Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Qb's in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    The issue with the 2018 draft is that if we are more successful in the 2017 season than 2016 it will cost much more to move up to grab a guy, and if Palmer retires it will cost even more as teams will know our desperation. In addition, other QB needy teams will have further incentive to jump ahead of us. I think we will first find a vet in FA.
    Yep....even that's going to be tough

Allen, Rosen, Darnold. Fine with either of the 3, if the staff identifies one of them as our guy and we have to give up a massive haul to get one then so be it.

Browning might be a good QB when he comes out. It's not certain he will come out next year. I think he will only be a junior and had no red shirt season. Now I would love him, but I don't think he fits the Cards style. He will be more of a west coast guy just like Watson is. I don't think Watson was really on the Cards radar this year because he doesn't fit what BA is looking for in a QB. He doesn't have the fastball needed for BA's type of offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    I am not convinced Sam Darnold will have a good season this next season because USC will be thin and they lost a lot of players. it will knock some shine off of him but he will still be coveted in my opinion.

If you look at the list for next year I like the cards chances of getting a good one next year out of the draft.

Not in any particular order but look at these guys for next year.

1. Sam Darnold
    2. Josh Rosen
    3. Lamar Jackson
    4. Luke Faulk

No telling who else may emerge. I think it will be one of the best classes in a long time for Qb's in the 2018 draft.

You forgot Josh Allen and Mason Rudolph. Both of them fit BA's offense better than any of the 4 you listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdgang95 View Post
    You forgot Josh Allen and Mason Rudolph. Both of them fit BA's offense better than any of the 4 you listed.
    Josh Allen is going to get completely exposed this year. Don't understand the hype around him. Most of his big play came from defense completely falling apart.

How do the Cardinals get one of these qb's? Top ten pick most likely needed

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    if we're not picking there, same way as the texans and chiefs did on thursday...

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    Going to have to give up either top tier player and/or many draft picks next year. Would have been easier to move from the 13th spot into the top ten than bottom 4 (hoping here) into the top ten next year. Every year, there are at least 3-5 teams that need a QB, then you have the teams that need their QBOF if their current QB is up in years. So to say that next year we will have the pick of the litter is just false, as many folks seem to imply.
    Last edited by maricopa_taco; 04-30-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinals2005 View Post
    Mark my words... on Sunday, April 30th, 2017.. Blake Bortles will be the Arizona Cardinals 2018 starting QB..
    Reasoning behind this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    The issue with the 2018 draft is that if we are more successful in the 2017 season than 2016 it will cost much more to move up to grab a guy, and if Palmer retires it will cost even more as teams will know our desperation. In addition, other QB needy teams will have further incentive to jump ahead of us. I think we will first find a vet in FA.
    I agree, that we will need to get a guy in here next year so we do not HAVE to rely on the draft, a la Stanton before Palmer was traded for. Obviously if the (ridiculous in my opinion) theory that Stafford will be a FA next year pans out, we have to pay him an exorbitant amount of money and, as Arians calls it "refire" Palmer and push him out the door even if he considers returning.

But more likely than not to be competitive next year, we will have to give up an equally exorbitant number of picks to get "our" QB in the draft. If next year turns out to be like this year where the QBs have to sit before they can play we're in trouble.

The more I think about it I believe the QB to sit behind Palmer talk was all smokescreen. They pushed the defenders they wanted early further down the board. Arians has said in the past that a QB needs to play to learn, and he has done that with his first round QBs in the past. Couch, Manning, Roethlisbereger, and Luck all started as rookies. Now I know that BA was not directly in charge of all of those decisions, and that Couch kinda sucked, but BA certainly doesn't think so, more important is that BA learned success at starting a Rookie QB.

I am already steeling my self to lose some picks next draft, and further along as well. At least I hope to, because we had a couple opportunities to take one in a reasonable position over the last couple years.