Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Daryl Washington conditionally reinstated

Thought this was a late April Fool's joke! Just about as bad though.

JosEPh

I hope he plays for the Cards. Will be rusty but it saves an early pick on a MLB. For $4.4 mil I think he is worth 1 more go round. Besides if he messes up, he is out the league permanently

Ooooookaaaay, so I didn't actually ever think we would get here.

1- Are we still interested? Well he definitely has done his time. Also more so now than in the past, we really could use the Talent infusion. However we have DBucc, in his former role. Which leads me to...

2- Can DWash play SILB for us. He is older and most likely slower and bigger than he was 4 years ago. It would be a challenge for him for him but we owe him nothing at this point ( at least from a positional standpoint, we owe him money, but more on that later ) I also think his learning curve would be less steep than a rookie. Plus Dwash and Dbucc is our best talent combination we could field.

3- Have the Cards already prepared for this? I know rules prohibit communication but, we are carrying some extra cap space at the moment, and the team is under manned at the LB position and we now owe him money. It has not been the Cardinals M.O. to rely on the draft to fill holes under the current Regime.

I do not know if DWash is still Welcome here, but it may be contractually/ cap managerially (not sure if I have invented that word or not lol) necessary to keep him on the team (at least this year).
    Last edited by CARdizzles; 04-25-2017 at 05:59 PM.

Finally bring him in and see what he has left.

Minter has had me hungry for a top ILB again for too long
    Last edited by NittanyCard; 04-25-2017 at 05:54 PM.

Seen D Wash personally at LA Fitness at 23rd Ave and Northern 2 times in the last 6 months. He's in solid shape, looks exact same as before looks wise, body wise, everything he's in great shape it seems. Not overweight.

You let him play. Period. Here's why

If he sucks cut him
    If he's a liability or PR nightmare cut him

But if he can still play and he goes somewhere else you're really really dumb.

You don't just lose that type of talent in a couple years his body hasn't taken hits he's only a couple years older.

I bet you by time playoff time rolls around and we play like the team we are capable of next year we'll be a playoff team he'll be an asset in the middle of the field making plays

D Wash probably won't be back to full speed to his former self until midway through the regular season but that's all we need.

Dansby Buc D Wash Jones Golden come on that LB corps is sick!!

Don't be dumb Cardinals, let the guy play and see if he has anything left.

Are there any date deadlines money wise? If not as far as if he can still go can't they just let him go through training camp/preseason to determine that?

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinalsfever View Post
    Seen D Wash personally at LA Fitness at 23rd Ave and Northern 2 times in the last 6 months. He's in solid shape, looks exact same as before looks wise, body wise, everything he's in great shape it seems. Not overweight.

You let him play. Period. Here's why

If he sucks cut him
    If he's a liability or PR nightmare cut him

But if he can still play and he goes somewhere else you're really really dumb.

You don't just lose that type of talent in a couple years his body hasn't taken hits he's only a couple years older.

I bet you by time playoff time rolls around and we play like the team we are capable of next year we'll be a playoff team he'll be an asset in the middle of the field making plays

D Wash probably won't be back to full speed to his former self until midway through the regular season but that's all we need.

Dansby Buc D Wash Jones Golden come on that LB corps is sick!!

Don't be dumb Cardinals, let the guy play and see if he has anything left.
    This post made me depressed. I miss him dearly.
    "It's OUR Time"

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    Lol

I better get two bowls of popcorn.
    Lawdy Lawdy...let the games begin
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting

Larry Fitzgerald‏ @LarryFitzgerald 13s14 seconds ago
    Very happy for Daryl Washington on his reinstatement today!! #AZCardinals

Cutting him is a $1.875 CAP hit. Therefore the Card's ' would probably have to take a $2.6 to $2.8m CAP hit to retain him in 2017.

Is he worth the extra million?