Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Cardinals Schedule

Not a fan of having to go on the road twice to open the season. Shows zero respect to a fanbase who has sold out home games for the good part of a decade.
    Last edited by native az; 04-21-2017 at 10:53 AM.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    Not a fan of having to go on the road twice to open the season. Shows zero respect to a fanbase who has sold out home games for the good part of a decade.
    Except this means more home games for 2nd half of season which overrides the complaint.

JosEPh
    Last edited by JosEPh_II; 04-21-2017 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    Except this means more home games for 2nd half of season which overrides the complaint.

JosEPh
    Two different things.

My complaint isn't that we get late home games its that we don't get to celebrate the start of the season in our house until week 3.

Two different things.

My complaint isn't that we get late home games its that we don't get to celebrate the start of the season in our house until week 3.
    we've opened with home games in 2014, 2015 and 2016...

Quote Originally Posted by Switzerland View Post
    we've opened with home games in 2014, 2015 and 2016...
    Yep, but what does this have to do with this year and not having a home opener until almost a quarter of the season being over?

I'll stick with looking at the 'glass half full, 'native az.' No schedule is perfect. Every team will grouse about theirs, but I do not see BA being one of them. He'll get an emotional game with the Colts over early in the year and use it to better play Dallas on MNF. He will be better prepared this year to play a road divisional game and face Seattle on TNF, which we experienced last year.

The three straight home games should set us up for the three final games to qualify for the playoffs, maybe, even win the Division and get a Bye week. Team pride will carry us this year back to post-season, led, of course, by CP, DJ and Larry with a rejuvenated defense anchored by PP2 and Chandler Jones.

Yep, but what does this have to do with this year and not having a home opener until almost a quarter of the season being over?
    32 teams and all want to open at home, only 16 can. you can't expect to get it every single year, everyone has to go on the road to start the season.

we've had it good with 3 consecutive home openers, can't be too upset about the road in 2017...

If we opened with 3 road games I could almost agree with this...almost.

Well it's half of a quarter, since it is an 8th of the season. Why are you offended by this? We did not lose a home game for London, we get a bye near the middle of the year, we get three in a row near at home near the end of the year, and our home opener is a prime time game vs Americas team. Sure the first 2 are on the road and the last 3 games could be challenging, but sometimes teams have to open twice on the road, Greenbay did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Slick View Post
    I'll stick with looking at the 'glass half full, 'native az.' No schedule is perfect. Every team will grouse about theirs, but I do not see BA being one of them. He'll get an emotional game with the Colts over early in the year and use it to better play Dallas on MNF. He will be better prepared this year to play a road divisional game and face Seattle on TNF, which we experienced last year.

The three straight home games should set us up for the three final games to qualify for the playoffs, maybe, even win the Division and get a Bye week. Team pride will carry us this year back to post-season, led, of course, by CP, DJ and Larry with a rejuvenated defense anchored by PP2 and Chandler Jones.
    My comment is strictly for fan purpose. I am sure BA looks at the schedule entirely different.

For me the NFL is kind of like a celebration. I have become less of a sports fan through the years and more of a NFL fan. For me being able to open at home is a big deal. Not because it is an easier place to win for the team but more for the celebration aspect of the first game of the season in our house. Add in the fact that a division game will be played half way around the world which is also not fan friendly for us. So I look at the NFL and say 'do you appreciate the fans of your teams'. Looking at the Cards schedule this year I would say no.
    Last edited by native az; 04-21-2017 at 11:58 AM.