Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 80

Thread: Welcome to the arizona cardinals Haason Reddick our #1 draft pick

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4U2NV View Post
    Please give us a detailed explanation for how you came to this conclusion. I'm sure you've watched tons of Temple games the past couple years to support your argument. Reddick destroyed the senior bowl and has the potential to be a better Daryl Washington than he himself was. Reddick is a better pure pass rusher it just remains to be seen how much better he'll get in coverage. He certainly has the ability to drop in coverage as he showed during the senior bowl, practices, and combine. He's a freak athlete who has the attitude you want in your 1st round pick.
    Because he's only played linebacker for 2 years. And he only played college ball for 2 years.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4U2NV View Post
    Please give us a detailed explanation for how you came to this conclusion. I'm sure you've watched tons of Temple games the past couple years to support your argument. Reddick destroyed the senior bowl and has the potential to be a better Daryl Washington than he himself was. Reddick is a better pure pass rusher it just remains to be seen how much better he'll get in coverage. He certainly has the ability to drop in coverage as he showed during the senior bowl, practices, and combine. He's a freak athlete who has the attitude you want in your 1st round pick.
    He is not a LB he played DE in college at a lower level of competition. People were upset that a QB this year would have to learn to play in the pocket, but a LB that has learn the entire position is cool? Reddick is at best a Tyrann type player in the front seven, with crazy versatility, but is far more likely a man out of position his entire career. I am not a fan of drafting guys to play one position because they would be unable to play their real position at the NFL level.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chandler
    Posts
    2,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CARdizzles View Post
    You just highlighted his entire career. Not just this year the entire thing. Not a starter.
    Haha, okay then. Talk to you in two years.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belac44 View Post
    Haha, okay then. Talk to you in two years.
    Do you think that would hurt me? I would love to be wrong and that be the case, drafting a first round bust is not a win for me. However at this time I believe this to be a poor pick.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CARdizzles View Post
    He is not a LB he played DE in college at a lower level of competition. People were upset that a QB this year would have to learn to play in the pocket, but a LB that has learn the entire position is cool? Reddick is at best a Tyrann type player in the front seven, with crazy versatility, but is far more likely a man out of position his entire career. I am not a fan of drafting guys to play one position because they would be unable to play their real position at the NFL level.
    You mean like Bucannon? When a guy can play mutiple positions that's not a bad thing. It doesn't make him a man without a position. Reddick played off-ball some in college so it's not like he's going to be brand new to it. Not good competition? They played Penn St, Navy, Cincinnati, and USF this year which were all good programs. Guess you wouldn't have picked Khalil Mack either.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4U2NV View Post
    You mean like Bucannon? When a guy can play mutiple positions that's not a bad thing. It doesn't make him a man without a position. Reddick played off-ball some in college so it's not like he's going to be brand new to it. Not good competition? They played Penn St, Navy, Cincinnati, and USF this year which were all good programs. Guess you wouldn't have picked Khalil Mack either.
    Fitting that you mention Buccannon because now we have him Reddick and maybe Dwash at the same position. Lets just feild an all WILB team.

    And those are all average at best programs.
    Last edited by CARdizzles; 04-27-2017 at 09:24 PM.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CARdizzles View Post
    Fitting that you mention Buccannon because now we have him Reddick and maybe Dwash at the same position. Lets just feild an all WILB team.

    And those are all average at best programs.
    Completely ignore most of my argument, say Reddick will play the same position as Bucannon, and then call 3 teams that were ranked in the top 25 with 1 who played in the Rose Bowl average at best programs. You're really convincing some people out here you know what you're talking about!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal, QC - Canada
    Posts
    7,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CARdizzles View Post
    Do you think that would hurt me? I would love to be wrong and that be the case, drafting a first round bust is not a win for me. However at this time I believe this to be a poor pick.
    This is a guy who has been called a faster, better pass rusher and better in coverage than Jamie Collins.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    This is a guy who has been called a faster, better pass rusher and better in coverage than Jamie Collins.
    Cool except we draft him as an ILB in a 3-4

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Tempe
    Posts
    6,616

    Default

    Welcome to the Bird Gang Reddick. Nice choice on tie color.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •