Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Draft Predictions Time Capsule

Raze is offline You cant handle the truth

Default 2017 Draft Predictions Time Capsule

DO NOT OPEN UNTIL January 2020

So I thought it'd be interesting to humble ourselves a little and make predictions concerning this draft. I figured we could bury this thread for 3 seasons and then bring it back up to see if we were even close. I'm just hoping I get one prediction right. I'll stick my neck out first.

(Pre-draft predictions)

1. Myles Garrett will be a mild bust. At best he Bruce Irvin.

2. Patrick Mahomes will be the best QB in the draft. Especially if he comes to AZ.

3. Solomon Thomas will be the best non QB player in the draft. Not much of a reach here, but I just can't believe Garrett will be taken over Thomas.

4. Chris Godwin will be a great all around player.

5. Chad Kelly will light it up, right before he gets carted off to prison.

After the thread dies down a bit I'll post the last comment and close it up.
    10 JRosen 47 CWilliams 97 MCole 134 DSchultz 182 EBrown 254 CToliver

1. Christian McCaffrey will be the ORY.

2. Malik Hooker will be the DRY.

3. Taco Charlton will have a lucrative endorsement deal with Taco Bell.

4. Reuben Foster will come out gangbusters, then succumb to disciplinary issues.

5. Fish Smithson will never play another game.

1. The best player out of this draft will be Forrest Lamp.

2. All the QBs will have moderate success, none franchise level. Mahomes struggles to learn pro-style systems.

3. Charles Harris will be a better pass rusher than Myles Garrett

4. Davis will be the best WR in this draft. Williams will be Michael Floyd-esque at best

5. The best CB in the draft will be Jourdan Lewis

6. DROTY - DT Allen

7. OROTY - Davis

8. OJ Howard is somewhat a bust because he doesnt love football

9. Foster gets in off-field trouble again

10. BA is no longer our head coach
    Last edited by Zaz; 04-27-2017 at 12:21 PM.

1. Watson continues to win and play clutch for whatever team he goes to

2. Turbisky never plays a down in the NFL

3. Mahomes is a gunslinger and makes the playoffs, but cant win the big game

4. Zay Jones is the best WR of the class.

5. Adoree Jackson is a special player and the most electrifying, until he gets hurt or has migraines

6. OJ Howard is the next Antonio Gates, Gonzales, Olson TE for years to come

7. Davis Webb sux

8. Everything I posted above is completely incorrect

P.S. I love this thread, should do it every year!!!
    Last edited by lacardsfan; 04-27-2017 at 12:30 PM.
    CP3 in AZ baby!!!

1. Zaz complains in every 2017-2020 gamemday thread that if we had only taken Lamp that sack wouldn't have happened or that hole for the arB would have been bigger.

2. Aris pines for the days we had Carson Palmer at QB.

3. C-C provides short, succinct and logical opinion on why all none of our future free agents will be cut, and is wrong about half the time.

4. WV will finally emerge correct regarding the impending doom in Seattle when their horrible Oline allows an aging Wilson to get injured, and salary cap issues prevent them from signing a top vet QB. However, he emerges correct again when QB Geno Smith is signed for the vet minimum and turns out to be a perennial pro-bowler for the Seahawks.

5. Raze is in his second year as a Cardinals scout, right hand man to Steve Keim.

6. Itacan is just not happy, predicting Cards finish 4th in the division, around 3 wins.

7. native_az meets DWash at his kid's pre-school Christmas play, and they become best friends.

8. I optimistically explain to Itacan why each position group is not in as poor shape as he thinks, based on potential improvement by younger players, health of formerly injured players, and staying power of old 1 year vets Keim has just signed. I predict 12-14 wins.

9. Jake Butt retires after a few years in the NFL, the most wealthy athlete in history, from his $1 million salary and obscene marketing deals and jersey sales after winning a trademark suit against the NFL.
    Last edited by Dry Heat; 04-27-2017 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    4. WV will finally emerge correct regarding the impending doom in Seattle when their horrible Oline allows an aging Wilson to get injured, and salary cap issues prevent them from signing a top vet QB. However, he emerges correct again when QB Geno Smith is signed for the vet minimum and turns out to be a perennial pro-bowler for the Seahawks.
    Haha! Good one.

Few technicalities here:
    1. I already HAVE been proven correct on Seattle. If you don't see the obvious decline year-to-year from 2013 until now... we'll I know you do, so I don't even need to qualify that.
    2. I NEVER said I thought Geno would be an All-Pro; I just thought he would have been in a great situation had Arizona drafted him, and that he would have had a good chance to be a franchise QB, playing with the Cardinals weapons, for an offensive-minded coach, in perfect homefield conditions, and in relative obscurity in Glendale (low pressure) where Kent Somers is more interested in what he is getting that morning at Einstein's Bagels than putting any player under the microscope.

But yeah, obviously I was wrong on Geno. If the dude had it in him, he would have overcome all the obstacles, no matter how great they were.
    Last edited by WVcardsFan; 04-27-2017 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Haha! Good one.

Few technicalities here:
    1. I already HAVE been proven correct on Seattle. If you don't see the obvious decline year-to-year from 2013 until now... we'll I know you do, so I don't even need to qualify that.
    2. I NEVER said I thought Geno would be an All-Pro; I just thought he would have been in a great situation had Arizona drafted him, and that he would have had a good chance to be a franchise QB, playing with the Cardinals weapons, for an offensive-minded coach, in perfect homefield conditions, and in relative obscurity in Glendale (low pressure) where Kent Somers is more interested in what he is getting that morning at Einstein's Bagels than putting any player under the microscope.

But yeah, obviously I was wrong on Geno. If the dude had it in him, he would have overcome all the obstacles, no matter how great they were.
    Just messing with everybody

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Just messing with everybody
    FOUL!! My "opinions" are not THAT short!

and with the 1st pick of the 2020 NFL Draft ....The AZ Cardinals Pick....
    Adios Compadres ...Its been a HOOT!

1. Chad Kelly will be a day one starter

2. Miles Garrett will be a bust

3. Leonard Fournette will rush for 1k year one

4. Mitchell T won't last 3 years. He'll be pulled by his 3rd game...game (meaning the CB's and LB's) is too fast for him.

5. Every team will wish they'd picked O.J. Howard

6. Christian McCaffrey will end up on the Broncos or the Pats by year 4

7. Ruben Foster will be feared in the likes of Patrick Willis

8. Mike Williams will play amazing plays, but just enough bone headed drops that'll make you wonder.

9. T.J. Watt will be picked #1 or #2 in a redraft project 3 years from now.

10. Gabriel Peppers will be an all pro 2 of his top 3 years

11. Every prediction I make today will be 100% wrong in 3 years
    Last edited by Cardinals; 04-27-2017 at 05:08 PM.
    Owner