Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 AZ Cardinals Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Allen has been seconded, but for the Cards pick rules are the pick needs three in agreement. I'm holding off as I nominated the 8th pick, and I'd like to see some options debated. The idea of our young bookend OLBs paired with Allen and Nkemdiche and spelled by Gunter is pretty appealing. Two very good WRs available that would fit a need. CBs galore. A TE who might be a better WR weapon than those two WRs. And QBOF's.

This is pretty realistic to the choice that I think BASK will face at 13. Some top 5-10 player will slip, and we will have to choose BPA or "reach" for a QBOF.
    I still do not see the Allen 2nd, who did it?

The problem with the current '2nd' system is that we dont have enough active participants to wait multiple rounds.

should just let anybody vote/nominate regardless if they already did. Up the bar to 5 2nds.

I'd also like to wait and see what some of our other regular commenters think. Apparently some of them have jobs on Friday mornings...

We have Allen with 2 noms and Mahomes with 1.

I'm not nominating yet but here's my opinion as I think through obvious options.

A trade down would be nice here but not too far down, IF the thinking is Mahomes. However, it takes two to tango AND you risk someone jumping you, as I think a slight trade down would make Keim's intentions clear to the league. If they want Mahomes or maybe Kizer, probably best to not be cute and bite the bullet.

A CB is a need but only one has been taken so far, and I see so many comparable CB talents there that one should be available with our second or maybe even third pick.

A WR or stud TE is a nice thing this year and probably need for the future if Larry goes, but I think our offense is pretty set as long as CP stays healthy, which depends on CP and our Oline. And again, there is a deep class of WRs to wait till the later rounds.

An ILB like Reddick is a possibility, but is he at the stud level Allen is at? A position like Allen is expensive when they pan out...stud ILBs can be bought in FA for much cheaper.

I'd also like to wait and see what some of our other regular commenters think. Apparently some of them have jobs on Friday mornings...

I'm not nominating yet but here's my opinion as I think through obvious options.

A trade down would be nice here but not too far down, IF the thinking is Mahomes. However, it takes two to tango AND you risk someone jumping you, as I think a slight trade down would make Keim's intentions clear to the league. If they want Mahomes or maybe Kizer, probably best to not be cute and bite the bullet.

A CB is a need but only one has been taken so far, and I see so many comparable CB talents there that one should be available with our second or maybe even third pick.

A WR or stud TE is a nice thing this year and probably need for the future if Larry goes, but I think our offense is pretty set as long as CP stays healthy, which depends on CP and our Oline. And again, there is a deep class of WRs to wait till the later rounds.

An ILB like Reddick is a possibility, but is he at the stud level Allen is at? A position like Allen is expensive when they pan out...stud ILBs can be bought in FA for much cheaper.
    Im at work now, we can wait if you want but then we need a bigger vote than first to 3, also you are still counting wrong Mahomes 2 Allen 1

Quote Originally Posted by CARdizzles View Post
    Im at work now, we can wait if you want but then we need a bigger vote than first to 3, also you are still counting wrong Mahomes 2 Allen 1
    You are correct, it's Allen 1, Williams 1, Mahomes 2.

Let's wait and see if an Aris or WV, PalmerCard or Canuck, or one of the several other MIA commenters pipe in. We have 6 days until the real thing. Until then, express opinions on the other "obvious" choices left or on the possibility here for a realistic trade down.

You are correct, it's Allen 1, Williams 1, Mahomes 2.

Let's wait and see if an Aris or WV, PalmerCard or Canuck, or one of the several other MIA commenters pipe in. We have 6 days until the real thing. Until then, express opinions on the other "obvious" choices left or on the possibility here for a realistic trade down.
    Hey I'm fine with that, lol I have been waiting for my fellow Mahomers anyway. But like I said let's change the rules to the pick that most people support not just first to 3. You are right everyone should get a chance to weigh in on this one, we can just go consensus, if that works for everyone.

I have to leave for a while so I'll put my 2 cents in now:

The Texans are praying to God the Cards trade back here. Right or wrong they will snatch Mahomes if they get any chance whatsoever. I'm not talkin' about this mock as much as next Thursday obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by CardCore View Post
    I have to leave for a while so I'll put my 2 cents in now:

The Texans are praying to God the Cards trade back here. Right or wrong they will snatch Mahomes if they get any chance whatsoever. I'm not talkin' about this mock as much as next Thursday obviously.
    Texans are who I was thinking of when I mentioned the risk of moving back. However, if we did find a trade partner to say 18, Texans might have a tough time trading up to 14-17 from 25. Teams would know they were desperate, and the cost to them risky. Could you imagine the fan base if Mahomes turned out to be a bust after trading up, combined with the Osweiler bust? Talk about setting a franchise back.

So...where are we?
    Can we see an updated list of players taken so I can fully evaluate the Cards choices? Is it back on a certain page somewhere?
    Last edited by lacardsfan; 04-21-2017 at 01:51 PM.
    CP3 in AZ baby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lacardsfan View Post
    So...where are we?
    2 Mahomes, 1 Williams, 1 Allen.