Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 421

Thread: Daryl Washington conditionally reinstated

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Tempe
    Posts
    6,837

    Default

    First of all I'm shocked and a bit upset the NFL dropped this 2 days before a draft. I've posted on this improbable moment before and I'll do it again now that it has happened.

    If reinstated, as he now is, it would be foolish not to bring him into camp. If we cut him, we pay him and get nothing but high dead cap hits.

    Bring him in and see if he can still play. See if he can gel with the players. Most of them are strangers. See if old wounds have healed between him and the organization.

    If he checks all the boxes, at best you have a relatively cheap stud ILB. They would have to see if he fits in now that Bucannon is there, but we should be able to find a spot for him if at even 70% of what he was.

    If he can play but doesn't fit, show the NFL he can play then trade him or cut him hoping he garners a later comp pick. But the NFL needs to see if he can play.

    At worst, he's done and you are sure about it and you move on.

    He's done his time. To be reinstated it means he has stayed clean through a long period of testing. I'm not clear on how the domestic violence thing will be handled as far as further suspensions...hopefully more clarification comes soon. Let's see who he is now as a person and player.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    CHANDLER
    Posts
    7,568

    Default

    LET HIM PLAY.


    We need him this year with all our losses on defense.

    If he looks like he can play give him a shot.
    The more you care..the more it hurts.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Tempe
    Posts
    6,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Cutting him is a $1.875 CAP hit. Therefore the Card's ' would probably have to take a $2.6 to $2.8m CAP hit to retain him in 2017.

    Is he worth the extra million?
    We need to find that out. Work him hard through camp physically and mentally. See if he is welcomed back as a teammate or if there is bad blood. Main Event's tweet from Leader Larry Fitz speaks volumes on that.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anAlypticOutlaw View Post
    What is Daryl's cap hit, and what type of damage does it do to the team's salary? Thanks in advance.
    I honestly don't know the answer, and not sure if ANYBODY does right now, because there are so many moving parts.

    Here are the basics:

    When Washington was suspended, and placed on the exempt list, his contract froze. So he has 4 years left on his deal.

    If he is cut, there will be SOME acceleration. How much? Don't know. The team will likely try to recoup some of his bonus money.

    Stay tuned LOL.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,911

    Default

    The gladiator sport where not many of these guys are choir boys.

    you don't want a team full of them (see the cowboys) but Daryl has paid his penance.

    He's a terrific athlete that's why I think he can come back if he's dedicated to the sport.

    I would welcome him back with a close eye on him.
    season ticket holder

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,577

    Default

    You 100% let him come to camp, there is zero reason not to. If he earns a roster spot great, if he doesn't...he doesn't. This is a no brainer. If Mike Bidwill decides to cut him as a PR move I will be pissed. If the guy can play then he needs to be able to show that.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal, QC - Canada
    Posts
    7,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    I honestly don't know the answer, and not sure if ANYBODY does right now, because there are so many moving parts.

    Here are the basics:

    When Washington was suspended, and placed on the exempt list, his contract froze. So he has 4 years left on his deal.

    If he is cut, there will be SOME acceleration. How much? Don't know. The team will likely try to recoup some of his bonus money.

    Stay tuned LOL.
    But, he's not payed for services not rendered (salary) and there's no acceleration of that.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    But, he's not payed for services not rendered (salary) and there's no acceleration of that.
    Correct. The question is simply how much of his bonus money accelerates. And the secondary question is how much can the Cardinals recoup if they cut him and petition the league to get that $ back.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal, QC - Canada
    Posts
    7,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamcardsfan View Post
    You 100% let him come to camp, there is zero reason not to. If he earns a roster spot great, if he doesn't...he doesn't. This is a no brainer. If Mike Bidwill decides to cut him as a PR move I will be pissed. If the guy can play then he needs to be able to show that.
    Retaining him maybe the so called PR move.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    MESA
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Cutting him is a $1.875 CAP hit. Therefore the Card's ' would probably have to take a $2.6 to $2.8m CAP hit to retain him in 2017.

    Is he worth the extra million?
    You're **** BLEEPING better believe he's worth it. I bet he plays better than minter even with his 3 year vacation.

    And the sports pundits saying "I DONT TOLERATE DOMESTIC VIOLENCE!" are cowards. You hold my two daughters from me or try taking them from me and I'll break more than your collarbone. She was trying to hold his child over his head and wanting more money. She should be in prison for that. Sad world we live in.
    In the league of the TRUE die hard Arizona Cardinals fans!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •