Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Draft Predictions Time Capsule

1. Trubisky is another 1 year starter bust in the NFL.
    2. Watson sits the entire year.
    3. Fournette is average at best.
    4. Cards draft Mahomes and cut him in the off season.
    5. McCaffery is ROY
    New board come join us. http://arizonacardinals.freeforums.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    1. Zaz complains in every 2017-2020 gamemday thread that if we had only taken Lamp that sack wouldn't have happened or that hole for the arB would have been bigger.

2. Aris pines for the days we had Carson Palmer at QB.

3. C-C provides short, succinct and logical opinion on why all none of our future free agents will be cut, and is wrong about half the time.

4. WV will finally emerge correct regarding the impending doom in Seattle when their horrible Oline allows an aging Wilson to get injured, and salary cap issues prevent them from signing a top vet QB. However, he emerges correct again when QB Geno Smith is signed for the vet minimum and turns out to be a perennial pro-bowler for the Seahawks.

5. Raze is in his second year as a Cardinals scout, right hand man to Steve Keim.

6. Itacan is just not happy, predicting Cards finish 4th in the division, around 3 wins.

7. native_az meets DWash at his kid's pre-school Christmas play, and they become best friends.

8. I optimistically explain to Itacan why each position group is not in as poor shape as he thinks, based on potential improvement by younger players, health of formerly injured players, and staying power of old 1 year vets Keim has just signed. I predict 12-14 wins.

9. Jake Butt retires after a few years in the NFL, the most wealthy athlete in history, from his $1 million salary and obscene marketing deals and jersey sales after winning a trademark suit against the NFL.
    I am very suspect of #7. The rest are on point.
    New board come join us. http://arizonacardinals.freeforums.net/

1. Zaz complains in every 2017-2020 gamemday thread that if we had only taken Lamp that sack wouldn't have happened or that hole for the arB would have been bigger.

3. C-C provides short, succinct and logical opinion on why all none of our future free agents will be cut, and is wrong about half the time.

4. WV will finally emerge correct regarding the impending doom in Seattle when their horrible Oline allows an aging Wilson to get injured, and salary cap issues prevent them from signing a top vet QB. However, he emerges correct again when QB Geno Smith is signed for the vet minimum and turns out to be a perennial pro-bowler for the Seahawks.

5. Raze is in his second year as a Cardinals scout, right hand man to Steve Keim.

6. Itacan is just not happy, predicting Cards finish 4th in the division, around 3 wins.

7. native_az meets DWash at his kid's pre-school Christmas play, and they become best friends.

8. I optimistically explain to Itacan why each position group is not in as poor shape as he thinks, based on potential improvement by younger players, health of formerly injured players, and staying power of old 1 year vets Keim has just signed. I predict 12-14 wins.

9. Jake Butt retires after a few years in the NFL, the most wealthy athlete in history, from his $1 million salary and obscene marketing deals and jersey sales after winning a trademark suit against the NFL.
    Good Stuff!!
    Last edited by RimrockCard; 04-29-2017 at 08:01 PM.
    Adios Compadres ...Its been a HOOT!

Raze is offline You cant handle the truth

Alright, I'm closing it up and changing the opening date till after the season is over.

I think it's an obvious lock that Dry Heat will have the most predictions come true (minus #5).

If I'm not around in February 2020 after the SB, someone else feel free to open this back up. I look forward to looking back at our 3 SB wins together with you guys.

DO NOT OPEN UNTIL FEBRUARY 2020
    10 JRosen 47 CWilliams 97 MCole 134 DSchultz 182 EBrown 254 CToliver

Attention Mod of 2020...Please open This thread as outlined by Raze
    Thank you From a life long Card fan/Mod that didn`t make this long

.. might as well open these up
    Last edited by RimrockCard; 05-03-2018 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post

10. BA is no longer our head coach
    nailed it

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Haha! Good one.

Few technicalities here:
    1. I already HAVE been proven correct on Seattle. If you don't see the obvious decline year-to-year from 2013 until now... we'll I know you do, so I don't even need to qualify that.
    2. I NEVER said I thought Geno would be an All-Pro; I just thought he would have been in a great situation had Arizona drafted him, and that he would have had a good chance to be a franchise QB, playing with the Cardinals weapons, for an offensive-minded coach, in perfect homefield conditions, and in relative obscurity in Glendale (low pressure) where Kent Somers is more interested in what he is getting that morning at Einstein's Bagels than putting any player under the microscope.

But yeah, obviously I was wrong on Geno. If the dude had it in him, he would have overcome all the obstacles, no matter how great they were.
    You've been predicting Seattle's decline for some time now. Based on almost every team's small windows somehow this makes you right.

I predict a hurricane hits the east coast sometime in the next 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    You've been predicting Seattle's decline for some time now. Based on almost every team's small windows somehow this makes you right.

I predict a hurricane hits the east coast sometime in the next 12 months.
    Incorrect. I have predicted each year since 2014 that Seattle would be getting gradually worse due to bad drafting by Schneider, having to pay their best players, losing Free Agents and depth, and roster decay.

How have I been wrong?

Wins since 2014: 12, 10, 10, 9

YOU, on the other hand, kept saying that Seattle was elite, even though they have fewer NFC Championship appearances than Arizona since 2015.

I had no idea this thread was around.. Hilarious and such a great idea.