well just say "he's a bigger Patrick Peterson without Patrick's speed." There is no point, in any way, to try to compare the $LB in Bettcher's system to the SILB.
    Because that was my opinion based on his play .. Jesus dude, its a nice sunny day out today dont harsh your mellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Beavers View Post
    He'd be a good lawyer dude will literally argue with a shadow.
    Oh I know and I think Cardinals hired him to put positive spin on everything.

WVCards, I am still waiting for this announcement of Momah being cut

Its all good, just thought that was a bit harsh and unnecessary to attack that comment.

Maybe the Cards will give us something fun and positive to talk about soon.

Go Cards!

he's just angry that the giants signed Geno Smith and the cards didn't go after him

Grumpy today?

Out of all the ignorant stuff splattered around here you are worried about that comment? Moore could play either spot and proved he could play if called upon. He is worth signing. Cards have had to move players around because of injuries, roles are ever evolving.
    Lol.

Nope, actually in a good mood.

But no, none of us should be, with any degree of certainty, confident that Moore could play SILB for Arizona. He displayed very good lateral quickness and shot gaps well in place of Bucannon, but that's not at all what he would be asked to do if playing Minter's spot. In that role, he would be tasked with more diagnosing gaps, disengaging blockers, and holding ground. Not sure if Moore could do that adequately, simply because he has no sample size to reference.

My point was simply that it wasn't relevant to even mention Minter in a post about Moore.

Cool

Oh I know and I think Cardinals hired him to put positive spin on everything.

WVCards, I am still waiting for this announcement of Momah being cut

Its all good, just thought that was a bit harsh and unnecessary to attack that comment.

Maybe the Cards will give us something fun and positive to talk about soon.

Go Cards!
    I have half this board calling me a homer, and the other half calling me a hater, so I'll take that as if I'm one of the more even-keeled posters.

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    I have half this board calling me a homer, and the other half calling me a hater, so I'll take that as if I'm one of the more even-keeled posters.
    I'm fortunate in that everyone on the board loves me.
    season ticket holder

One more thread flushed down the spiral of 'I'm smarter than you . . . no, I'm smarter than you . . . That's what she said."

As to Sio Moore, I recall him making a few big plays in the short time he was starting. Whether that is some kind of true test of his ability and what he has to offer long-term is another matter. In 2016, he was on three different teams. He has some ability or else he wouldn't be hanging around the league and being given chances. He looked to be making progress in Oakland his second year. What's the reason he is bouncing around?

Just wish we had some metrics on how he graded out with the Card coaches on every play and not just on the splash plays that make such an impression on fans watching on TV.

Sio Moore's stats: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...M/MoorSi00.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonram View Post
    One more thread flushed down the spiral of 'I'm smarter than you . . . no, I'm smarter than you . . . That's what she said."

As to Sio Moore, I recall him making a few big plays in the short time he was starting. Whether that is some kind of true test of his ability and what he has to offer long-term is another matter. In 2016, he was on three different teams. He has some ability or else he wouldn't be hanging around the league and being given chances. He looked to be making progress in Oakland his second year. What's the reason he is bouncing around?

Just wish we had some metrics on how he graded out with the Card coaches on every play and not just on the splash plays that make such an impression on fans watching on TV.

Sio Moore's stats: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...M/MoorSi00.htm
    I, for one, don't think I'm any smarter or dumber than anyone else.

One thing that is bothersome about text is that it's impossible to judge tone.

Apparently, my post came off as condescending. That was not my intent.

I think we need a little luck in the draft and a lot of young players will have to deliver. I am not expecting much this season but I could be pleasantly surprised but not holding my breath on that view. I think the losses were just too much to overcome. I think what the front office does now might be part just for this season in free agency that is and the draft I feel is about the future without fitz and Palmer. This team appears to be in rebuild mold or darn near to it. I don't think it's a major rebuild it's to find defensive players to replace losses and a #1 Wr and especially a Qb.
    Last edited by Redbirdfan62; 03-21-2017 at 07:14 AM.